Fiedler Sucks "We win in SPITE of him, not BECAUSE of him, there's a HUGE difference" | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler Sucks "We win in SPITE of him, not BECAUSE of him, there's a HUGE difference"

Every player is supposed to have a big performance in a game, not just the stars. Team game. I'm sure Ricky wouldn't have a big game without the line opening holes for him. Jay wouldn't have a big game without receivers making big plays for him down field. Come on, this arguement is stupid.

rickeyrunsover said:
There is no way to prove no team wanted Jay, the only thing that was proven was that noone would trade for him.

Collins was given the chance to stay, but would not restructure his contract.

None that argument amounts to didly squat.

i don't recall any team even inquiring about him actually.

aristides said:
im not saying im a feidler lover ill take anybody that will take us all the way or atleast deep in the playoffs but what i am saying is ill give him one more year the O line is going to be much better this year and i think last seasons O line is the reason for his lack of yards and connections now he has protection in front if the O line does its job and gives jay time and he comes up with games under 200 yards than this is his fault and he needs to go he may have heart but we as dolphin fans are frustrated and want a champion team in realty no longer paper. :fire:

Nah, his time is up [along with Wanny]. he's had 4 yrs and couldn't get into the playoffs 2 yrs ago when the line was better.

DolFinatic718 said:
No matter who we play most of the Time we have a better Rb, Defense, and coach (Damn I know I'm gonna hear it about that one!). QUOTE]

COACH???? Yep, you're RIGHT !!! :lolcry: :nana:

minus said:
Basicly your telling it depends on player stats not on making plays when it matter most?The times that Jay had a great game with a QB rating above 90 and had very efficient game than he should be credited for winning the game?
Stats don't always say the whole story.For Example:
A QB could have thrown 4 int's in one game but only 1 could have been his fault and the other were Receivers faults for not reading the coverage right.(I'm not saying that the case in the Raiders game.).

It doesn't matter what you do in a game early at longest you step it up when your team needs you the most in order to get that W in any sport.

Without the defense's awesome play that game Jay's piss poor play early on WOULD have cost us the game. THere is NO way you can say HE won the game. If it's totally lopsided, Jay throwing all over the opposition you have a case. But in a game where he played piss porr, but hte team kept him in it until the last minute when he FIANLLY showed something NO he did NOT win the game. I've NEVER heard such a stupid argument. The guy trew a TERRIBLE int right down the wire. It's a stupid argument to be having, I can't believe anyone would make that claim.

So answer me this, Did Elway throw any ints and/or ints for tds in his 4th qtr comebacks? So you are saying Elway didnt win those games for Denver? No qb wins or loses games solely. Receivers have to catch, lineman have to block. So I guess Elway really didnt win those games. Please dont chane your opinion of Elway to win this debate, either. Like I said before, I am for AJ but stop trying to dicredit Jay because you dont like him.

Phinzone said:
Without the defense's awesome play that game Jay's piss poor play early on WOULD have cost us the game. THere is NO way you can say HE won the game. If it's totally lopsided, Jay throwing all over the opposition you have a case. But in a game where he played piss porr, but hte team kept him in it until the last minute when he FIANLLY showed something NO he did NOT win the game. I've NEVER heard such a stupid argument. The guy trew a TERRIBLE int right down the wire. It's a stupid argument to be having, I can't believe anyone would make that claim.

Football is a team sport and Fiedler did not win the Raiders game all by his lonesome it was a team effort and he made the winning play. I am glad to see that out of all the games I archived the Raiders game was the most talked about, because I believe that game showed all the qaulities a Qb must possess. Despite his 2 Int's Jay still had enough confidence to drive us down the field and score that Td. Also, even though he threw 2 int's he also scored our only 2 Td's of the game. lets not forget that.

His second interception was returned 26 yards for a touchdown by S Anthony Dorsett, which gave the Raiders a 15-10 lead with 12:41 to play in the game ... Trailing by that score, the Dolphins took over at their own 20 with 1:41 remaining and no timeouts ... Fiedler led the Dolphins on an 80-yard scoring march which resulted in his two-yard TD run with five seconds to play ... On the game-winning drive, Fiedler completed five of seven passes for 70 yards, including a nine-yard completion to Dedric Ward on fourth-and-three from the Raiders’ 18 ...

Priceless!

rickeyrunsover said:
So answer me this, Did Elway throw any ints and/or ints for tds in his 4th qtr comebacks? So you are saying Elway didnt win those games for Denver? No qb wins or loses games solely. Receivers have to catch, lineman have to block. So I guess Elway really didnt win those games. Please dont chane your opinion of Elway to win this debate, either. Like I said before, I am for AJ but stop trying to dicredit Jay because you dont like him.

How about....once the Defense starts fearing Fiedler and planning for him like the opposition did with Elway we'll have this discussion ok? Your comparing a caretaker to an elite NFL QB.

Hell, by your own admission Elway still didn't win those games! The WR's had to catch, the linemen had to block (I'll quit listing the fundamentals of football because it's a waste of time) Of COURSE no one here believes that a single man on the field ever won an entire football game by himself. Saying a player "won" the game means that player put up a stellar performance and was the obvious shining point in that game. Jay was NOT the obvious shining point of our team in that game! EXCELLENT defensive play was the reason that game was won. In spite of Jay's piss poor performance through 3 quarters, they held the game close! He had a 43.4 fricking QB rating! He turned the ball over as many times as he scored! Had the DEFENSE not done THEIR job Jay would have only broken EVEN for that game! lol, i can't believe your comparing Feidler's play to Elway's, it's just bogus.

Phinzone said:
. Jay was NOT the obvious shining point of our team in that game! EXCELLENT defensive play was the reason that game was won. In spite of Jay's piss poor performance through 3 quarters, they held the game close! He had a 43.4 fricking QB rating! He turned the ball over as many times as he scored! Had the DEFENSE not done THEIR job Jay would have only broken EVEN for that game! lol, i can't believe your comparing Feidler's play to Elway's, it's just bogus.

Hold on buddy. Nobody on offense had a good game and Jay was the only one to score a Td for us in that game. And I believe, I could be wrong, but I believe Fiedler had the better all around game of any offensive player that game. For pete sake the man had to throw it to Dedric Ward to convert a 4th and 3. Its not like this guy is surrounded by pro bowlers and a offensive line, give the man a break!

DolFinatic718 said:
Football is a team sport and Fiedler did not win the Raiders game all by his lonesome it was a team effort and he made the winning play. I am glad to see that out of all the games I archived the Raiders game was the most talked about, because I believe that game showed all the qaulities a Qb must possess. Despite his 2 Int's Jay still had enough confidence to drive us down the field and score that Td. Also, even though he threw 2 int's he also scored our only 2 Td's of the game. lets not forget that.

And I think everyone on this board is willing to admit, that if he played like he did in that 4th quarter 100% of the time, or how he played in that cowboys game, then he would be a fine QB.

But as it is, he gives us a single quarter of good play in that game, preceeds it with an over all piss poor performance in that game, and follows it up with a 1 TD, 4 turnover game against St. Louis. IN fact, it wasn't until 8 games later that he had a game where he made more scores than turnovers! He threw for 3 TD's in Buffalo, and didn't turn the ball over once. BEFORE that game, the threw 3 INT's and fumbled twice!

The guy is on and off. Mostly off, he'll give us a few on games per year, but consistently he's on the fence at best. You can't cling to a paultry few games and call him our legitimate QB, and say that he deserves to lead our team. The truth is, he's a mediocre QB at best who shows short flashes of beign able to do that job. In 4 years he's had more than enough time to find his groove and do what has to be done. He hasn't done it, so it's time to move on.

Phinzone said:
And I think everyone on this board is willing to admit, that if he played like he did in that 4th quarter 100% of the time, or how he played in that cowboys game, then he would be a fine QB.

But as it is, he gives us a single quarter of good play in that game, preceeds it with an over all piss poor performance in that game, and follows it up with a 1 TD, 4 turnover game against St. Louis. IN fact, it wasn't until 8 games later that he had a game where he made more scores than turnovers! He threw for 3 TD's in Buffalo, and didn't turn the ball over once. BEFORE that game, the threw 3 INT's and fumbled twice!

The guy is on and off. Mostly off, he'll give us a few on games per year, but consistently he's on the fence at best. You can't cling to a paultry few games and call him our legitimate QB, and say that he deserves to lead our team. The truth is, he's a mediocre QB at best who shows short flashes of beign able to do that job. In 4 years he's had more than enough time to find his groove and do what has to be done. He hasn't done it, so it's time to move on.

I'll respect your opinion as long as you respect mines. Because the way you feel about Fiedler is not fact but pure opinion.

Phinzone said:

Exactly, and its certainly not just ones opinion that Jay has been inconsistent and mediocre, it is borne out by his stats and ranking among fellow passers.

Its not like Jay is in his mid 20's and still developing as a young prospect, he's on the other side of thirty and has had over 50 games as a starting QB to show enough to warrant his contract(highest cap number on the offense)and his starting.....he hasn't been good enough.

Wow...I can't believe I read this whole thread! There's been some quality crap posted here. I've got a different scenario for you 718. If Ricky runs for 200yds and 3 TD's and in the fourth quarter with a minute left Jay leads us to a game winning drive while having thrown a couple of pics and compiling an indecent 40something QB rating you would go as far as to say Jay won the game for us?:confused:

Muck said:
Sorry man, but he's just not very accurate. Every week we see him severely underthrow Chambers deep. We see receivers reaching back on short passes. And there just isn't a lot of mustard on the ball. It'd be one thing if he made up for it with accuracy. But he doesn't.

The Chambers injury during the Denver game was his fault. He threw that ball up there and got his WR killed. Did the same thing to Ricky in last year's Jet game. Good thing Ricky already had two kids, because the Jet defender got him right in the midsection.

He had some really good games in his four years here. But most of them should have been BETTER had he made some passes he should have made. His tenure has been mired with inconsistency. And he doesn't even throw a pretty spiral anymore (that thumb injury did it for him).

Look, I love the guy's heart and tenacity. I love the team-first attitude. But there's a reason why the Phins have been trying to replace him since 2001.

The only thing better than an opinion I totally agree with is when a Mod talks **** while saying the opinion I agree with. Kick a$$!

Back
Top Bottom