Fins are offering KC the 54th pick for Albert | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins are offering KC the 54th pick for Albert

I'd be willing to give KC our #42 pick for Albert and their #101. That's the first pick on day 3 after teams have had all night to assess their boards and see which players have slipped. We can either get a second- or third-round caliber player with that pick, or trade it to another team for their 2014 third.

isnt he franchised and that means it requires a certain pick?

No. Albert was a unrestricted free agent. I think you are thinking of restricted free agents who are tendered at a certain level.

I'd be willing to give KC our #42 pick for Albert and their #101. That's the first pick on day 3 after teams have had all night to assess their boards and see which players have slipped. We can either get a second- or third-round caliber player with that pick, or trade it to another team for their 2014 third.

Teams should be prepared enough that the break in action shouldn't make a huge difference. You should know who is slipping, etc. If you're looking to trade the pick, that's where the extra time would obviously help.

You can probably get Winston and Clabo for the contract Albert wants and you get to keep your 2nd round pick!

Albert is a former #1 who is only rated the 25th best tackle in the NFL. I really hope his best years are ahead of him. I guess our FO feels that they can get better out of him than he has shown so far. Lot's of penalties and sacks givin up early on in his career. He did well in 2012 so I hope he's acending. If the trade happens we should grab Austin or Eifert at #12. After that BPA but I wouldn't wait too long before getting another runningback.

Need to be patient with this. I think KC is in the tight spot.

hayden fox, if we trade for albert do you select cooper if he's there? albert-cooper-pouncey-cogs-martin looks to be elite on paper.

If this goes through we are most certainly trading down in rd 1 to get more picks. Ireland has prob already talked to Minn, SF, and/or Atl and has some idea of what he can do next Thursday.

Vonte for Albert and the same number of 1st and 2nd rd picks in a draft where there is little parity between 15 and 60.... Fine.

NO NO, if we are going to start playing that game it would be Vontae and JAKE for Albert. If we are going to pay 9 mil we could have just spent it on Jake and kept the pick.

Thats a sweet looking line on paper..But folks would go absolutely nuts around here....

hayden fox, if we trade for albert do you select cooper if he's there? albert-cooper-pouncey-cogs-martin looks to be elite on paper.

Yet under your plan you have no plan for a LT

My plan has us developing our draft picks and in house players, not trading up or trading for other peoples players. I don't think we need to be or will be Superbowl contenders in 2013 so let young guys develop.
My suggestion is for the desperate fan who has to get a plug and play OL now.

Per Path to the draft.
At the right price that would be a great trade. I just saw it on TV so I don't have a link.

Maybe you could have worded it ...the Phins are REPORTEDLY offering their 54th pick...you make it sound like there is a definite offer on the table.

to be honest i could see the fins making this move and then moving back in the first round to pick up another teams second rounder right back. The only person worth the pick in my opinion is Milliner if he falls. We could trade back with a team like the vikes or falcons or 49ers and grab their second rounder and still draft the Notre dame TE or Trufant in the mid to late first round

I'm sold on this and hope it happens. You cannot guarantee a 2nd round draft pick will come in and start for us, with Albert we guarantee that we have a starter in a position of need. Take Eifert 1st and Banks 2nd. Sitting great going into next year...

Back
Top Bottom