Football -vs- Soccer discussion | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Football -vs- Soccer discussion

Rocky Raccoon said:
wait a minute...there are no timeouts of stopage of play during soccer games?

Nope.

If the US used thier best athelets and they play soccer we would dominate. Imagine having Dieon Sanders, TO, Kobe, Dwade, M.Harrison playing soccer. If they used thier athletic skill in soccer We would dominate the soccer world. Unfortuantly its not the case. IMO we will get some superstar on the level of Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, T. Henry on the US squad it's just a matter of time

Best athletes do not mean anything. I could see a lot of the African teams are probably some of the most athletic teams in this WC, but that doesn't make them great.

Prime Time said:
Best athletes do not mean anything. I could see a lot of the African teams are probably some of the most athletic teams in this WC, but that doesn't make them great.

True but if they had the $$$ some of these top team spend on training and development of players that might be different.

Amars said:
Nope.

If the US used thier best athelets and they play soccer we would dominate. Imagine having Dieon Sanders, TO, Kobe, Dwade, M.Harrison playing soccer. If they used thier athletic skill in soccer We would dominate the soccer world. Unfortuantly its not the case. IMO we will get some superstar on the level of Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, T. Henry on the US squad it's just a matter of time

yup

Amars said:
Nope.

Nonsense.

It's not about the best athletes. If it was about the best athletes, Justin Gatlin and Asafa Powell would be the world's greatest footballers.

America just isn't particularly good at it.

Boomer said:
Nonsense.

It's not about the best athletes. If it was about the best athletes, Justin Gatlin and Asafa Powell would be the world's greatest footballers.

yet... though they seem to have hit a wall in their development this WC. They will be really really good. It is just a matter of making them move out of this country at younger ages... Say, Adu should not be playing in DC United, he should be somewhere else. And I don't care what Donovan says he should be in Leverkusen, winning his spot instead of being a star in a mediocre to bad leage like MLS.

But now that Arena will be removed after this WC, they can bring in someone that will make things more interesting fro them, and I can tell you, they will be very very good.

Boomer said:
Nonsense.

America isnt good at it becuse no body plays here you dont see many kids playing soccer in the streets here if soccer was our number one sport im pretty sure we would dominate

shanem8481 said:
America isnt good at it becuse no body plays here you dont see many kids playing soccer in the streets here if soccer was our number one sport im pretty sure we would dominate

exactly. Its not the trinity of sports here in the US. Basketball, Football, and Baseball is what kids play here. Unlike the rest of the world thier main sport is soccer. So hence thier best athletes are most likely playing that sports. Would you say that any of the US soccer players are one of the top atheletes in the US? They wont rank anywhere near the athletes I mentioned in the above post.

Roman529 said:
Soccer practice is much harder than football....for the most part you are running most of the time, unlike football where you are doing blocking drills and running plays, followed by a whistle and a huddle.
Can you see Manny Wright on a soccer field. :sidelol:

NO I PLAYED BOTH SPORTS AND AM STILL PLAYING THEM AS A FRESHMAN IN HIGH SCHOOL AND TO SAY THAT FOOTBALL IS EISIER THAN SOCCOR YOU HAVE NEVER PLAYED REAL FOOTBALL! YOU RUN ALL THE TIME IN FOOTBALL PRACTICE AND THEIR IS NO HITTING WELL THEIR IS BUT VERY LITTLE. MAN YOU OBIOUSLY DONT PLAY THOSE SPORTS!

Straztheman said:
NO I PLAYED BOTH SPORTS AND AM STILL PLAYING THEM AS A FRESHMAN IN HIGH SCHOOL AND TO SAY THAT FOOTBALL IS EISIER THAN SOCCOR YOU HAVE NEVER PLAYED REAL FOOTBALL! YOU RUN ALL THE TIME IN FOOTBALL PRACTICE AND THEIR IS NO HITTING WELL THEIR IS BUT VERY LITTLE. MAN YOU OBIOUSLY DONT PLAY THOSE SPORTS!

YOU OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T LEARN WHERE THE CAPS BUTTON IS IN EITHER SPORT :D

Straztheman said:

soccer people dont relize taking or giving a hit is like running 100 yard sprint

Quelonio said:
yet... though they seem to have hit a wall in their development this WC. They will be really really good. It is just a matter of making them move out of this country at younger ages... Say, Adu should not be playing in DC United, he should be somewhere else. And I don't care what Donovan says he should be in Leverkusen, winning his spot instead of being a star in a mediocre to bad leage like MLS.

But now that Arena will be removed after this WC, they can bring in someone that will make things more interesting fro them, and I can tell you, they will be very very good.

And this is really what it all boils down to. I agree completely. If the US needs to be good without a real soccer culture, they need their good players abroad as fast as humanly possible.

ckb2001 said:
Thing is, we've for a long time had a large youth soccer population. It's the transition to the pro level that hasn't been there. This result isn't going to help.

And why?

Because the money is not there.

But it is in Europe

But the soccer on the boys side really started about ten years ago (The Boom!) It takes time.

Back
Top Bottom