Football -vs- Soccer discussion | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Football -vs- Soccer discussion

shanem8481 said:
its true the sports we are bad are sports nobody cares about hear if we used our best althleats in soccer the world cup wouldnt even be fun we would destroy

Yeah, finsmx just misinterpreted what you said. He thought that is what YOU think, not the perception of others.

shanem8481 said:
its true the sports we are bad are sports nobody cares about hear if we used our best althleats in soccer the world cup wouldnt even be fun we would destroy

:rolleyes2

and you cant not tell me soccer practice is harder then football practice

shanem8481 said:

Like the recent "dream teams" in Basketball in Olympics and World Games???

The rest of the world has talent too.....lets not go overboard on USA has to be the greatest in everything or is guaranteed.....not all sports fit us regardless of the pool of talent we have to draw upon.

shanem8481 said:

Soccer practice is much harder than football....for the most part you are running most of the time, unlike football where you are doing blocking drills and running plays, followed by a whistle and a huddle.
Can you see Manny Wright on a soccer field. :sidelol:

shanem8481 said:

Well we are waiting. You actually sound like you are only ever going to compete in a game that you are going to win. Dont you like a challenge. I suppose you only like the NFL because you are not threatened by other Nations beating you!

TotoreMexico said:
Only if he reaches him:wink:
what im trying to say a football player needs more then be able to run alot there thousends of people who can run a marothon

shanem8481 said:

Buddy if your school has a serious squad go practice with them, your football 2-a-days will look like cakewalk. TRUST ME.

Football is my main sport. I would always play and pick football over any sport, but before you bash something, go try it out.

the whole thing about soccer players vs. football player just depends on what your comparing. football players are alot stronger but soccer players have more enduance and might be faster

Its hard to compare the endurance aspect of Basketball or Soccer practices...those boys are in tremendous physical shape to constantly run......with Football hitting drills and power approach.

From an athletic perspective in my book a soccer or especially basketball players out endurances any football or baseball practice easily (ok baseball is a no brainer).

But power and short burst....yeah football wins that.

Mindwarp said:
Buddy if your school has a serious squad go practice with them, your football 2-a-days will look like cakewalk. TRUST ME.

Football is my main sport. I would always play and pick football over any sport, but before you bash something, go try it out.

i i under stand you need to be in great shape to play soccer but in football not only you need to be in great running you need to be in somthing we like to call hitting shape

shanem8481 said:
what im trying to say a football player needs more then be able to run alot there thousends of people who can run a marothon

Soccer is more then running, you need to be able to dribble the ball, pass to your open man, steal the ball and move without cause a foul, and get the ball past the 6-8 guys blocking the way. all while not getting a commerical break, or time outs, or being taken out for a breather, (3 subs for game).

Seriously, try it out, YOU would be supprised.

Back
Top Bottom