Fiedler Haters | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler Haters

enigmatics said:
Pssssssssssst..........how many times did we run the ball???? When you're rushing the ball 60+% of the time, that tends to keep the sack count down.

Boy you got an excuse for everything huh? Don't you think the times the qb PA faked the whole defense would play run and both got plenty of time that year, yeah the oline wasnt as good pass blocking as run blocking but they were good enough. Ricky got so much pressure off the qb if they had actually been able to stretch the defense and make them respect the pass we might have gone all the way.

Finsflurry said:
Boy you got an excuse for everything huh? Don't you think the times the qb PA faked the whole defense would play run and both got plenty of time that year, yeah the oline wasnt as good pass blocking as run blocking but they were good enough. Ricky got so much pressure off the qb if they had actually been able to stretch the defense and make them respect the pass we might have gone all the way.

Still fighting with them, eh Finsflurry. Man your head must be hurting from..... :wall:

Finsflurry said:
How does it in any way debunk my theory about Fiedler can't play under pressure? Just because he was good in one season in the fourth quarter (btw, towards the end of the year he started to struggle in the fourth quarter and he continued to play horrible in the playoffs) does not mean he is clutch, the past 3 years have proven otherwise IMO. But like I said before, even when he has time he is too inconsistent and that has been proven numerous times...I really don't know why you guys seem to think he's accurate or something when he has good protection, are we not watching the same games?

When you say somebody can't do something and then it is shown that he has done it, then you are proven wrong. You can say he has been inconsistent, that would be accurate. But you can't say he can't perform under pressure. As to the reason for the team's struggles, you could attribute it to a variety of reasons, but none of those are facts. They are opinions. Many posters in this thread don't seem to understand that.

Regarding JF's accuracy, I never said he was accurate, but since you brought it up, He is accurate short, somewhat accurate on medium length passes and inaccurate long. Statswise that puts him about middle of the pack.

BlueFin said:
Thats funny, because it sure didn't look like Ray Lucas to me losing the final two games of 2002..........

It sure didn't look like Ray Lucas only able to complete 3 -14 passes for 24 yards in the critical season ending game against the Pats in 2002 either..............

That guy looked alot like Jay Fiedler..........go look at his performances in playoff games or critical late season games that are needed to secure playoff spots and you'll find a very inconsistent quarterback with a very low quarterback rating.

1 touchdown and 7 interceptions in three playoff appearances.........beautiful Jay............beautiful!

Yeah, you were right about Jay being the QB in that game. But you forgot to mention that the offense scored 24 points; the defense giving up 14 points in less than 7 mins of the 4th and OT.

Hey, I believe that we need a QB upgrade, and to me there is no doubt about it. Whether Jay plays his best this year or someone else does, that will be exellent and I have no problem about it. I do feel like a lot of us that Jay does not play well under pressure. His stats in the 2nd half of every game seems to point in that direction.
He is not a come from behind QB, we all know that is not his specialty. He is too inconsistant, not only on his throws but also on his decision making....

rafael said:
When you say somebody can't do something and then it is shown that he has done it, then you are proven wrong. You can say he has been inconsistent, that would be accurate. But you can't say he can't perform under pressure. As to the reason for the team's struggles, you could attribute it to a variety of reasons, but none of those are facts. They are opinions. Many posters in this thread don't seem to understand that.

Regarding JF's accuracy, I never said he was accurate, but since you brought it up, He is accurate short, somewhat accurate on medium length passes and inaccurate long. Statswise that puts him about middle of the pack.

Okay this is the last time I'm going to break it down for you. Jay cannot perform under pressure and is not clutch, clutch means to consistently perform in big-game situations, and nothing is bigger than the final 4 games of the year and the playoffs, so why don't we take a look at his stats:

13-31, 111 yds, 41.9 comp %, 0 TD, 2 int, 25.1 rating
21-40, 240 yds, 52 %, 0 TD, 2 int, 50 rating
8-17, 46 yds, 47.1 %, 1 TD, 1 int, 48.9 rating
21-29, 328 yds, 72.4 %, 1 TD, 1 int, 106.7 rating (game didn't matter)

15-29, 196 yds, 51.7 %, 1 TD, 1 int, 70.5 rating
21-32, 237 yds, 65.6 %, 1 TD, 0 int, 98 rating
15-21, 177 yds, 71.4 %, 2 TD, 1 int, 108.6 rating
11-25, 140 yds, 44 %, 1 TD, 0 int, 70 rating

16-28, 149 yds, 57.1 %, 0 TD, 3 int, 32.3 rating
21-37, 320 yds, 56.8 %, 1 Td, 0 int, 94.4 rating
16-29, 191 yds, 55.2 %, 2 Td, 1 int, 84.1 rating
9-16, 110 yds, 56.3 %, 1 TD, 0 int, 98 rating

13-21, 200 yds, 56 %, 3 td, 0 int, 113 rating
13-28, 175 yds, 42 %, 1 Td, 4 int, 44 rating
12-25, 150 yds, 48 %, 0 TD, 1 int, 65 rating
30-45, 240 yds, 66 %, 0 Td, 0 int, 88 rating

Playoffs

19-34, 185 yds, 54 %, 1 Td, 3 int, 52 rating
18-37, 176 yds, 49 %, 0 td, 3 int, 21 rating
15-28, 122 yds, 53 %, 0 Td, 1 int, 50 rating

Which equals about 160 yards a game, 16 tds, 24 interceptions, a horrible pass completion % and an even worse qb rating...so what's the excuse now?

You need to come through at least 50% of the time to even be considered clutch, Fiedler is more like 33%...so even though he may have had games where he is clutch, overall he has proven that he cannot consistently play well in the clutch. He's had like 6 good games out of 18 including the playoffs, sorry I don't want my qb to show up every three games I'll pass. Fiedler is not clutch, he's had a few clutch performances but in the majority he has proven he cannot perform under pressure. Blame it on whatever you Fiedler lovers want, his stats and our record in December and the playoffs tell the real story...

Dolphinizzle said:
wow you are stupid. I think you got that backwards. Anyone who has hatred towards any player in a Dolphins uniform needs to get lost.

Another word for "Fiedler supporter" is "Realist", that's what we really are. We know he is the best we've Got, and the best we are gonna have for the upcoming season. So we will support our starting QB. Unlike you morons, or as I like to call, "fake dolfans" who are just looking for a new face, rather than evaluating who is the best man we can have.

As of right now, that man is Fiedler, so looks like you fake dolfans can just deal with that.
What? you really are a f*ckin clown...You callin the ADMIN of this board a FAKE DOLFAN??

MAN, i dont hate Fiedler Ill support who is ever on the field on opening day, i just think it should be Feeley.. AND I think that the ADMIN of Finheaven.com would agree 100%. So you callin him a fake Dolfan?? Your just a punk b*tch.

EDIT: House Rules for you too. Don't let it happen again. 1st and Last Warning.

Muck

Once again I DO NOT HATE JAY FIELDER (HES A GREAT GUY) I JUST WANT THE BETTER QB TO START -- > AJ FEELEY.

IF FIEDLER TURNS OUT TO BE THE BETTER QB HE HAS MY SUPPORT 100%.

Consider my words on this matter officially closed until Game One.

Dolphinizzle said:
:lol: wow you are stupid. I think you got that backwards. Anyone who has hatred towards any player in a Dolphins uniform needs to get lost.

Another word for "Fiedler supporter" is "Realist", that's what we really are. We know he is the best we've Got, and the best we are gonna have for the upcoming season. So we will support our starting QB. Unlike you morons, or as I like to call, "fake dolfans" who are just looking for a new face, rather than evaluating who is the best man we can have.

As of right now, that man is Fiedler, so looks like you fake dolfans can just deal with that.
Mod Note: The personal and derogatory comments directed at other members in this post just earned you 24 in the cooler. Brush up on the house rules before you come back.

Dolphinizzle said:
:lol: wow you are stupid. I think you got that backwards. Anyone who has hatred towards any player in a Dolphins uniform needs to get lost.

How do you know he's the best we've got? What has he ever done to make you think we should just hand him the job? Use some rational arguements instead of calling people morons...oh yeah I forgot you don't have any, every thing you can say in support of Jay can be countered with stats and game tapes etc. You are more biased than anyone by not even giving AJ a chance, you just assume Jay's the best man because...???? At least we'll support Jay even if we dont agree with it.

Finsflurry said:
How do you know he's the best we've got? What has he ever done to make you think we should just hand him the job? Use some rational arguements instead of calling people morons...oh yeah I forgot you don't have any, every thing you can say in support of Jay can be countered with stats and game tapes etc. You are more biased than anyone by not even giving AJ a chance, you just assume Jay's the best man because...???? At least we'll support Jay even if we dont agree it.
:clap: :bravo:

Finsflurry said:
How do you know he's the best we've got? What has he ever done to make you think we should just hand him the job? Use some rational arguements instead of calling people morons...oh yeah I forgot you don't have any, every thing you can say in support of Jay can be countered with stats and game tapes etc. You are more biased than anyone by not even giving AJ a chance, you just assume Jay's the best man because...???? At least we'll support Jay even if we dont agree it.

Well we know he was better than Lucas and Griese. As far as AJ is concerned I'll make decision on him in the preseason. I hope AJ wins the Competion hands down. But you don't just give the Job to AJ because he isn't feilder...

--Ross

Ross said:
Well we know he was better than Lucas and Griese. As far as AJ is concerned I'll make decision on him in the preseason. I hope AJ wins the Competion hands down. But you don't just give the Job to AJ because he isn't feilder...

--Ross

Yeah you do :roflmao:

Finsflurry said:
If I had time and my guy was open I'd feel comfortable, at least I hope I should considering I'm an NFL quarterback. Even when he's had no one near him and all the time in the world he still misses people routinely...

I noticed the word IF started your sentence, I asked would you be comfortable throwing a bomb behind last years OL or the ones before that for the last 2 years. My points was he hasn't had time..Manning, Warner, Collins would have fared no better last year, not behind what our OL did.

Finsflurry said:
Okay this is the last time I'm going to break it down for you. Jay cannot perform under pressure and is not clutch, clutch means to consistently perform in big-game situations, and nothing is bigger than the final 4 games of the year and the playoffs, so why don't we take a look at his stats:

13-31, 111 yds, 41.9 comp %, 0 TD, 2 int, 25.1 rating
21-40, 240 yds, 52 %, 0 TD, 2 int, 50 rating
8-17, 46 yds, 47.1 %, 1 TD, 1 int, 48.9 rating
21-29, 328 yds, 72.4 %, 1 TD, 1 int, 106.7 rating (game didn't matter)

15-29, 196 yds, 51.7 %, 1 TD, 1 int, 70.5 rating
21-32, 237 yds, 65.6 %, 1 TD, 0 int, 98 rating
15-21, 177 yds, 71.4 %, 2 TD, 1 int, 108.6 rating
11-25, 140 yds, 44 %, 1 TD, 0 int, 70 rating

16-28, 149 yds, 57.1 %, 0 TD, 3 int, 32.3 rating
21-37, 320 yds, 56.8 %, 1 Td, 0 int, 94.4 rating
16-29, 191 yds, 55.2 %, 2 Td, 1 int, 84.1 rating
9-16, 110 yds, 56.3 %, 1 TD, 0 int, 98 rating

13-21, 200 yds, 56 %, 3 td, 0 int, 113 rating
13-28, 175 yds, 42 %, 1 Td, 4 int, 44 rating
12-25, 150 yds, 48 %, 0 TD, 1 int, 65 rating
30-45, 240 yds, 66 %, 0 Td, 0 int, 88 rating

Playoffs

19-34, 185 yds, 54 %, 1 Td, 3 int, 52 rating
18-37, 176 yds, 49 %, 0 td, 3 int, 21 rating
15-28, 122 yds, 53 %, 0 Td, 1 int, 50 rating

Which equals about 160 yards a game, 16 tds, 24 interceptions, a horrible pass completion % and an even worse qb rating...so what's the excuse now?

You need to come through at least 50% of the time to even be considered clutch, Fiedler is more like 33%...so even though he may have had games where he is clutch, overall he has proven that he cannot consistently play well in the clutch. He's had like 6 good games out of 18 including the playoffs, sorry I don't want my qb to show up every three games I'll pass. Fiedler is not clutch, he's had a few clutch performances but in the majority he has proven he cannot perform under pressure. Blame it on whatever you Fiedler lovers want, his stats and our record in December and the playoffs tell the real story...

You need to have the protection to come through 50% of the time, that just hasn't been there for Jay...it all starts with the OL..Warner was very inaccurate when his OL didn't hold up..that's when his int's went way up..there's a relationship here, trust that OL will hold up for at least 3-4, and receivers getting separation. He had to throw early too many times on the bomb, I think he had a little more time CC would have a 1000 yards on his resume by now.

Back
Top Bottom