Football -vs- Soccer discussion | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Football -vs- Soccer discussion

Doakle said:
Going off topic I know, but the point is each sport is different, and its not really about some imaginary ultimate toughness award.
Excellent point

Amars said:
I played both also and you cant compare these 2 sport base on the bump and bruises. More like how hard is it to win. Its alot harder in soccer to score then football. Football is just marketed well here. The reason many are oppose to Soccer is because there is no commercial, which = no $$$. So people tend to not like what they are not use to.

they market football here becuase every body likes peolpe just dont like a sport because it gets more market time

Amars said:
Apples and Oranges. You hardly see Zach or Jason sprint 30-40yds constantly. You try to do that with a groin injury.

hitting somone is harder then running 40 yards

FatFootball-1.jpg

Tell this guy to sprint constantly during a game. Im pretty sure he rather try to hit and tackle someone a handful of times then run for 90 min with only one break.

wow you found one fat guy ... football is harder then soccer end of story

shanem8481 said:
wow you found one fat guy ... football is harder then soccer end of story

How is that ? There's no 3 and out in soccer. You're in for a FULL 90 minutes, if not your fitness or play is lacking. There's no taking timeouts when things aren't going your way. There's no playing on one side of the ball in soccer, you've got to play both, stop and go, constant change of direction. There's no jumping in the pile or getting recognized because your fat arse takes 2 players and your middle linebacker is free to roam. There's no getting paid to attempt 50 yard kicks. There's no coming back next year and doing it again. Most players will be lucky to play in 1 or 2 WC's in their careers. You have to make the most out of it. While the world and your country is watching your every step.

I love football, but I think saying football is harder than soccer is pretty short-sighted. Football might be a more brutal and at times exciting sport but in terms of spontaneity, creativeness, and popularity, soccer is unmatched.

Pink_Dove said:
How is that ? There's no 3 and out in soccer. You're in for a FULL 90 minutes, if not your fitness or play is lacking. There's no taking timeouts when things aren't going your way. There's no playing on one side of the ball in soccer, you've got to play both, stop and go, constant change of direction. There's no jumping in the pile or getting recognized because your fat arse takes 2 players and your middle linebacker is free to roam. There's no getting paid to attempt 50 yard kicks. There's no coming back next year and doing it again. Most players will be lucky to play in 1 or 2 WC's in their careers. You have to make the most out of it. While the world and your country is watching your every step.

I love football, but I think saying football is harder than soccer is pretty short-sighted. Football might be a more brutal and at times exciting sport but in terms of spontaneity, creativeness, and popularity, soccer is unmatched.

Great post man!:clap:

nick1 said:
you said that Soccer players are tougher because they come back and play with injuries and I was just showing you that football players play with far worst injuries. you said that injuries are more serious in soccer, how's that? try throwing a ball with a broken finger when thats your job

Try reading the post first would ya???

I said soccer players are tougher then people think!

Man you need to read before going off the deep end. I never said soccer players are tougher!:shakeno:

There are more head injurys, more concusions and more leg injurys in soccer, you don't have to believe it, but its a fact!

Prime Time said:
I don't agree with that. Soccer is better then football, the true Football IMO. But that is just me...
most people on this board agree with me, this is finheaven.com not a soccer site. we are here because we love football

And if we want to talk about the toughest, I would say its Hockey players hands down.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
And if we want to talk about the toughest, I would say its Hockey players hands down.
I don't like hockey, not taking anything away from the sport but it sucks in my opinion

nick1 said:
most people on this board agree with me, this is finheaven.com not a soccer site. we are here because we love football

I love both Football and Soccer(Futbol)

NJFINSFAN1 said:

Or the guys in the UFC and PRIDE :D

Back
Top Bottom