Fat Hank: "People were laughing at AJ Feeley." | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fat Hank: "People were laughing at AJ Feeley."

That's hardly my type of quick, and I think that goes for most of the people here. We want success this year, not another year of waiting.

Jimmy James said:
That's hardly my type of quick, and I think that goes for most of the people here. We want success this year, not another year of waiting.

You know how depressing is when you watch your team not make the playoffs after spending so much time on the boards with all your members buddies, talking about how big the season is. If you truly love your team you
will feel as bad as they do when they walk out of the field from a loss. Some
players don't care at all but there are others who do.

juniorseau55 said:
Also he has Racked up those wins in fashionable matter. Fiedlers starter record means nothing to me cause it is clearly evident that Jay would not have had such a starter record if they defense wouldn't win us some games.

Totally disagree. If you credit Collins with wins on his own, you should at least do that for Jay as well. Collins had a very good defense and rushing attack to go along with his victories. Jay didn't have that until Ricky got here.

When you take off your Jay hating hat it will make sense to you.

Oliver...

juniorseau55 said:
You know how depressing is when you watch your team not make the playoffs after spending so much time on the boards with all your members buddies, talking about how big the season is. If you truly love your team you
will feel as bad as they do when they walk out of the field from a loss. Some
players don't care at all but there are others who do.

That's fine, but it's irrational to blame just one player. Sorry makes no sense to me. That is an emotional response to the situation.

Oliver...

PLEASE guys...don't buy this crap. It's all posturing right now. Wait until training camp at the VERY earliest to see who's for real and who isn't.

Feeley's never looked bad in Philly, so give him some time.

And by the way, I'd like to have Rich Gannon for a year if he becamse available. Even last year when he supposedly fell off the map he played well before his injury (26 of 43, 3 TD's 1 pick vs SD and 24 of 38 264, 2 TD's vs Titans.) I blame his problems more on decline of his recievers and Porter's injury.

People point at his age, but he doesn't have the wear and tear most guys his age do. Just a thought.

Anyway, it won't happen: as far as I can see he'll start in Oak-town, and he has big problems with Trestman these days...

Kistner10 said:
Section, I dont think you'd complete ANY passes against an NFL team in a seven on seven drill especially against Miami's secondary.
Give the guy SOME credit. I'm betting that he'd complete a few to Madison, and a few to Surtain. :)

I did not see any of the practices,but even if it is true,everyone has a bad day. I am glad, because the last few years the players who have looked great in camp,like DT and such, have sucked in the regular season so maybe this is a good sign.

Section, when was the last time you practice with NFL players?
I don't care if the guy misses 20 in a row....he is working on a ton of stuff...most importantly is getting the plays nailed down in his head.

It is quite obvious that he missed plenty of balls and looked rusty because he probably threw an OUT instead of an IN...etc...these types of mishaps occur when you are dealing with absorbing a completely new offense.

They are not just going 7 on 7 and telling Feeley "OK, throw an 10 yard IN route"....he is being sent a play from the offensive coordinator who yells something like "42 X square Y OUT short 10"....and expected to know his WRs routes and his safety valve in case of a blitz.

Lets keep things in perspective here....and keep Section 126 AWAY from the practice field.

Superself said:
Section, when was the last time you practice with NFL players?
I don't care if the guy misses 20 in a row....he is working on a ton of stuff...most importantly is getting the plays nailed down in his head.

It is quite obvious that he missed plenty of balls and looked rusty because he probably threw an OUT instead of an IN...etc...these types of mishaps occur when you are dealing with absorbing a completely new offense.

They are not just going 7 on 7 and telling Feeley "OK, throw an 10 yard IN route"....he is being sent a play from the offensive coordinator who yells something like "42 X square Y OUT short 10"....and expected to know his WRs routes and his safety valve in case of a blitz.

Lets keep things in perspective here....and keep Section 126 AWAY from the practice field.

Best post in this thread!! :up:

ohall said:
However Kerry Collins is not a better QB than any of QB's on the roster right now. Check out his career stats. He's just more expensive and more beat up.

Oliver...
whatever! Sage , Fiedler and Feely have never made it to the sb. He may not be a great qb but to say he's no better than any of those qb's makes it obvious you're trying to get your $$$ worth from that orange and teal glasses you're wearing.

Justasportsfan said:
whatever! Sage , Fiedler and Feely have never made it to the sb. He may not be a great qb but to say he's no better than any of those qb's makes it obvious you're trying to get your $$$ worth from that orange and teal glasses you're wearing.

Sorry Justa, you usually have pretty good points, but I think you're off base here.

Dilfer also has a ring... I can't say I think he was any better than any of the three of them either.

Lets remember people that the media in Miami THRIVE off of being negative about the Dolphins. It is VERY RARE that i ever read anything positive in the Miami Herald. And Hank is one of the TOP leaders in that department. He is the most negative person i have ever heard on the radio. This is why i choose not to listen to his stupidity. I say give AJ a chance to work out the kinks and the nervousness... one or two camps are not going to do it. The kid has to learn the system. Hank needs to learn how to stop eating.

:missmeth:

WharfRat said:
Sorry Justa, you usually have pretty good points, but I think you're off base here.

Dilfer also has a ring... I can't say I think he was any better than any of the three of them either.
that's was just part of what makes him better. If we asked a neutral fan base who is better between Fiedler and Collins i would think they would say Collins. Fiedler is one of the reasons why the fins haven't gotten over the hump. Look around this board and you will see how many Fiedler haters there are who have legitimate concerns. That says a lot especially coming from finfans. I haven't seen any Collins haters from any Giants fans as much as Fiedler haters. That doesn't mean there aren't any Giant fans who wished they had a better qb than Collins.

Feely? Maybe he'll be better "someday" but to say Collins is equally as good as Feely who has done nothing to prove that he's even a legitimate stater is off base.

What about Sage? Just like Feely, hasn't proven he's a starter. Maybe someday , but at point in time.......

Justasportsfan said:
that's was just part of what makes him better. If we asked a neutral fan base who is better between Fiedler and Collins i would think they would say Collins. Fiedler is one of the reasons why the fins haven't gotten over the hump. Look around this board and you will see how many Fiedler haters there are who have legitimate concerns. That says a lot especially coming from finfans. I haven't seen any Collins haters from any Giants fans as much as Fiedler haters. That doesn't mean there aren't any Giant fans who wished they had a better qb than Collins.

Feely? Maybe he'll be better "someday" but to say Collins is equally as good as Feely who has done nothing to prove that he's even a legitimate stater is off base.

What about Sage? Just like Feely, hasn't proven he's a starter. Maybe someday , but at point in time.......

Point well taken...

However, living in NJ, I have seen my fair share of Collins Hating Giants fans. Trust me, they exist, and much of the Giants fanbase in this area was happy to see him go.

Back
Top Bottom