Fiedler Sucks "We win in SPITE of him, not BECAUSE of him, there's a HUGE difference" | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler Sucks "We win in SPITE of him, not BECAUSE of him, there's a HUGE difference"

Watched the "comeback" playoff win against Indy on NFL network the other day. Our LAST playoff win. Jay with 3 ints in a row, and Lamar had to bail the team out with very gutsy running. We don't need Danny M to make this O go. But, any QB that can read the D halfway decently, and can throw a short accurate pass will get us somewhere in the post season. Thanks Jay but please go away.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Wow...I can't believe I read this whole thread! There's been some quality crap posted here. I've got a different scenario for you 718. If Ricky runs for 200yds and 3 TD's and in the fourth quarter with a minute left Jay leads us to a game winning drive while having thrown a couple of pics and compiling an indecent 40something QB rating you would go as far as to say Jay won the game for us?:confused:

What part of "Scored the only offensive Td's of the game, led his team on the winning drive with no time outs left on their own 20, and punches in the go ahead score with 5 sec. left" dont you understand? Nobody (with the exception of the defense) carried the load. Its not like somebody on offense had a even good game and Jay just capatilized on it at the end. No. Jay made it happen on that last drive, and he made it happen at the end of the half.

One last thing I would like to point out to all of you who thinks your so smart. Rushing Td's are not calculated into a passer's passing rating. It is something that is being considered because the Qb position has evolved since earlier times. But if you added his 2 Td's and treated them as thrown Td's what would his passer's rating be then? It won't be that measly 40% everyone keeps throwing out there. Think about that before you start saying what his passer rating was. He scored both Td's in the game, he orchestrated the game winning drive. He deserved the game ball. Point proven.

Wow phinzone it only took you a week to get a comeback and it was lame all the same. When did I say Jay compared to Elway? Nice slight of hand there. Nice way to actually dodge, weave and twist the argument. Now actually try to answer the question.

If you actuually are saying that Elway didnt win those games for Denver, then why is there an official stat for all 4th qtr comebacks? Sorry whether you agree or not, you are not the official rule maker. Elway is credited with how many 4th qtr comebacks? The Raider game would not count the same for Jay as it would for Elway?

Next time answer the question, I even predicted that the opinion on Elway would change to fit the argument, LOL! Oh and I am for AJ, I think he is or will be better than Jay, I just hate when people make sh*t up about Jay, he has enough faults without making them up.

Clue to the answer: No qb has ever won a game singlehandedly, but the qb that leads a team from behind in teh 4th quarter is credited with leading his team to the win. Jay is teh one that made the play that counted.

You know what is funny and hypocritical? Jay bashers will say Jay did not win games for us and say the defense had to do this or teh receivers had to do this, yet have no problem saying it is Jay sole fault for the games we lost, why is that? Remember cant have a double standard no matter how bad you want it.

rickeyrunsover said:
Wow phinzone it only took you a week to get a comeback and it was lame all the same. When did I say Jay compared to Elway? Nice slight of hand there. Nice way to actually dodge, weave and twist the argument. Now actually try to answer the question.

If you actuually are saying that Elway didnt win those games for Denver, then why is there an official stat for all 4th qtr comebacks? Sorry whether you agree or not, you are not the official rule maker. Elway is credited with how many 4th qtr comebacks? The Raider game would not count the same for Jay as it would for Elway?

Next time answer the question, I even predicted that the opinion on Elway would change to fit the argument, LOL! Oh and I am for AJ, I think he is or will be better than Jay, I just hate when people make sh*t up about Jay, he has enough faults without making them up.

Clue to the answer: No qb has ever won a game singlehandedly, but the qb that leads a team from behind in teh 4th quarter is credited with leading his team to the win. Jay is teh one that made the play that counted.

You know what is funny and hypocritical? Jay bashers will say Jay did not win games for us and say the defense had to do this or teh receivers had to do this, yet have no problem saying it is Jay sole fault for the games we lost, why is that? Remember cant have a double standard no matter how bad you want it.

Your give yourself WAY too much credit. I never even saw your reply, and here you think I thought a week on it? psh, man I wouldn't bother to break wind on it much less think about the dribble you spewed.

First of all, when you use a person fas an example you ARE comparing their performances. You even made a an attempt to compare a specific game of Jay's to Elways performances. I suggest you look up comparison. Using elways wins to say jay deserves a win and not calling that a "comparison" is absurd. Until you wrap your head around that there's absolutely no use in arguing with you.

But just for hte heck of it I'll indulge you a little longer.

I'll start with requestiong proof that I "made stuff up" about Jay. Everything I said about his performance is solid. I've re-read, and well...I just can't find anything that I made up.

As far as "made up" I think I should point out your "4th quarter win" stat. I've been scouring the official NFL page, and I'll be damned if I can't find a "4th quarter QB stat". Did you say it exists out of good faith, or did you pull it randomly from some bodily orifice? I don't find a SINGLE one crediting a QB with a win. What I DO find is jay haveing 1 TD's and 7 TURNOVERS last season in the 4th quarter alone. But hey, if you want to draw from those stats so be it.

What I DO recall is people talking about Milehigh magic, and calling Elway the comeback king. That's FAR from official. If fan made nick-names are now considered official now, we better all bow to Elvis beigns he's a KING and all. And Freddy Hoyberg is now the Mayor of Ames Iowa :rolleyes:

And you are failing to put the game in context. You will be VERY hard sought to find ANYONE who watched that game say Jay won it for us, and deserves the credit for the win. He had TWO interceptions, the DEFENSE stepped up. Did I say he didn't HELP them win? No, never once said that. But does a QB that puts up a QB rating of 43.4, threw 2 Interceptions, and completed 47.1 percent of his passes REALLY deserve the credit for a win? Hell no!

Let's totally forget that Lamar Smith averaged 4.2 ypc and nearly broke 100 yards in the game, let's forget the fact that the defense held wheatler to 2.9 ypc on 15 carries, and under 50 yards, let's forget that the defense snuffed Gannon keeping his rating at about 64%. That was a TEAM effort, to chalk an overall MEDIOCRE performance by any QB up as a win in this situation is absurd. It's retarded to argue it, yes, he scored the final TD. He also threw 2 interceptions, one of which nearly cost us the game. That's not "winning" the game.

And I don't know where you go the idea that your qualified to make a judgement on how I think Elway is as a QB. I've never said how I felt either way, you have no idea what I think about his QB skills so there's no way in hell you know if I "switched" him for the post :rolleyes:

And the threat on Jay keeps going and going, boy can you guys beat a dead horse into the ground...LOL

Yes he is the poster child for mediocore, inconsistant, and most of all never has been!

DolFinatic718 said:
What part of "Scored the only offensive Td's of the game, led his team on the winning drive with no time outs left on their own 20, and punches in the go ahead score with 5 sec. left" dont you understand? Nobody (with the exception of the defense) carried the load. Its not like somebody on offense had a even good game and Jay just capatilized on it at the end. No. Jay made it happen on that last drive, and he made it happen at the end of the half.

One last thing I would like to point out to all of you who thinks your so smart. Rushing Td's are not calculated into a passer's passing rating. It is something that is being considered because the Qb position has evolved since earlier times. But if you added his 2 Td's and treated them as thrown Td's what would his passer's rating be then? It won't be that measly 40% everyone keeps throwing out there. Think about that before you start saying what his passer rating was. He scored both Td's in the game, he orchestrated the game winning drive. He deserved the game ball. Point proven.
Selective reading huh? If you notice, I think I wrote I have a different scenario for you because apparently you don't understand the difference between game winning play and won the game. I was trying to see what your opinion was on who won the game. Let's take a different approach here to see if maybe you can grasp it once and for all. I'm gonna use baseball because I feel it can be broken down to a more simplified level of understanding. Just because the saver comes in at the end of a game and pitches lights out doesn't mean he won the game, okay. I know you would love to give him the gameball and a raise because you apparently believe the last person to touch the ball wins the game. But you might want to take into consideration the other aspects of the game. Like maybe....the other pitcher, defensive effort, batting, etc... But since you insist on bobbing on Jay's knob for some reason beyond my comprehension we'll leave it at Jay was the sole reason why we won against the Raiders despite having one of his more pathetic games which don't catch many Dolphin fans by surprise because we are used to this guy playing worse than better. In fact, we're so used to this guy having these measely performances that you think a game in which he threw 2 pics, no TDs, had a 6.38YPA, with a 43.4 QB rating is one of his better games in which he realy pulled through for us for the win. C'mon.

What has he Done That Mattered?

rafael said:
Farve's TDs are what make him an elite QB. Nobody is claiming JF is elite. JF is avg. That means that his stats are avg. He throws a better than avg. # of ints and he throws a worse than avg. # of TDs. The affect he has on the team winning or losing is avg. That means he helps win some and he helps lose some. This is a far cry from the all wins are in spite of him that you're claiming.

Bottom line is what has Fiedler been able to do when it really matters in Dec??Can you remember a time when Fiedler actually won a Superbowl or even went?Brett Favre has....no comparison there.Fiedler fans can yak about his winning percentage,his heart,but what has he won thts matered?He's had his shot...lets give Feely a try...at least hes won games thats meant something. :eek:

DolFinatic718 said:

Well, if you want to include the QBs rushing into it, fine. But then you should have to include a RBs passing yds into his mix as well. Skewing the stats will not make any player any better than what they are. i think they got carried away with all this stat stuff when they start using them as a benchmark for certain incentives.

DolFinatic718 said:
But if you added his 2 Td's and treated them as thrown Td's what would his passer's rating be then? It won't be that measly 40% everyone keeps throwing out there. Think about that before you start saying what his passer rating was. He scored both Td's in the game, he orchestrated the game winning drive. He deserved the game ball. Point proven.

OK his stats for the entire game adding 2 TDs would be=

16 comp, 34 att (47% comp), 217 yds (6.38 YPA), 2 TDs, 2 INTs = 62.9 QBR a 20 point improvement form the 43.3 QBR for the game minus TDs.

Guys and gals, I have submitted this link before and will submitt it again for those that missed it.

This link, is an automatic calculator, I use for compiling the Passer Rating from Southendzone.com, and simple to use. Delete old info, fill new info and click submitt, check it out....

QBR Automatic Calculator Link

Last edited by a moderator:
DoLpHiNz34 said:
But since you insist on bobbing on Jay's knob for some reason beyond my comprehension .

Your not even worth conversating with on any level. In your few responses I have noticed how low your IQ level really is.

DeDolfan said:
Well, if you want to include the QBs rushing into it, fine. But then you should have to include a RBs passing yds into his mix as well. Skewing the stats will not make any player any better than what they are. i think they got carried away with all this stat stuff when they start using them as a benchmark for certain incentives.

You and the other guy must of been in the same classes in school.

People keep saying he had 2 int's and no touchdowns when in reality he had all the touchdowns for us that game.

Why am I even arguing this, we won the game on two touchdowns by Jay Fiedler. Case closed

I will no longer argue this fact!

DolFinatic718 said:
One last thing I would like to point out to all of you who thinks your so smart. Rushing Td's are not calculated into a passer's passing rating. It is something that is being considered because the Qb position has evolved since earlier times.

Well if were going measure our QB's effectiveness by scrambling TD's and throw out passing skills then we might as well run the wishbone.
We'll put Ricky, Konrad and Minor in the backfield and forget about Jay altogether.

DolFinatic718 said:
But if you added his 2 Td's and treated them as thrown Td's what would his passer's rating be then? .

Yeah, and what if Jay had 400 yards passing.... what would his passer rating have been then.... and what if he had no interceptions EVER... what would his passer rating be then...... Yeah point proven. If Jay had the ability to do all that he'd be AWESOME.

Just one problem he dosen't!

The Mentality of your arguments are astounding.

Trekbiz said:
Well if were going measure our QB's effectiveness by scrambling TD's and throw out passing skills then we might as well run the wishbone.
We'll put Ricky, Konrad and Minor in the backfield and forget about Jay altogether.

Yeah, and what if Jay had 400 yards passing.... what would his passer rating have been then.... and what if he had no interceptions EVER... what would his passer rating be then...... Yeah point proven. If Jay had the ability to do all that he'd be AWESOME.

Just one problem he dosen't!

The Mentality of your arguments are astounding.

All you proved that you understood nothing.
you were better off just falling asleep.

Back
Top Bottom