Fiedler Haters | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler Haters

Ross said:
Yeah look how it would have gone with griese and lucas... :roflmao:

--Ross
Lucas yes.......griese never got a fair chance. was signed to late, was injured and never got to fully learn the offense.

pigskinguy said:
Lucas yes.......griese never got a fair chance. was signed to late, was injured and never got to fully learn the offense.

Wouldn't have matter with BG, the OL in Denver going south, exposed BG, and he just did more of the same here with our inadequate OL..BG is just not that good unless he has a OL that can block well, he's a Kurt Warner type player. But if you have a good OL..just about any NFL QB can look like a star.

MDFINFAN said:
I noticed the word IF started your sentence, I asked would you be comfortable throwing a bomb behind last years OL or the ones before that for the last 2 years. My points was he hasn't had time..Manning, Warner, Collins would have fared no better last year, not behind what our OL did.

Wow I cannot believe you just said Manning wouldn't have fared any better...are you insane...Peyton Manning+Ricky Williams+Chris Chambers+Randy McMichael=SuperBowl. Sorry to say it, but Peyton would add so much to our offense I can't even begin to describe it....Chambers would be an all-pro, and the oline would look a whole hell of a lot better with Manning PA faking and actually hitting everyone in stride, he would open up the field like Jay never could. I can't believe you're even comparing the two. Jay is still inconsistent even when he has time but Peyton is dead money when he has time and also throws a hell of a deep ball, its not even a comparison. Big deal he would have got sacked alot, so what he'd more than make up for it with the big plays he can provide. IMO Peyton Manning would have led us to at least a SB appearance with the team from 2002 or 2003.

MDFINFAN said:
Wouldn't have matter with BG, the OL in Denver going south, exposed BG, and he just did more of the same here with our inadequate OL..BG is just not that good unless he has a OL that can block well, he's a Kurt Warner type player. But if you have a good OL..just about any NFL QB can look like a star.

Griese had enough time to learn the system before being thrown into battle. And he showed great accuracy compared to jay. But he also showed that it takes alot more than just accuracy to to be an effective QB. Lack of movement (aka warner) from the QB is impossible to block well enough. If the D knows the QB is going to end up 3-5 yards behind center and stand there on a pass play it is impossible to block them all. So I hope AJ has better tools than Griese in that respect. Because if he doesn't, he has no chance here...

--Ross

Peyton wouldn't have added much because of our oline, not because he lacks ability. He can't throw the ball with a DE in his face 1.5 seconds after the snap. He's not a scrambling machine. He's at his best in the pocket. He wouldn't have had a pocket here. He had a better WR core, a great RB and a great oline and he still didn't get to a SB. No reason to think it would have been different here...

--Ross

Ross said:
Peyton wouldn't have added much because of our oline, not because he lacks ability. He can't throw the ball with a DE in his face 1.5 seconds after the snap. He's not a scrambling machine. He's at his best in the pocket. He wouldn't have had a pocket here. He had a better WR core, a great RB and a great oline and he still didn't get to a SB. No reason to think it would have been different here...

--Ross

He never had a defense near as good as ours, all that stopped us were a few plays the past few seasons and Peyton would have delivered those plays unlike Jay...you act like every single play Jay had pressure and that is not realistic, maybe about 65% of the time but the times he had no pressure he couldn't take advantage of alot of them that a QB like Peyton would have... no doubt about it in my mind.

Finsflurry said:
He never had a defense near as good as ours, all that stopped us were a few plays the past few seasons and Peyton would have delivered those plays unlike Jay...you act like every single play Jay had pressure and that is not realistic, maybe about 65% of the time but the times he had no pressure he couldn't take advantage of alot of them that a QB like Peyton would have... no doubt about it in my mind.

Yeah you have a point on our D, but I still don't think anyone would have done much better than jay behind our oline unless it was Vick. Someone with alot of mobility...

Man i hope the Oline plays better this year...

hey finsflurry

so your basically saying koy detmer is better than fiedler? (you know since feely couldnt beat him out for the backup even after he played well like forever ago, and why didnt philly unload the older koy detmer instead?) and i am not comparing marino to fiedler. maybe marino's last two years, and i hate saying that but its true...marino is a god in my household and im still trying to convince my wife that daniel is a good baby name. Noone can be compared to danny

dol_fan_in_tamp said:
so your basically saying koy detmer is better than fiedler? (you know since feely couldnt beat him out for the backup even after he played well like forever ago, and why didnt philly unload the older koy detmer instead?) and i am not comparing marino to fiedler. maybe marino's last two years, and i hate saying that but its true...marino is a god in my household and im still trying to convince my wife that daniel is a good baby name. Noone can be compared to danny

Although this has already been talked about here.......I guess it needs to be repeated again. DETMER WAS NOT THE FRIKKIN BACKUP IN PHILLY LAST YEAR, FEELEY WAS. Sorry for yelling but how many times do we need to go over the same thing.

pigskinguy said:
Although this has already been talked about here.......I guess it needs to be repeated again. DETMER WAS NOT THE FRIKKIN BACKUP IN PHILLY LAST YEAR, FEELEY WAS. Sorry for yelling but how many times do we need to go over the same thing.

How stupid can you all be?There no freaking way of proving that was case.I don't take the word of another GM(Philly) who wanted to get the most value in return.

Ross said:

--Ross
In Peytons rookie year his line was pretty bad. He did throw some INTs and his rating was similar to Jay's. So, I guess you could say that with last year's OL a ROOKIE Peyton Manning wouldnt have made much difference. But, I dont see how anyone could think that today's Manning wouldnt have made a huge difference.

Finsflurry=rick spielman

is it really you rick...no wonder you support feeley so much. :roflmao: just kidding man, i just wonder why you are sooo ready to hand the reigns over to this guy when fiedler has won so many games

Finsflurry said:
Wow I cannot believe you just said Manning wouldn't have fared any better...are you insane...Peyton Manning+Ricky Williams+Chris Chambers+Randy McMichael=SuperBowl. Sorry to say it, but Peyton would add so much to our offense I can't even begin to describe it....Chambers would be an all-pro, and the oline would look a whole hell of a lot better with Manning PA faking and actually hitting everyone in stride, he would open up the field like Jay never could. I can't believe you're even comparing the two. Jay is still inconsistent even when he has time but Peyton is dead money when he has time and also throws a hell of a deep ball, its not even a comparison. Big deal he would have got sacked alot, so what he'd more than make up for it with the big plays he can provide. IMO Peyton Manning would have led us to at least a SB appearance with the team from 2002 or 2003.

FF, note you put the emphasis on the skilled positions..we weren't that bad in that area last year...but how many carries did it take for Ricky to get 1300 yards, What happen to Griese time and time again when he went back to pass. As a matter of fact remember the game we lost when he fumbled after getting hit from the back side. This whole thing starts up front..Peyton wouldn't have hit anyone in stride if he couldn't set his feet and throw, we've prove that when our D gets all over him, when our rush was on, Peyton wasn't that effective and that's why we've beating him most of the time. If he has good time to throw, then yes he will pick us apart..but stop picturing him behind his OL and put him behind the OL we had last year and you may have seen a different Manning. Just my opinion, but success on O generally start with the OL...Can't break it down much more than that. Remember Jay had Ricky, he play faked to him a lot, and they were pretty good play fakes imo, but the OL couldn't hold long enough for him to turn around and throw..

Finsflurry said:

How do you attack every QB in the league? You get pressure on him. You don't need it on every play you just need enough to rattle them and prevent them from getting a rhythm. You get pressure on Manning or anybody else 65% of the time (except maybe Tarkenton) and they're not leading anybody to a Superbowl.

Back
Top Bottom