Finheaven's QB Rankings? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finheaven's QB Rankings?

The third-most passing yards in the history of the game.

What? No correlation? No regression analysis? No insistence that YPA is the only stat that counts?

Great, then we can agree that Tannehill is the 10th best QB this year.

The third-most passing yards in the history of the game.

Actually the argument is even more compelling than that for Marino. Under his rules et he retired with every meaningful individual state in the game. Had we not been so good for so long we might have had the Draft picks to build a running game and defense, but Sula and staff were so fantastic we routinely played above our ability and weren't good enough in those other phases of the game to win the Super Bowl.

Marino's greatness showed up with records for TD's, 4th quarter comebacks, yardage, and all of the other important stats of the time. IMHO he was the greatest ever.

People just look at the stat line or the W/L result. People were really down on the QB after the Ravens game and I said afterward that I had no idea why... I thought he played a pretty good game and was really keeping us in that one despite no running game, terrible pass protection, and an outrageous number of drops at critical moments. And Caleb Sturgis being a pile of ****.

It's why people thought Robert Griffin was the best thing ever last year, even though he has serious deficiencies as a quarterback. I see people saying "Yeah, he's not the same if he's not as athletic." Well no ****, he isn't a good drop-back passer in a pro offense. You force him to do that and he's a marginal football player.

I keep thinking about that Ravens game. RT goes for 300 and a TD with no TO's but 6 drops, 6 sacks, and 20 yards rushing. Yet, we only lose by a late FG. Tuff to take, especially now.

What? No correlation? No regression analysis? No insistence that YPA is the only stat that counts?

Great, then we can agree that Tannehill is the 10th best QB this year.
Sure thing. 10th wouldn't be significantly different from where I have him pegged. :)

That puts him AHEAD of all the other young QBs. So why the heck do you keep arguing against that? WTF?
I'm not sure I'm arguing against that as much as you think. I'd take Tannehill over RGIII, Weeden, and Bradford, and even over Eli Manning and Joe Flacco, who have won Super Bowls, including the other veterans I would exclude because of age.

I'm not sure I'm arguing against that as much as you think. I'd take Tannehill over RGIII, Weeden, and Bradford, and even over Eli Manning and Joe Flacco, who have won Super Bowls, including the other veterans I would exclude because of age.

Well he has more passing yards than Luck, Wilson, Newton, Kaepernick, and Romo too. Why don't you take a break from Tannehill and start a few hundred threads about how average those guys are?

Now you can backtrack....

Well he has more passing yards than Luck, Wilson, Newton, Kaepernick, and Romo too. Why don't you take a break from Tannehill and start a few hundred threads about how average those guys are?

Now you can backtrack....
What exactly do you hear me saying about passing yards?

Apparently for you this is not a conversation, but a competition. The "pissing contest" variety, that is.

I'll pass. You win. ;)

Typical passive aggressive response. Stir the pot (20 or 30 times by the count of other posters) then respond "Who me?" It has never been a conversation for you. but a mission to convince all that will listen that you have concluded with great effort to a statistical certainty that Tannehill is average. You're so convinced that you must educate the ignorant masses on this message board that you must start several threads a week on the topic as well as inject it into as many other threads as possible. You certainly cannot pretend that I am the only one with that impression. So please, spare me.

As to the "competition", there never even would have been a conversation without your constant evangelizing. Another thread went 21 pages with you chiding posters time after time that their "opinions" need to be supported by cold, hard, objective statistics and pass off your "analysis" and irrefutable. When finally presented with several sources that contradict your claims that YPA is solely a measure of QB performance, you respond with the statement "Good question, but when we have such a strong correlation between YPA and the consensus perceptions of quarterbacks' individual ability". When challenged about presenting your opinions as facts, you respond - "I apologize if that was the impression I conveyed. These are only my opinions. "

WTF? 21 pages on that thread and likely hundreds of pages on other threads and you were simply giving an opinion?

If you presented your opinion like this:

"The offense, with him at the lead, has been middle of the pack in terms of efficiency and below average in consistency and explosiveness. I realize the OL and the running game have been very poor at times and only decent at other times but I still put the emphasis on the QB. "

The "conversation" would have ended hundreds of pages ago.

"The offense, with him at the lead, has been middle of the pack in terms of efficiency and below average in consistency and explosiveness. I realize the OL and the running game have been very poor at times and only decent at other times but I still put the emphasis on the QB. "

Really? I thought that's what I'd been saying all along! :lol: ;)

Typical passive aggressive response. Stir the pot (20 or 30 times by the count of other posters) then respond "Who me?" It has never been a conversation for you. but a mission to convince all that will listen that you have concluded with great effort to a statistical certainty that Tannehill is average. You're so convinced that you must educate the ignorant masses on this message board that you must start several threads a week on the topic as well as inject it into as many other threads as possible. You certainly cannot pretend that I am the only one with that impression. So please, spare me.

As to the "competition", there never even would have been a conversation without your constant evangelizing. Another thread went 21 pages with you chiding posters time after time that their "opinions" need to be supported by cold, hard, objective statistics and pass off your "analysis" and irrefutable. When finally presented with several sources that contradict your claims that YPA is solely a measure of QB performance, you respond with the statement "Good question, but when we have such a strong correlation between YPA and the consensus perceptions of quarterbacks' individual ability". When challenged about presenting your opinions as facts, you respond - "I apologize if that was the impression I conveyed. These are only my opinions. "

WTF? 21 pages on that thread and likely hundreds of pages on other threads and you were simply giving an opinion?

As long as you and others keep engaging him he will continue. He likes the attention. That's about it.

colin kaepernick...i thought awsi was better than that

:bobdole:

when san fran goes to seattle in the postseason and they shut down the run and he throws for 75 yards cause he's a one read qb just remember i warned ya

ha ha...backing a crutch qb over his ypa...priceless

What a bold prediction. It's so hard to imagine a QB struggling in the most hostile environment that also fields the top defense. Most QB's would flourish given those circumstances

Back
Top Bottom