Football -vs- Soccer discussion | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Football -vs- Soccer discussion

Amars said:
I said its harder to score. How many 0-3 or 0-7 games do you see in football. Hardley ever. The games in football are more like 14, 10 ,21 points. How many 0-1 games do you see in soccer. Always. If they score 3 goal that equivalent to a 40pt game in football. So to score a goal in soccer is not as easy as scoring in points in football.

:yes:

is this even a debate? Nobody cares about soccer in this Country and football is our Nat'l pastime. To make a fair comparison you should try soccer vs. the WNBA or maybe lawn darts?:lol:

shanem8481 said:
America isnt good at it becuse no body plays here you dont see many kids playing soccer in the streets here if soccer was our number one sport im pretty sure we would dominate

I think you'd be in for a shock.

nyjunc said:
is this even a debate? Nobody cares about soccer in this Country and football is our Nat'l pastime. To make a fair comparison you should try soccer vs. the WNBA or maybe lawn darts?:lol:

And then compare Gridiron to how the rest of the world views it and it's about as relevant as swingball.

Boomer said:
And then compare Gridiron to how the rest of the world views it and it's about as relevant as swingball.

No offense but I don't care what folks in Europe or So. America enjoy, I care about what we have here and here we have the NFL, MLB, NBA and other sports which in my opinion blow away soccer as far as entertainment goes. I am very thankful I don't live in a soccer loving Country.

I said its harder to score. How many 0-3 or 0-7 games do you see in football. Hardley ever. The games in football are more like 14, 10 ,21 points. How many 0-1 games do you see in soccer. Always. If they score 3 goal that equivalent to a 40pt game in football. So to score a goal in soccer is not as easy as scoring in points in football.

That's why I hate the game, the game is played mostly in the middle 3rd of the field w/ very few real tough shots on goal and once a team scores the game is practically over. I would probbaly like it a bit if they had more shots on goal and more of the action was by the goal and not at midfield.

nyjunc said:
No offense but I don't care what folks in Europe or So. America enjoy, I care about what we have here and here we have the NFL, MLB, NBA and other sports which in my opinion blow away soccer as far as entertainment goes. I am very thankful I don't live in a soccer loving Country.

Well enjoy living in the minority.

And swingball's on ESPN 2 in a minute, so don't miss it. I think it's the World Series.

Involving just America.

In terms of how physically demanding the sports are, i'd say both Football and Soccer are actually a distant second and third to Rugby (either type). Rugby has all the contact and strength work of football (without padding) and adds in a minimum of around 6 miles of running per game. You could also argue that in terms of overall athletic ability and skills required that hockey (on ice) comes out ahead too.

Going off topic I know, but the point is each sport is different, and its not really about some imaginary ultimate toughness award.

Also whilst i'm at it, the World Cup has little to do with the actual sport anyway, its about national competition and the fans. As such how good the game is doesnt really matter, its just about nations competing and coming out on top. Trying to dismiss its importance by arguing the sport itself is stupid, is kind of irrelevant: the world cares, and the joy your country can experience from winning it is there for the taking, stupid game or not.

everyone here agrees that football is better than soccer case closed, if only the rest of the world knew about football

nick1 said:
everyone here agrees that football is better than soccer case closed, if only the rest of the world knew about football

Yes.

Course they do.

nick1 said:
sure they get contact but no where near the same magnitude, no way you can argue that a soccer player is stronger than a football player. unless you have a soccer player get body slammed to the ground by a 300 pound dude and that player hangs on to the ball and gets up right away, you can't argue that

FatFootball-1.jpg

nick1 said:

I don't agree with that. Soccer is better then football, the true Football IMO. But that is just me...

Back
Top Bottom