Fins Negotiating Extension for McDonald | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins Negotiating Extension for McDonald

i think this is a good move. the guy would solidify the saftey position. wish he could get his suspension reduced. But Mcdonald and jones back there, ppl will definitely be keeping their heads on a swivel

I don't know that I've ever heard of a suspended player getting an extension this soon after being initially signed. Makes one wonder why they didn't just do this in the first place ... probably would've been cheaper.

Probably thinking too much into this, but being that McDonald is a SS, maybe they've seen Jones look oddly bad in the preseason and are using this as a low cost motivational ploy for him to earn that nice extension.

Either way, McDonald is good so as long as he can keep his head on straight and the contract is cheap, I'm cool with it.

Why don't we wait and see how he pans out first or give that money to someone who can contribute to team right now like TJ Ward if released.
Exactly. Tannenbaum and these ridiculously premature extensions smh....

I'm ok with this. He can be a great player for us and he's loving it in Miami and has stayed out of trouble. I imagine him and Jones back there. When was the last time we had two pro bowl caliber players playing safety for us at the same time?

Ozzy rules!!

Awesome...another Tannenbaum overpaid contract coming with way too much guaranteed money...to a guy that hasn't proven jack in a Dolphins uniform no less.

Awesome...another Tannenbaum overpaid contract coming with way too much guaranteed money...to a guy that hasn't proven jack in a Dolphins uniform no less.

Lol right, who's next Carroo?

Probably take over once he's finished with the suspension. Nate Allen will probably go to 3rd safety role to cover only.

Wouldn't bash this without seeing the #s was hoping the next extension we would give is Landry but doubtful with his case.

I'm confused as to why this would be beneficial.

I'd rather draft James and not worry about SS playing FS.

Probably take over once he's finished with the suspension. Nate Allen will probably go to 3rd safety role to cover only.

Wouldn't bash this without seeing the #s was hoping the next extension we would give is Landry but doubtful with his case.

You think it's wise to roll out two strong safeties in Jones and McDonald?

Allen may not jump off the page but he has better range than both of them and that trait is sorely needed for anyone playing free safety.

You think it's wise to roll out two strong safeties in Jones and McDonald?

Allen may not jump off the page but he has better range than both of them and that trait is sorely needed for anyone playing free safety.
Exactly.

Just signed Reshad Jones to a big contract to play SS, which he's really good at, no need to sign another SS long term.

Back
Top Bottom