Fins Select CB Cordrea Tankersley at Pick #97 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins Select CB Cordrea Tankersley at Pick #97

I don't make any claim to be an expert at reading film, but he sure seems to grab and hold a lot. You get way with that in college, in the NFL you need much better technique.

You must not of watched the phins much last year.

Well if some random on the internet says so.......:rolleyes2:

only people's opinions who count are those with fancy titles, jeff ireland thanks you for keeping him employed........ very intelligent...

This pick may help some in the future but it really doesn't move the needle any next season. With the big holes at OG and S I am not sure why you would draft a guy to be your 5th CB. He might help in the future but Miami is in desperate need at some positions and the options will be much more limited in the 5th round to solve them. With no OG and Pouncey always being hurt I think we will see Tannehill picking himself up off the turf a lot this year.

This pick may help some in the future but it really doesn't move the needle any next season. With the big holes at OG and S I am not sure why you would draft a guy to be your 5th CB. He might help in the future but Miami is in desperate need at some positions and the options will be much more limited in the 5th round to solve them. With no OG and Pouncey always being hurt I think we will see Tannehill picking himself up off the turf a lot this year.

Both of our starting corners missed time with injuries last year. Adding depth at corner is a need this year.

I prefer Jourdan Lewis but the Cowboys got him, Danny/Ozzy & several people knew we were targeting Cordrea Tankersley. I think he is a solid pick and hopefully doesn't have a rocky start like Lippett. Dan Feeney and Jordan Willis could have been ours with a trade down in the first.

Mayock said "most underwhelming CB on my board" something along those lines....ffs...thats not good.

You need to listen more carefully. Mayock said "I think he's the least interested defensive back in this entire draft in supporting the run."

He led off by saying "Tankersley is a height-weight speed guy. If you draw up a corner, this is the guy. He can run fast, he's a press corner. 2-yr ball production."

In summary, he questioned his effort and skills in run support, not his coverage skills.

I don't make any claim to be an expert at reading film, but he sure seems to grab and hold a lot. You get way with that in college, in the NFL you need much better technique.

Hell, he will fit right in if he commits costly penalties. Our players have been doing that for a few years now. He'd be welcome with open arms if he assists our team in getting double digits in penalties every week.

An expected pick. When Awuzie was taken off the board, I figured Tankersley was next on the list for the Fins. He fits the secondary prototype they are wanting in this defense.

-He is strong in man coverage.
-He can play press/jam the line/aggressive.
-Tall and good weight
-He produces turnovers.
-Self motivated.

Well if some random on the internet says so.......:rolleyes2:

Well this is a discussion forum, no? At least i'm willing to put evaluations and opinions out there and stick behind them. No offense, but I don't see you putting much out there. If you're going to respond in such a manner on someone else's post, even it was an overly combative and emotional response in the moment, at least come at it with more than sarcasm.

As i said, i just don't like Tankersly as a prospect. It's a gut feeling i get at times with some prospects. He has measureables, ball skills and speed, but to me he plays high, panics far too often and grabs, and has shown to get beat deep even with his 4.4 speed. Plus, he offers nothing against the run. I think he's going to struggle with savvy NFL WRs. Now that he's a Phin, i hope i'm dead wrong. I'm not sure how he helps right now and in my eyes, this team is on a 2 year plan with so many contracts expiring or able to be bought out with minimal dead money. We have an older roster, so i'm seeing other guys on the board with great value at other need positions, guys i have rated higher at their position than i have Tankersly at his. Guys i can see playing significant time this year.

Lots of options at LG. Picking BPA is better than targeting need on a reach. This kid is talented.

Now both networks were more positive than negative, but that's not even close to what Mayock said
Mayock said "I think he's the least interested DefensiveBack in this entire draft in supporting the run"

so not exactly "along those lines".
Lord knows ther's enough misinformation and nonsense in these threads, if someone wants to hate the pick do so with a legitimate argument, I don't want people hating him because of something Mayock didn't even say.

Oh. J-Off said in his thread he thought he was a faster Byron Maxwell. I'm starting to see the full depth of that comparison.

Back
Top Bottom