Football -vs- Soccer discussion | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Football -vs- Soccer discussion

shanem8481 said:
i i under stand you need to be in great shape to play soccer but in football not only you need to be in great running you need to be in somthing we like to call hitting shape

Again why are you here trolling and de-railing the thread?

shanem8481 said:
what im trying to say a football player needs more then be able to run alot there thousends of people who can run a marothon

Dude I've played soccer my entire life, and you need to be a complete athlete physically and mentally, during a soccer game you are running all the time, it's not like football where if you play defense you rest while the offense is doing the job, you have no idea what soccer is about:shakeno:

shanem8481 said:
i i under stand you need to be in great shape to play soccer but in football not only you need to be in great running you need to be in somthing we like to call hitting shape

:lol: Not everyone in football is in "hitting shape" and Soccer players are in better "hitting" shapes then football players,

Think of it young one, You are running at FULL SPEED crash in to someone else go flying through the floor, and if there is no foul called get back up and run agian to get back in the play.

In Football, when the Linebacker hits the Running back its ussaly not at top speed, and then you get up and Walk back to the huddle where you have about 30 secs of rest till you run again,.

Mindwarp said:
Soccer is more then running, you need to be able to dribble the ball, pass to your open man, steal the ball and move without cause a foul, and get the ball past the 6-8 guys blocking the way. all while not getting a commerical break, or time outs, or being taken out for a breather, (3 subs for game).

Seriously, try it out, YOU would be supprised.
I can see soccer players being in better shape but you gotta admit somebody like Vick is faster than any soccer player. I think you must be tougher in football also, yes in soccer you get tackled but thats not the same as having a 300 pound guy taking your legs out and landing on you

TotoreMexico said:
Dude I've played soccer my entire life, and you need to be a complete athlete physically and mentally, during a soccer game you are running all the time, it's not like football where if you play defense you rest while the offense is doing the job, you have no idea what soccer is about:shakeno:

ok see your point but but in football in get brecks becuse you excert more energy in short bursts i just watched that last soccer game they werent in full sprints the entire 90 min

nick1 said:
forget soccer, Football is still the most popular sport

Where's that then? Football (the real football) is the world's most popular game.

in one half in football game you use more energy then a entire soccer game

nick1 said:
I can see soccer players being in better shape but you gotta admit somebody like Vick is faster than any soccer player. I think you must be tougher in football also, yes in soccer you get tackled but thats not the same as having a 300 pound guy taking your legs out and landing on you

There are soccer players that run like demons (Roberto Carlos for example)

Boomer said:
Where's that then? Football (the real football) is the world's most popular game.
not what I mean. In the U.S. Football is the top dog by a large margin, Nascar is No. 2, soccer isn't anywhere near the top. I know in the world yes soccer is king but not to us Americans

shanem8481 said:
its true the sports we are bad are sports nobody cares about hear if we used our best althleats in soccer the world cup wouldnt even be fun we would destroy

Are you on crack?

Football is the biggest and most popular game in the world. Your three biggest games, baseball, Gridiron and basketball are minority sports on a world scale.

Playing football isn't about having the best athletes.

TotoreMexico said:
There are soccer players that run like demons (Roberto Carlos for example)
I see your points, just my opinion that football is better

shanem8481 said:
can you see manny right hitting ronnaldinho.. he would eat him

Except he'd never get close to him.

Back
Top Bottom