Fat Hank: "People were laughing at AJ Feeley." | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fat Hank: "People were laughing at AJ Feeley."

Section, you should really stop hanging on everything that Hank says. ;)

Finsflurry said:
People were laughing at Feeley? I dont know what practice he was at, nothing he did was laughable. You expect the guy to come in and light the world on fire? I watched him, and the only time he really had trouble was with the rush in his face...I mean there are huge men about to take your head off, and he's thrown a few incompletions and only 1 interception. Other than that, his deep outs and all the throws Jay couldn't make he is making consistently. I'd rather have him be able to throw all those throws and then worry about the mental part and learning the playbook, I mean he opens up so much more for our offense. People are looking for an excuse to degrade our franchise and right now anything will do, but to say Feeley is laughable makes me laugh at Fat Hank.
There ya go....EYE WITNESS report.... that right there makes it more credible than Hank's " I heard...."

I understand all the discussion about it just being practice and too early to make judgments and I agree with that. However, biases aside (I believe) this is why I am nervous about this season and refuse to give our Front Office anythin better than an incomplete for the offseason:

1.) Quarterback situation: We have Feilder an average Quarterback who plays well at times but makes, in my opinion, too many mistakes in critical situations, tends to play poorly in the 4th quarter (low QB rating). Not consistent enough but can win games if the defense is playing well. Also injured too often.

Then there is Feeley truly an unknown. Could be good but, I think, it is impossible to tell. Pros - Went 4-1 as an Eagle q-b (played well but did not dominate in those situations) Cons - Could not beat out Koy Detmer as the 2nd string QB (which is the one things that kills me when I really think about it. Overall i just don't know what to make of his stint in Philly because I heard that during his 4-1 run the Philly defense played out of its mind and gave up something like 6 points a game.

There ya go....EYE WITNESS report.... that right there makes it more credible than Hank's " I heard

You damn right, that fat slob wasn't out there once in that heat, he probably would've melted. Hank is by far the most pessimistic of the radio show hosts down here IMO and he has his little pets on the team (he's been Fiedler's biggest supporter the past 5 years), and the only real football knowledge he gives out are the betting lines which I will admit he is great at. But as a judge of talent or scout, he blows beyond imagination (my fav quote: John Avery will be twice the runner we've had here in a long time and will be twice as good a runner as Moss is a receiver. Book it.)

Alxphins said:
Could not beat out Koy Detmer as the 2nd string QB (which is the one things that kills me when I really think about it.

Well, we've been over this time and again. The reason Detmer was listed as 2nd string, is because he was the holder for FGs & XPs. If Detmer would have walked onto the field as 3rd string, to hold the ball even once, that (by NFL rules) would have kept both McNabb and Feely out for the remainder of the game. The coaching staff in Phila, has made that abundantly clear.

Alxphins said:
Overall i just don't know what to make of his stint in Philly because I heard that during his 4-1 run the Philly defense played out of its mind and gave up something like 6 points a game.

Personally, I live in the midst of Eagles/Giants country... I watched every game AJ started with Phila... and listened to the "experts" in the Phila media talk about each game. I can assure you, that while AJ did not play like a Marino, Elway or Young.. he did very well. Managed the offense well, made good choices, and completed very nice passes to a horrible WR corps... while the Eagles D was outstanding throughout that year (not just those 5 games), they are not the SOLE reason they won...
Andy Reid had enough confidence in AJ to turn him loose during those games. He did not "water down" the play calling, and allowed AJ to manage the offense.

Detmer was listed as 2nd string, is because he was the holder for FGs & XPs. If Detmer would have walked onto the field as 3rd string, to hold the ball even once, that (by NFL rules) would have kept both McNabb and Feely out for the remainder of the game.

Ok now I'm confused, are you saying that if Detmer replaced McNabb for a series because let's say he had to get stiches, he can't come back in if Detmer holds for a fg or extra point?

Finsflurry said:
Detmer was listed as 2nd string, is because he was the holder for FGs & XPs. If Detmer would have walked onto the field as 3rd string, to hold the ball even once, that (by NFL rules) would have kept both McNabb and Feely out for the remainder of the game.

Ok now I'm confused, are you saying that if Detmer replaced McNabb for a series because let's say he had to get stiches, he can't come back in if Detmer holds for a fg or extra point?

yes... if Detmer was listed as 3rd string.

If the 3rd string QB comes in at any point during the game... the 1st & 2nd string QBs are disqualified for the remainder of that game.

yes... if Detmer was listed as 3rd string.

If the 3rd string QB comes in at any point during the game... the 1st & 2nd string QBs are disqualified for the remainder of that game.

I'm sorry but that is the worst rule I have ever seen, what if your first 2 QBs go down for a couple series they can't get back in the game? The need to amend this rule ASAP...

Finsflurry said:
I'm sorry but that is the worst rule I have ever seen, what if your first 2 QBs go down for a couple series they can't get back in the game? The need to amend this rule ASAP...

Then you're stuck with the 3rd stringer. I'm not sure why the rule was made, but it's an OLD one....

That rule has been in effect for a long time. If the first two QBs go down for a few series, and the 3rd stringer comes in, then neither of the first 2 passers can re-enter the game until the 4th quarter.

The immediate backup #2 guy can come in at any point and be replaced by the #1 guy and vice versa...its just that your 3rd QB for the moment gets a roster exemption I believe on the "active" list. Every game you are allowed something like 46 active players. 7 of your 53-man roster players just do not dress for the game. The 3rd QB, I do not believe, is counted among those activated players. He is listed as the 3rd "emergency" quarterback, and gets an exemption I believe.

As such, if a team wanted the freedom to switch between their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd QBs, they could probably just genuinely make the 3rd QB active for the game, part of the 46 man list, and then he can come and go on the field as the coaches see fit. But most coaches have a hard time just figuring out which players are going to be inactive for the game because they really want to use their talent (they wouldn't be on the 53 man roster if they weren't talented) or they want to have the emergency depth...and coaches also want to have a good holder that has a rapport with the kicker for their field goals. Thats why its very believable that Feeley was listed as the #3 QB even though had McNabb gone down for a series of games, Feeley would have started.

ckparrothead said:
That rule has been in effect for a long time. If the first two QBs go down for a few series, and the 3rd stringer comes in, then neither of the first 2 passers can re-enter the game until the 4th quarter.

The immediate backup #2 guy can come in at any point and be replaced by the #1 guy and vice versa...its just that your 3rd QB for the moment gets a roster exemption I believe on the "active" list. Every game you are allowed something like 46 active players. 7 of your 53-man roster players just do not dress for the game. The 3rd QB, I do not believe, is counted among those activated players. He is listed as the 3rd "emergency" quarterback, and gets an exemption I believe.

As such, if a team wanted the freedom to switch between their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd QBs, they could probably just genuinely make the 3rd QB active for the game, part of the 46 man list, and then he can come and go on the field as the coaches see fit. But most coaches have a hard time just figuring out which players are going to be inactive for the game because they really want to use their talent (they wouldn't be on the 53 man roster if they weren't talented) or they want to have the emergency depth...and coaches also want to have a good holder that has a rapport with the kicker for their field goals. Thats why its very believable that Feeley was listed as the #3 QB even though had McNabb gone down for a series of games, Feeley would have started.

Thanks CK... you stated it much better than I did...

Section126 said:
Wanna bet?

Put me in that drill, and I'll just drop it to the safety valve when he releases and go 1 for 11........

Trust me guys.......The receivers do get open....especially in practice.....The DB's are not neccessarily in "lock down" mode......

I was making a point in jest...and some of you want me to play QB in the NFL to be able to make a point of hitting a wide open Travis Minor in the flat.

The point Hank "I think" was trying to make was that AJ was a total disaster and was in fact missing wide open and easy passes consistently.

When did Hank go to Camp? Once in the last 10 years! He was watching horsies poop on the track in Kentucky when the camps were going down.

Feeley was bad on day one, but he was much better, and more relaxed on day two, then day three he connects on two nice long passes.

Its funny how what Rick Spileman, an NFL guy says Feeley is good and may be special, he is embelishing, yet Fat Hank who thinks his sh*t don't stink says something, no way is he wrong. LMAO!

Back
Top Bottom