Fat Hank: "People were laughing at AJ Feeley." | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fat Hank: "People were laughing at AJ Feeley."

Maybe Feeley was up too late makin sweet lovin to his woman! The fine thing she is...

No seriously, though it is only May and I am going to hold off judgement until they actually get the pads on and he has more time to learn the system.

WharfRat said:
Point well taken...

However, living in NJ, I have seen my fair share of Collins Hating Giants fans. Trust me, they exist, and much of the Giants fanbase in this area was happy to see him go.
I am sure you have. Just like there are tons of Bledsoe haters/bashers. I can only assume that if it wasn't for Wanny Fiedler wouldn't have been a fin this year. I doubt any team would've been looking to hire fiedler as a starter.

Wanna bet?

Put me in that drill, and I'll just drop it to the safety valve when he releases and go 1 for 11........

Trust me guys.......The receivers do get open....especially in practice.....The DB's are not neccessarily in "lock down" mode......

I was making a point in jest...and some of you want me to play QB in the NFL to be able to make a point of hitting a wide open Travis Minor in the flat.

The point Hank "I think" was trying to make was that AJ was a total disaster and was in fact missing wide open and easy passes consistently.

Superself said:
Section, when was the last time you practice with NFL players?
I don't care if the guy misses 20 in a row....he is working on a ton of stuff...most importantly is getting the plays nailed down in his head.

It is quite obvious that he missed plenty of balls and looked rusty because he probably threw an OUT instead of an IN...etc...these types of mishaps occur when you are dealing with absorbing a completely new offense.

They are not just going 7 on 7 and telling Feeley "OK, throw an 10 yard IN route"....he is being sent a play from the offensive coordinator who yells something like "42 X square Y OUT short 10"....and expected to know his WRs routes and his safety valve in case of a blitz.

Lets keep things in perspective here....

:cooldude:

And as for ever practicing with NFL players.......I never played football at that high of a level, but I did play baseball to the point where I could have played professionally and I was able to hit a 90 mph fastball in high school.....My point is that a FAT 90 mph fastball belt high is the same in high school as it is in the Majors.........

A wide open back in the flat is the same in the NFL as it is in the play ground.

There are some throws he has to be able to make regardless of the new offence, and he hasn't been able to make them.

Section126 said:
And as for ever practicing with NFL players.......I never played football at that high of a level, but I did play baseball to the point where I could have played professionally and I was able to hit a 90 mph fastball in high school.....My point is that a FAT 90 mph fastball belt high is the same in high school as it is in the Majors.........

A wide open back in the flat is the same in the NFL as it is in the play ground.
Maybe that's why the recievers weren't making the catch , they were playing baseball and the wr's were batting.

Section126 said:
Fat Hank just said that people that he was talking to said that they were cracking up watching AJ Feeley play in the mini camp, he said that at one point he had thrown 11 straight incomplete passes....IN PRACTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF is this crap?????????????

Okay, is this true? Was he that bad?

I can say this.....I did play some football in my lifetime....but not anymore....I can throw a football pretty well.....I can guarantee you this......I would not go 0-11 in a 7 on 7 drill in PRACTICE.....I'll complete a few.....

Hank also said that he missed The Backs twice on safety valves and that one of them he over threw for an interception.......

If you saw him, post your opinion of his performances.

This is not good.
I haven't seen one shred of evidence that this is even true....

Look, Rick evaluated every pass A.J. through in his career. They studied him, they analyzed him and they say he is good.

So, either you believe in Rick and his strategy or we wait till next year when we have a new coach and GM.

Either way it seems silly to get to upset over a mini-camp practice.

In the words of Allen Iverson: "We're talking about practice! Practice!"

inFINSible said:
I haven't seen one shred of evidence that this is even true....

So Hank is just making things up on air?

I somehow doubt that although he has had a suspicious disdain for the Feeley move from day one.

Section126 said:
So Hank is just making things up on air?

I somehow doubt that although he has had a suspicious disdain for the Feeley move from day one.
He could be...or he could be embelishing....either way it's not like any radio personality ever gave any more thought to accuracy rather than ratings.

Controversy sells.

People were laughing at Feeley? I dont know what practice he was at, nothing he did was laughable. You expect the guy to come in and light the world on fire? I watched him, and the only time he really had trouble was with the rush in his face...I mean there are huge men about to take your head off, and he's thrown a few incompletions and only 1 interception. Other than that, his deep outs and all the throws Jay couldn't make he is making consistently. I'd rather have him be able to throw all those throws and then worry about the mental part and learning the playbook, I mean he opens up so much more for our offense. People are looking for an excuse to degrade our franchise and right now anything will do, but to say Feeley is laughable makes me laugh at Fat Hank.

Back
Top Bottom