Football -vs- Soccer discussion | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Football -vs- Soccer discussion

Boomer said:
Are you on crack?

Football is the biggest and most popular game in the world. Your three biggest games, baseball, Gridiron and basketball are minority sports on a world scale.

Playing football isn't about having the best athletes.
at least baseball and basketball is played by the rest of the world, football has yet to spread all over the world. I hope one day it can (I mean football not soccer)

shanem8481 said:
have you played football???

Oh my god...I cannot believe the things you are saying. You make it seem like you know nothing.

shanem8481 said:
fine then if you are going to say what about roy williams

Speed wise he could keep up..but he would get shaken out of his boots, and probably would get tired out after about 3 mins of chasing him around.

nick1 said:
I can see soccer players being in better shape but you gotta admit somebody like Vick is faster than any soccer player. I think you must be tougher in football also, yes in soccer you get tackled but thats not the same as having a 300 pound guy taking your legs out and landing on you

Vick is one person, every sport has thier fastest player. My daughter has played soccer for 7 years now and is a sprinter in track. She is always the fastest on the soccer field and that is how she gets most of her goals by out sprinting the defense. She had played softball and basketball up until last year when she picked soccer to be her main sport. She has alwyas been in better shape than her friends that played other sports, and even the boys that played other sports.

okay guys bottomline is soccer is the world's sport, you can't argue that

Prime Time said:
Speed wise he could keep up..but he would get shaken out of his boots, and probably would get tired out after about 3 mins of chasing him around.

Exactly

I played soccer and football in junior high and basketball through high school....I would say football does not require the physical endurance that soccer does, and less endurance and physical shape than basketball as well. I think soccer and wrestling were the two sports that really required you to be in great shape when I was in school. You see a lot of fat guys playing football, but you cannot be fat in soccer, wrestling, and not many fat guys playing basketball (unless you are Charles Barkley :wink: ).

we are getting off my first point ... if American used there best althleats we would destroy

Prime Time said:
a marothon runner could most likely out run him doesnt mean hes a better athleate

shanem8481 said:
we are getting off my first point ... if American used there best althleats we would destroy

No they wouldn't. People might be very tall and very fast, but they probably can't kick a soccer ball worth a damn.

touborg said:
Good, move along now so we can actually talk about things revelant to the thread.
the games over, don't get hasty with me I was just having a discussion... bottomline is the U.S. is in trouble but I think they can take Italy

Back
Top Bottom