Fins vs Bucs vs Jags. A detailed (and I mean DETAILED) comparison. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins vs Bucs vs Jags. A detailed (and I mean DETAILED) comparison.

bakedmatt said:
This is too silly.

You might as well have ranked the "heart" or the "hunger" between the 3 teams.

Besides, the ability of a Quarterback is worth 10x more than the ability of a Strong Safety. But not according to this list. Furthermore you spread out difference between the safety positions but not the LB positions, or even the OL in terms of run blocking or pass blocking, etc. Inefficient grading system in so many ways.

All true points.

NawlinsBucFan said:
Well, certainly FH is going to report that Fin players are looking good. Just as Jax sites will report positively on Taylor's off season conditioning. TBO reports that Derek Watson is looking impressive. That's just natural. I'm looking at what they have done in games, not camp.
Well if you ever read the Miami Herald or Sun-Sentinel, or knew the story of the Buffalo game a few years back, you'd know that the Dolphins beat writers aren't happy unless the Dolphins are doing something to embarrass themselves. So for THEM to mention how well Morris looks is something pretty significant.

bakedmatt said:
This is too silly.

Besides, the ability of a Quarterback is worth 10x more than the ability of a Strong Safety. But not according to this list. Furthermore you spread out difference between the safety positions but not the LB positions, or even the OL in terms of run blocking or pass blocking, etc. Inefficient grading system in so many ways.
Lets see you make a better one then.

NawlinsBucFan said:
I saw there was some debate about which Florida team was the best, so I decided to break each team down position by position and score them based on what each player has accomplished thus far in their careers and a realistic projection of the future. Scores will be based on production, upside and depth. Teams will receive a 1 for being the best at that position of the three, 2 for being second, 3 for being third. The team with the lowest final score can lay claim to being the best of Florida’s NFL teams (on paper, anyway).

QB:
1- Fins
2- Jags
3- Bucs
Daunte runs away with this one. Leftwich is one of my favorite guys to watch because of his toughness. Simms has all the tools to be a pro-bowl QB, but the competition here is tough.

RB:
1- Jags
2- Bucs
3- Fins
I know all the Fin fans who think Ronnie Brown is the second coming of either Jim Brown or Jesus are going to stop reading right here to tell me how I’ve lost all credibility, and hurl every insult they can think of my way. But as I said, I’m not just giving points for potential. The Bucs and Jags FAR surpass the Fins in depth at RB. There is no one who can be a legit starter behind Ronnie.

agreed

1- Bucs
2- Jags
3- Fins
The Bucs combo of Alstott/Sowell is easily the best FB tandem of the three. The Fins FBs are not as productive as the Jags’ Greg Jones alone, despite the addition of Fred Beasley AND despite listing RB Sammy Morris as a FB.

are you serious? i watch every bucs game cause of my area, and Alstott is downright horrible at blocking. Beasley is the best blocker out of the bunch by far. 1 for the dolphins here hands down...

1- Fins
2- Bucs
3- Jags
The Dolphins WR Chris Chambers is the deal sealer here. In the 2-4 slots, the Fins and Bucs are very close in terms of talent, but Chambers is solidly ahead of Galloway. The Jags no longer have anyone close to Chambers and Galloway in terms of experience and production but Matt Jones could be there soon.

TE:
1- Fins
2- Bucs
3- Jags
Again, the Fins take this one fairly easily. McMichaels was either underachieving or underutilized last year, but is still the best of the bunch. The Jags top 2 TEs were out gained by Bucs rookie Alex Smith by 90 yards. Smith is also the second best blocker behind the Jags’ Kyle Brady.

OL:
1- Fins
2- Bucs
3- Jags
This is tough to measure. The Jags finished with the fewest team rushing yards (subtracting QB scrambles) and allowed the second most sacks, but nearly got every QB that played for them KILLED. By contrast, the Fins allowed the fewest sacks and hold a slight edge in rushing, as a team, on the Bucs, who allowed the most sacks by far but did the most to improve their squad.

DE:
1- Fins
2- Bucs
3- Jags
This was painful to type. Simeon Rice is a shade better than Jason Taylor (blasphemy, I know), but the Fins depth at the position with Carter, Bowens and Roth tops even the work horse Spires and star in the making, Dewayne White. The Jags are a distant third.

agreed with the rankings. but rice better than taylor? :sidelol: the same guy that cant defend agaisnt the run to save his life? ya......

1- Jags
2- Fins
3- Bucs
If anyone thinks Traylor and Holliday are on par with Stroud and Henderson, you should get your head examined. Hovan is solid, but Anthony McFarlane is possibly the worst starting DT in the league.

gezzus. i think its the extact opposite. Hovan decent at times, and down right horrible at other times. an booger disrupts so many plays it aint even funny. i dont know what your watchin there seriously...:confused:

1- Bucs
2- Jags
3- Fins
Finally, the Bucs cruise on one. The Bucs have the #1, #3 LBs on the board in Brooks, Quarles. Z Thomas gets the nod over Peterson, but Channing Crowder is a slight downgrade from Daryl Smith.

CB:
1- Bucs
2- Jags
3- Fins
Barber and Kelly remain one of the leagues best CB tandems combining for 9 picks and 28 passes defensed in 2005. After years of dominance with Madison and Surtain, CB isn’t exactly a strength for the Fins at the moment, but there is a ton of potential in Allen.

FS:
1- Fins
2- Jags
3- Bucs
See? Even when I think the Bucs have the most talented player at the position (Will Allen), I have to recognize that he is the least experienced of the three. Schulters and Grant are close in talent if not in pure stats, but back-up Bell gives the Fins the edge.

we dont have shulters. jason allen will be the likely starter. 1. jags 2. fins for me.

1- Bucs
2- Fins
3- Jags
I know there are some who will argue this but for my money, Phillips is the most consistent of the three in coverage and run support.

i like philips. But i take Darius by far out of this group. 1 jags 2 bucs for me.

1- Bucs
2- Fins
3- Jags
What? Orlindo Mare ranked below Matt Bryant? Must be some homer stuff at work here right? Well not exactly. Mare this season missed 5 FGs out of his 30 attempts, good for 83 %. Braynt missed only 4 FGs and squeaks out at 84%. Also, Bucs punter Josh Bidwell is slightly better than youngster Donnie Jones.

i like bidwell, but Mare>>>Braynt. Jags punter is the best of the group IMO.

Final score:
Bucs- 25
Fins- 26
Jags- 33

I honestly think that a Dolphins-Buccaneers Super Bowl is VERY possible in the next two years. I know you all want to think that the Bucs suck and the Fins are the best team in the league. I know some of you think the Fins should have a 14 and the Bucs a 42, but I think they really are as close as I’ve scored them, and I will not be the least bit surprised if (when) they both make deep playoff runs.

Ok, for those who haven’t already stopped reading to rip me apart, feel free to do so now. :tongue:

here inlies the problem. a 1-2-3 system by whose better just doesnt add up right. as in the Dolphins QB should be 1, and the bucs QB should get a 5 in comparison.

NawlinsBucFan said:
SS:
1- Bucs
2- Fins
3- Jags
I know there are some who will argue this but for my money, Phillips is the most consistent of the three in coverage and run support.

Consistently what? Injured?

Naturally, you'd pump up things that can't be added up in this category, but when it comes to K/P, THAT's when you defer to the statistics. Jermaine Phillips hasn't done you any favors in the evidence column here.

Regardless of the numbers - unless Donovan Darius drops dead, he's still the best SS in the state.

bakedmatt said:
This is too silly.

:yeahthat:

I think you were off just a bit with the coaching. You should have scored it on a complete coaching staff. In which our OL coach is the best in the bussiness. Ask the Cowboys and Emmitt Smith. He has 3 rings. The rest of it was a fair summary that will change after this year. I think Ronnie Brown is going to have a great year. I also don't think Alstott is what everybody says he is.

bakedmatt said:
This is too silly.

you know whats silly? people who dont take this for what its worth.

all he did was compare people in different positions and give his analysis and what not...none of this is concrete fact nor did the guy ever claim that because of his rating, that ____ are a better team.

all he did was break it down to categories, sure some positions are more important than others, BUT THATS NOT THE POINT. you guys need to relax.

people on this site frustrate me sometimes =/

Great job and excellent analysis. I think I would have to give the edge to the Fin coaching staff though

I disagree on some points but a great write up. Fairly in depth analasys and it does not overly reek of homerism.

Back
Top Bottom