Football -vs- Soccer discussion | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Football -vs- Soccer discussion

Straztheman said:
NO I PLAYED BOTH SPORTS AND AM STILL PLAYING THEM AS A FRESHMAN IN HIGH SCHOOL AND TO SAY THAT FOOTBALL IS EISIER THAN SOCCOR YOU HAVE NEVER PLAYED REAL FOOTBALL! YOU RUN ALL THE TIME IN FOOTBALL PRACTICE AND THEIR IS NO HITTING WELL THEIR IS BUT VERY LITTLE. MAN YOU OBIOUSLY DONT PLAY THOSE SPORTS!

I played both also and you cant compare these 2 sport base on the bump and bruises. More like how hard is it to win. Its alot harder in soccer to score then football. Football is just marketed well here. The reason many are oppose to Soccer is because there is no commercial, which = no $$$. So people tend to not like what they are not use to.

There are more serious injurys in soccer then football. And you need to be in much better shape to play soccer over all. I coach both on a travel level.

While comparing the sports is like comparing an apple with a fish. Soccer players need to be in overall better shape.

I like football 10 million times better, but I'm just being truthful!

And I have a son that played Freshman soccer this year (a Goalie) This kids run non stop all game! No rest between plays. And its tougher then and more physical then most think.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
There are more serious injurys in soccer then football. And you need to be in much better shape to play soccer over all. I coach both on a travel level.

While comparing the sports is like comparing an apple with a fish. Soccer players need to be in overall better shape.

I like football 10 million times better, but I'm just being truthful!

And I have a son that played Freshman soccer this year (a Goalie) This kids run non stop all game! No rest between plays. And its tougher then and more physical then most think.

This is just my perspective on the very little soccer that I have watched. The mentality of professional soccer players is totally different from the mentality of professional football players. A guy tweaks his groin in soccer and they bring out a stretcher, Tony Parrish breaks his leg and walks off the field. I have nothing against soccer but I think part of the reason that Americans don't like soccer is that we're not very good at it and if the players are good for the American soccer team to get better they can't be playing in the MLS. They need to play overseas, so it's kinda a catch 22, for soccer to be more marketable having a premier player would definately help but for the American soccer team to get better the premier players would have to be overseas and that gives us very little exposure to them.

djfresh47 said:
This is just my perspective on the very little soccer that I have watched. The mentality of professional soccer players is totally different from the mentality of professional football players. A guy tweaks his groin in soccer and they bring out a stretcher, Tony Parrish breaks his leg and walks off the field. I have nothing against soccer but I think part of the reason that Americans don't like soccer is that we're not very good at it and if the players are good for the American soccer team to get better they can't be playing in the MLS. They need to play overseas, so it's kinda a catch 22, for soccer to be more marketable having a premier player would definately help but for the American soccer team to get better the premier players would have to be overseas and that gives us very little exposure to them.

I agree and disagree with what you say.

A: I agree with the part about having to play overseas and not in the MLS, but those players I believe can still play for the USA in the world Cup?

B: Soccer players play hurt more then you know, And I have seen football players walk off or been carted off more then once with something that looks like nothing and never come back in the game and then play agian next week.

Again, I love football 1000 times better then soccer, but it's not as easy as most think.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I agree and disagree with what you say.

A: I agree with the part about having to play overseas and not in the MLS, but those players I believe can still play for the USA in the world Cup?

B: Soccer players play hurt more then you know, And I have seen football players walk off or been carted off more then once with something that looks like nothing and never come back in the game and then play agian next week.

Again, I love football 1000 times better then soccer, but it's not as easy as most think.
your dead wrong football players play with broken bones, bruises, concussions, etc. your a fellow Dolphin fan you should know, Zach Thomas always plays dispite having bruises. Jason Taylor always has an injury to his groin and still plays

nick1 said:
your dead wrong football players play with broken bones, bruises, concussions, etc. your a fellow Dolphin fan you should know, Zach Thomas always plays dispite having bruises. Jason Taylor always has an injury to his groin and still plays

Apples and Oranges. You hardly see Zach or Jason sprint 30-40yds constantly. You try to do that with a groin injury.

nick1 said:

where did I say football players don't play hurt????

I said I have seen my share of football players carted off with nothing like one poster said about soccer players.

shanem8481 said:
soccer people dont relize taking or giving a hit is like running 100 yard sprint

Real funny but you're making fun of the wrong guy. On my high school ball team I'm the starting middle linebacker and wide reciver. And I think you know nothing on being able to deliver a blow none the less

Amars said:
I played both also and you cant compare these 2 sport base on the bump and bruises. More like how hard is it to win. Its alot harder in soccer to score then football. Football is just marketed well here. The reason many are oppose to Soccer is because there is no commercial, which = no $$$. So people tend to not like what they are not use to.

So your saying its easy to win in football. Yeah right.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
where did I say football players don't play hurt????

I said I have seen my share of football players carted off with nothing like one poster said about soccer players.
you said that Soccer players are tougher because they come back and play with injuries and I was just showing you that football players play with far worst injuries. you said that injuries are more serious in soccer, how's that? try throwing a ball with a broken finger when thats your job

Dumb comparison in general.

I mean they should only be compared in preference . . that is all. Other than that they have no similarites.

I played both football and soccer (Soccer when I was younger, football in high school). I used to love soccer practice, didn't effect me at all, from 7-13 I played soccer, was fun. But man when I got into high school football, that was the worst thing. Those 2 a days were sickening, and I don't even wanna go to the 3 a days we rarely would have. IMO football practice is much harder than soccer practice. With that being said, u have to be in much better shape to play soccer and I was much lighter in youth soccer than high school football . . matter fact part of the reason why I didn't play high school soccer was because there was no way I could do all the constant running anymore . . hell no.

Injury wise, I mean its silly to say soccer injuries are worse, I don't think so. The serious injuries in soccer are stictly leg injuries (from toes/ankles to thigh/hamstring). Football injuries cover everything. Similar catch is that, u are more likely to play thru an injury in football than a leg injury in soccer, so its more vital to be healthy in soccer because u use them more. Doesn't mean football players are tougher because they play thru injuries, if they had to run up and down the field 45 minutes straight, trust me, they wouldn't be able to play with that injury.

Overall these 2 sports are completely different, and impossible to compare. Which sport I like more, probably football, but I'm sure that would change if soccer (club matches) were shown here more often.

Soccer crowds kill football crowds tho. I went to a match in Cologne when I was in Germany in 2000, and it was crazy man, the only time I was in a stadium more electric was Game 7 of the 97 series with the Marlins, but for good reason, this was a regular soccer match, and these fans were nuts man, its just unbelievable.

Kdawg954 said:
Dumb comparison in general.

I mean they should only be compared in preference . . that is all. Other than that they have no similarites.

I played both football and soccer (Soccer when I was younger, football in high school). I used to love soccer practice, didn't effect me at all, from 7-13 I played soccer, was fun. But man when I got into high school football, that was the worst thing. Those 2 a days were sickening, and I don't even wanna go to the 3 a days we rarely would have. IMO football practice is much harder than soccer practice. With that being said, u have to be in much better shape to play soccer and I was much lighter in youth soccer than high school football . . matter fact part of the reason why I didn't play high school soccer was because there was no way I could do all the constant running anymore . . hell no.

Injury wise, I mean its silly to say soccer injuries are worse, I don't think so. The serious injuries in soccer are stictly leg injuries (from toes/ankles to thigh/hamstring). Football injuries cover everything. Similar catch is that, u are more likely to play thru an injury in football than a leg injury in soccer, so its more vital to be healthy in soccer because u use them more. Doesn't mean football players are tougher because they play thru injuries, if they had to run up and down the field 45 minutes straight, trust me, they wouldn't be able to play with that injury.

Overall these 2 sports are completely different, and impossible to compare. Which sport I like more, probably football, but I'm sure that would change if soccer (club matches) were shown here more often.

Exactly, the comparison is useless, I thought this thread was about wich sport was more popular but then people started with the comparisons

Straztheman said:
So your saying its easy to win in football. Yeah right.

I said its harder to score. How many 0-3 or 0-7 games do you see in football. Hardley ever. The games in football are more like 14, 10 ,21 points. How many 0-1 games do you see in soccer. Always. If they score 3 goal that equivalent to a 40pt game in football. So to score a goal in soccer is not as easy as scoring in points in football.

Back
Top Bottom