Football -vs- Soccer discussion | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Football -vs- Soccer discussion

TotoreMexico said:
I love both Football and Soccer(Futbol)
of course you can love another sport I was just saying that since everybody here is on a NFL site and not a soccer site that they most likely love football more than soccer or any other sport for that matter

nick1 said:
most people on this board agree with me, this is finheaven.com not a soccer site. we are here because we love football

And most people on the world would agree with us that Soccer is better :wink:

Board = a few thousand people

World = Millions and millions

:D

ckb2001 said:
Or the guys in the UFC and PRIDE :D

Ever watch rugby or Gaelic football!!!:eek: Now those guys are real tough!!!!

Gaelic football blew my mind, its like football, like soccer, and like hockey! Those guys just beat the you know what out of each other!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Ever watch rugby or Gaelic football!!!:eek: Now those guys are real tough!!!!

Gaelic football blew my mind, its like football, like soccer, and like hockey! Those guys just beat the you know what out of each other!

Haven't had a chance to, though foxsports does show some rugby. Never heard of Gaelic football. I guess I'll look that up.

Ah, here's a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaelic_football

They say the level of tackling in Gaelic football is less than in rugby. NJFINSFAN1.. still the level of toughness seems greater in Gaelic football than in rugby? (not arguing.. just asking since I've never seen the former and only seen the latter for about 10 minutes).

ckb2001 said:
Haven't had a chance to, though foxsports does show some rugby. Never heard of Gaelic football. I guess I'll look that up.

We were in this old Irish bar after my daughters softball game for lunch, and they had this huge screen with about 30 older guys (Irish and English) and this Gaelic football came on, I was like wow! I could not take my eyes off the screen, it was brutal and fun to watch along with the old gents in the bar screaming and fighting for the their teams. A ton of fun.

ckb2001 said:
Ah, here's a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaelic_football

They say the level of tackling in Gaelic football is less than in rugby. NJFINSFAN1.. still the level of toughness seems greater in Gaelic football than in rugby? (not arguing.. just asking since I've never seen the former and only seen the latter for about 10 minutes).

The few games I saw, they were just killing each other. Rugby to me seems more like a wrestling mach, while Gaelic football was more open and exciting. Gaelic seems tougher to me, but you really don't see what goes on under a Rugby pile.

I'm no expert on them, maybe Boomer would be better to find out from?

nick1 said:
most people on this board agree with me, this is finheaven.com not a soccer site. we are here because we love football

And most people on finheaven.com will agree that if you want to talk about other sports like soccer you go to the other sports forum. I dont know what the hell you are trying prove with your post. Your just reaching for something to put down soccer.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
The few games I saw, they were just killing each other. Rugby to me seems more like a wrestling mach, while Gaelic football was more open and exciting. Gaelic seems tougher to me, but you really don't see what goes on under a Rugby pile.

I'm no expert on them, maybe Boomer would be better to find out from?

Hehe, if we don't watch out, this thread will turn into a soccer vs football vs hockey vs rugby vs Gaelic footall thread :lol: Yeah, anyone who has info on the stuff I'd like to hear from.

clear.gif

Gaelic Football is played on a pitch approximately 137m long and 82m wide. The goalposts are the same shape as on a rugby pitch, with the crossbar lower than a rugby one and slightly higher than a soccer one.

The ball used in Gaelic Football is round, slightly smaller than a soccer ball. It can be carried in the hand for a distance of four steps and can be kicked or "hand-passed", a striking motion with the hand or fist. After every four steps the ball must be either bounced or "solo-ed", an action of dropping the ball onto the foot and kicking it back into the hand. You may not bounce the ball twice in a row. To score, you put the ball over the crossbar by foot or hand / fist for one point or under the crossbar and into the net by foot or the hand / fist in certain circumstances for a goal, the latter being the equivalent of three points.

Each team consists of fifteen players, lining out as follows: One goalkeeper, three fullbacks, three halfbacks, two midfielders, three half-forwards and three full-forwards. The actual line out on the playing field is as follows:

Goalkeeper

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Right corner-back[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Full-back[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Left corner-back[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Right half-back[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Centre half-back[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Left half-back[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Midfielder[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Midfielder [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Right half-forward[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Centre half-forward[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Left half-forward[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Right corner-forward[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Full-forward[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Left corner-forward[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Players wear a jersey with their team colours and number on the back. Both teams must have different colour jerseys. The goalkeepers' jerseys must not be similar to the jersey of any other player. Referees normally tog out in black jerseys, socks and togs.

Goalkeepers may not be physically challenged whilst inside their own small parallelogram, but players may harass them into playing a bad pass, or block an attempted pass.

In some states teams are allowed a maximum of five substitutes in a game, however many states now use an interchange system. Players may switch positions on the field of play as much as they wish but this is usually on the instructions of team officials.

Officials for a game comprise of a referee, two linesmen (to indicate when the ball leaves the field of play at the side and to mark '45'' free kicks and 4 umpires (to signal scores, assist the referee in controlling the games, and to assist linesmen in positioning '45' frees).

A goal is signalled by raising a green flag, placed to the left of the goal. A point is signalled by raising a white flag, placed to the right of goal. A '45' is signalled by the umpire raising his/her outside arm. A 'square ball', when a player scores having arrived in the 'square' prior to receiving the ball, is signalled by pointing at the small parallelogram
[/FONT]

Amars said:
And most people on finheaven.com will agree that if you want to talk about other sports like soccer you go to the other sports forum. I dont know what the hell you are trying prove with your post. Your just reaching for something to put down soccer.

:yes:

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Gaelic Football is played on a pitch approximately 137m long and 82m wide. The goalposts are the same shape as on a rugby pitch, with the crossbar lower than a rugby one and slightly higher than a soccer one.

The ball used in Gaelic Football is round, slightly smaller than a soccer ball. It can be carried in the hand for a distance of four steps and can be kicked or "hand-passed", a striking motion with the hand or fist. After every four steps the ball must be either bounced or "solo-ed", an action of dropping the ball onto the foot and kicking it back into the hand. You may not bounce the ball twice in a row. To score, you put the ball over the crossbar by foot or hand / fist for one point or under the crossbar and into the net by foot or the hand / fist in certain circumstances for a goal, the latter being the equivalent of three points.

Each team consists of fifteen players, lining out as follows: One goalkeeper, three fullbacks, three halfbacks, two midfielders, three half-forwards and three full-forwards. The actual line out on the playing field is as follows:

Goalkeeper

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Right corner-back[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Full-back[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Left corner-back[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Right half-back[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Centre half-back[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Left half-back[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Midfielder[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Midfielder [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Right half-forward[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Centre half-forward[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Left half-forward[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Right corner-forward[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Full-forward[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Left corner-forward[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Players wear a jersey with their team colours and number on the back. Both teams must have different colour jerseys. The goalkeepers' jerseys must not be similar to the jersey of any other player. Referees normally tog out in black jerseys, socks and togs.

Goalkeepers may not be physically challenged whilst inside their own small parallelogram, but players may harass them into playing a bad pass, or block an attempted pass.

In some states teams are allowed a maximum of five substitutes in a game, however many states now use an interchange system. Players may switch positions on the field of play as much as they wish but this is usually on the instructions of team officials.

Officials for a game comprise of a referee, two linesmen (to indicate when the ball leaves the field of play at the side and to mark '45'' free kicks and 4 umpires (to signal scores, assist the referee in controlling the games, and to assist linesmen in positioning '45' frees).

A goal is signalled by raising a green flag, placed to the left of the goal. A point is signalled by raising a white flag, placed to the right of goal. A '45' is signalled by the umpire raising his/her outside arm. A 'square ball', when a player scores having arrived in the 'square' prior to receiving the ball, is signalled by pointing at the small parallelogram
[/FONT]

You know of any networks that carry it here?

ckb2001 said:
You know of any networks that carry it here?

I have the sports package (which is something I have had for years) on Directv, so I get the sports channels from all over the country, I catch it on that once in a while, and ESPN 2 had it on that day I saw it in the bar.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I have the sports package (which is something I have had for years) on Directv, so I get the sports channels from all over the country, I catch it on that once in a while, and ESPN 2 had it on that day I saw it in the bar.

K! Thanks.. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Back
Top Bottom