Fins are offering KC the 54th pick for Albert | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins are offering KC the 54th pick for Albert

I'm down with Albert. Trade that pick and then move up for a corner or take a guy like Austin. This offense with Austin or either of the TEs and its game over.

ha ha...so much for andy reid telling the media yesterday miami was not talking to albert...what a bunch of hc bs...

anyways i'm solid with pick #54 for albert...it's obvious miami doesn't want to go with jonathon martin over there if they don't have to and you can't have a scrub watching your qbs backside...now just make the contract be a solid not special one cause he's not a special left tackle ie don't pay him top 5 tackle money and consider your tackle need filled...

b/t miami can wait as long as they want into the draft day 1 or whatever but there's ZERO chance any of those top 3 tackles gets to them at pick #12 so might as well consumate this...and go about finding impact talents at pick #12 #42 #77 and #82

one more thing i will tell you guys...if miami doesn't get it's corner at least with pick #12 they better take it at #42 cause the run on the position is gonna come late round 1 and early round 2...do not sleep on the position...

either #12 or #42...

i got targets that i know miami has shown significant interest in with every pick in the first 3 rounds save pick #56 now which is only a matter of time before it's traded for albert...once we agree to terms on the contract this things done...wrap it up

I would offer them a 3rd rounder and nothing more. No other team will offer anything higher imo. Tell them they can have our second 3rd round selection

Couldn't we wait til the draft and see who's on the board at 54 before we make the trade?

This is surprising.

Miami did NOT have a physical set up, nor was his medical history even IN Miami, when all that stuff was being reported 2-3 days ago.

Guys, this is a contingency plan deal. It looks like Ireland has several trades roughed out to move up to various spots to get a LT. If one of the 3 LT's make it to 3 there's a low ball offer. If that isn't accepted. And it makes it to 4, another low ball offer to Philly. After that, if one falls to 6, I suspect we have a decent offer readied with Cleveland to trade up to 6. If those all fail, then this deal for Albert is Ireland's contingency plan.

If we draft Eifert and Swope I'll be ecstatic. While I've long said we should have paid the money and resigned Jake Long, that's water under the bridge now, so if Albertsons is the deal, so be it. Now just secure a dangerous red zone TE and a dynamic slot receiver for Tannehill and let's get this offense humming.

I would offer them a 3rd rounder and nothing more. No other team will offer anything higher imo. Tell them they can have our second 3rd round selection

I said the same thing earlier. Give them the pick the Bears sent for Marshall. Still leaves two 2s and the Dolphins 3rd.

I don't mind giving up the pick. The contract is what concerns me. Long wanted to leave and while the Dolphins offered him a good contract, I don't think they're too broken up over him not staying. I would look to trade back unless someone unexpectedly falls, but I would be targeting a pick next year as the main compensation.

Dolphins would still have a 1st in say the mid to late 20s, #42, #77, and #82. Four of the top 82 picks to address needs and gain a pick in what in my opinion is a better draft next year.

Guys, this is a contingency plan deal. It looks like Ireland has several trades roughed out to move up to various spots to get a LT. If one of the 3 LT's make it to 3 there's a low ball offer. If that isn't accepted. And it makes it to 4, another low ball offer to Philly. After that, if one falls to 6, I suspect we have a decent offer readied with Cleveland to trade up to 6. If those all fail, then this deal for Albert is Ireland's contingency plan.

If we draft Eifert and Swope I'll be ecstatic. While I've long said we should have paid the money and resigned Jake Long, that's water under the bridge now, so if Albertsons is the deal, so be it. Now just secure a dangerous red zone TE and a dynamic slot receiver for Tannehill and let's get this offense humming.

if this off-sesason is about making Tannehill better, the best way to do that would be to add Albert, Eifert, and Swope

i'm not sure i go along with the contingency thing here...looks to me like yeah miami would like to get one of the tackles in the draft but realizes that they have to get into the top 6 worst case to make it happen thus they are going to plan b...sure they can wait and see what happens but none of those tackles is getting past pick #7 and so if you don't want to pay the price to go up there and get one of em and i'd be shocked if the price wasn't pick #12 and pick #54 at least the next option that makes the most sense from a draft pick aspect is to trade for albert for pick #54...there's a whole lot more risk in the late 2nd round and 2nd round period on these developmental tackles and in this draft class more likely guys that are not plug and play even in that round than albert...there is more upside maybe with a terron armstead but a LOT more risk...and there's a lot of talk that he even will not get to pick #42...

seems more like a smart play to me than a contingency...they see the writing on the walls with the top 3 tackles in the draft class and have moved on to another solid option for a pretty fair price draft pick compensation wise...bottom line is if you're not willing to pay the price to get to at least pick #6 you are missing out on these tackles...and you may well see the last one go at pick #5...

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm pretty sure KC is gonna want this done before they pick or the deal will be off the table, for obvious reasons.

I'm pretty sure KC is gonna want this done before they pick or the deal will be off the table, for obvious reasons.

What are those obvious reasons? K.C. is taking a tackle, regardless of whether or not Albert is traded by draft day.

As long as we shore up the corner and tight end positions in the draft I would make the move for Albert

one more thing i will tell you guys...if miami doesn't get it's corner at least with pick #12 they better take it at #42 cause the run on the position is gonna come late round 1 and early round 2...do not sleep on the position...

either #12 or #42...

i got targets that i know miami has shown significant interest in with every pick in the first 3 rounds save pick #56 now which is only a matter of time before it's traded for albert...once we agree to terms on the contract this things done...wrap it up

Hoops I agree with you on both posts. Albert for 54th and a Beatty like contract, 7 mil/yr. I'm happy with it. I think we might be one of the teams either trading back at first trying to get another 2nd or 3rd and then making a trade back up to the end of the 1st. Grab 2 players we like plus still have a 2nd. I not sure I want us to do this but if somehow we trade back and get say Trufant and EFiert or Carradine and Trufant/Hayden and then in the 2nd grab another corner, I think I'd be pretty happy with the draft right from the start.

Back
Top Bottom