Fiedler Sucks "We win in SPITE of him, not BECAUSE of him, there's a HUGE difference" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler Sucks "We win in SPITE of him, not BECAUSE of him, there's a HUGE difference"

Why cant we have a QB whom everyone drools over? Damn the Fiedler's of the world. Average, inadequate fools who throw 18 TDs and 18 INTs in a season. I want to see 35 TDs for a Dolphin QB, will I even be alive when that day comes? I mean i AM 23 and all :fire:

enigmatics said:
Excellent research man..........excellent. Just ignore the stupid one line replies like "He still sucks" ............you proved your point and it's something all level headed fans have known. But when people form an unhealthy hatred for a man they've never met in their lives, there's no stopping them.

I'm personally excited to see Fiedler play behind a cohesive, athletic line.

Yeah he "proved" a lot. :lol:

All you have to do is watch how defenses gameplan against this team to see how respected Jay Fiedler is. You and Fiedlerfanatic can sing Jays praises all you want and tell us how great he is but it dosen't mean shchzit!

NFL defensive personel aren't scared one bit to face Jay Fiedler.
Defenses have been loading up against the run and playing pass friendly defense ever since Jay Fiedler got here 4 years ago. 4 years have gone by and Jay has NEVER shown ANY consistent ability to make a defense pay for blatantly selling out against the run. You say he's pro bowl and the defensive coordinators we face give him every opportunity to burn them because they know the odds are VERY GOOD that he'll never do it.
I would say that you'd be a fool to think Fiedler is a top tier QB when NFL coaches obviously think otherwise.

There is no argument here.

I have said it before this time I will shout it.

HE WAS GIVEN PERMISSION TO SEEK A TRADE AND NOBODY ELSE WANTED HIM

That tells you all you need to know.

pigskinguy said:

:roflmao:

Actually some teams did want him......
on one condition.....

That he realized he'd be a backup and only a backup.

I'm in the middle of watching tape on Feeley and I've got to say I'm excited about him. He ran the Philly games really well when he took over, lots of spunk and not that many young mistakes for his being, well, young.

I know this is a stretch, but it reminds me of how Tom Brady performed when he took over for Drew Bledsoe. I mean, people pointed to his numbers and stuff and said that he wasn't doing that well the team was just barely squeaking by, but they just kept doing it. Brady made young mistakes, he needed to be protected, he had to have a good running game to take the pressure off.

Lets see how Feeley does for us. I just hope Miami fans embrace him the way Philly fans did, because if they don't I believe it will make a difference.

pigskinguy said:

Prove it.

Really. Prove that no team wanted him. Also remember that no one traded for Kurt Warner, Kerry Collins, Mark Brunell, or Jeff Garcia either.

All were known to be available. NO TAKERS. Why? Because everyone figured they would be cut and be available for free. The only difference is that Miami decided to keep Fiedler rather than cut him.

Your argument does not wash. Period.

Gladsadmad said:
No, I don't "realize" that this is a poor argument. We win in spite of Jay's INT's because he doesn't counter that with a thing called touchdowns. Have ya heard of those? Brett Favre has..he has 346 in those 193 games. Do the math, that's more than 1 td per game. Meanwhile, Jay has 59 td's in 58 games as a Dolphin.

Is that a poor argument?

Farve's TDs are what make him an elite QB. Nobody is claiming JF is elite. JF is avg. That means that his stats are avg. He throws a better than avg. # of ints and he throws a worse than avg. # of TDs. The affect he has on the team winning or losing is avg. That means he helps win some and he helps lose some. This is a far cry from the all wins are in spite of him that you're claiming.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Prove it.

Really. Prove that no team wanted him. Also remember that no one traded for Kurt Warner, Kerry Collins, Mark Brunell, or Jeff Garcia either.

All were known to be available. NO TAKERS. Why? Because everyone figured they would be cut and be available for free. The only difference is that Miami decided to keep Fiedler rather than cut him.

Well he is still here.
None of those players took pay cuts to stay where they were because they knew they could go elsewhere. Feidler took a pay cut to be Feeley backup because it was his only option. Do you honestly believe he would stay here if he knew he could play somewhere else.

BTW Finfan, I guess you agreeing with me was short lived, eh? :lol:

pigskinguy said:
Well he is still here.
None of those players took pay cuts to stay where they were because they knew they could go elsewhere. Feidler took a pay cut to be Feeley backup because it was his only option. Do you honestly believe he would stay here if he knew he could play somewhere else.

Since he was never cut, you don't know. There were certainly reports that Norv wanted him in Oakland and that Parcells wanted him as a starter in Dallas.

Of course, JF would stay here. At best, JF would have competed for the start anywhere he went. Here he had the advantage of knowing the offense.

pigskinguy said:
Well he is still here.

None of the others were even given the option to stay with their old team, so we can never know if they would have made the same choice as Fiedler.

I find it curious that the fact that Fiedler's team asked him to stay and compete hurts his value in your eyes and the fact that the other QB's teams just dumped them, increases their value in your eyes. Curious indeed.

Although none of the others took pay cuts to stay, they probably all (except Brunell) took pay cuts to go to a new team.

I believe Fiedler felt that this was his best option to start. Neither you or I know if it was his only option.

BTW, we never agreed, we just agreed to disagree in a civil manner :tongue:

FinfanInBuffalo said:
None of the others were even given the option to stay with their old team, so we can never know if they would have made the same choice as Fiedler.

I find it curious that the fact that Fiedler's team asked him to stay and compete hurts his value in your eyes and the fact that the other QB's teams just dumped them, increases their value in your eyes. Curious indeed.

Although none of the others took pay cuts to stay, they probably all (except Brunell) took pay cuts to go to a new team.

I believe Fiedler felt that this was his best option to start. Neither you or I know if it was his only option.

BTW, we never agreed, we just agreed to disagree in a civil manner :tongue:

Well that's more than we can say for others around here. :D

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Prove it.

Don't tell him that though....... the logic in here from some people is absolutely ridiculous........they'll try and tell you 2+2=5

Back
Top Bottom