Fins trade for Robert Quinn - 4th round pick and swap of 6ths | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins trade for Robert Quinn - 4th round pick and swap of 6ths

No trade is a sure thing but you have to let the Landry thing go. It's not needed in every thread.

I did not bring it up. Someone noted that he is worth the money over Landry.

Its subjective at best and with our FA history . . . Doubtful.

But carryon, this is about Quinn.

In spite of the injuries to Robert Quinn he still got 8 1/2 sacks in 2017 while playing out of position as an outside linebacker missing many games impressive to me.

I mean he was essentially playing the Demarcus Ware role in a Wade Phillips defense.

He wasn’t actually put in a bad spot. Wake played some 3-4 OLB and looked damn good at one point.

He is a better fit to play in the 4-3 as a DE for sure but its not like he was playing 4-3 OLB.

you crack me up with your Landry love, the only down side of this is we may have the most expensive defensive line in NFL history, they better produce

I was excited about the trade until you mentioned this and than like a movie flashback i remembered when we signed Suh and all the excitement it brought to combine him with Wake and Vernon. I remember Miami sports radio trying to come up with nicknames for our devastating DL. God I hope this works out. I don't think he'll ever be elite 19 sack guy again but i''ll take 8.5 to 12 sack guy.

I was excited about the trade until you mentioned this and than like a movie flashback i remembered when we signed Suh and all the excitement it brought to combine him with Wake and Vernon. I remember Miami sports radio trying to come up with nicknames for our devastating DL. God I hope this works out. I don't think he'll ever be elite 19 sack guy again but i''ll take 8.5 to 12 sack guy.
we can call them the disappointments.The bummer for me is this means no Davenport at 11. It will either be the wide receiver out of Alabama or a QB.

So before we get too excited I just looked at this guys sack totals. Last 3 years don’t look “great”. If this is to replace Wake I think we will be disappointed. If the idea is to keep Wake and add Quinn to the mix (perhaps Wake takes a pay cut to stay and we restructure Quinn?) then I like it more.

I mean he was essentially playing the Demarcus Ware role in a Wade Phillips defense.

He wasn’t actually put in a bad spot. Wake played some 3-4 OLB and looked damn good at one point.

He is a better fit to play in the 4-3 as a DE for sure but its not like he was playing 4-3 OLB.
Either way, still a good trade for Miami. If he’s underwhelming in 2018, he’s essentially gone. If he plays well he’s here again in 2019. Quinn seems to be a better DE in a 4-3 than an OLB on a 4-3. Inspite being useful in a 3-4 Defense in LA as a LB.

There's your starting ends -- Quinn and Harris.

I'd restructure or cut Wake now. And Branch gets cut next year, thankfully.

DE was a need. Need eliminated.

I'd restructure Wake cutting his 2018 hit and adding him for 2019 if he is open to it. Then we cut Branch after this year helping to pay for Wake for 2019. You need 3 top DEs in this league IMHO, and 4 solid ones. Wake's getting old but I think he can still hang in aas a 3rd DE in the shape he stays.

Rams almost made it to the Superbowl….Landry would be a nice piece fro them (I wouldn't give up two 1st rounders though)….especially since they are shipping Tavon out to the wilderness...

I'd restructure Wake cutting his 2018 hit and adding him for 2019 if he is open to it. Then we cut Branch after this year helping to pay for Wake for 2019. You need 3 top DEs in this league IMHO, and 4 solid ones. Wake's getting old but I think he can still hang in aas a 3rd DE in the shape he stays.
I agree with this 100%. 2019 is the big year Miami will have huge cap space. I’m with you extending Wake into 2019.

Either way, still a good trade for Miami. If he’s underwhelming in 2018, he’s essentially gone. If he plays well he’s here again in 2019. Quinn seems to be a better DE in a 4-3 than an OLB on a 4-3. Inspite being useful in a 3-4 Defense in LA as a LB.

Losing the 110th pick (i think) for a failed, expensive, one year rental would be typical of this team.

Miami needs to draft well. Losing that pick puts a hole in that plan so Quinn needs to shine for it to be worth it.

Holy crap we got a pretty good player and didn't trade an arm and a leg for him.

Back
Top Bottom