FOX Sports - Very Positive Article | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FOX Sports - Very Positive Article

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Making the probowl shows potential???????

Potential for what? to be a good enough player to.....make the Probowl?

What the H*** kind of nonsense is that?
Potential to have the best secondary unit (in this discussion) , DUH! Looks like you're the only one who didn't get it :goof:

Justasportsfan said:
Potential to have the best secondary unit (in this discussion) , DUH! Looks like you're the only one who didn't get it :goof:

I got it fine, you just don't make any sense.

There is no way to "measure" the quality of a team's secondary other than to measure the quality of the players they have at each position in the secondary. Making the probowl is one way to measure an individual player's quality. You can't measure the secondary because there is no way to separate their performance from the rest of the defense.

Making the probowl doesn't show potential, it shows performance.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I'm happy that 10-6 is a better starting point for the following season than 6-10. I'm happy that the FO took serious steps to address OL, WR, and QB (either backup or starter) THIS year. The Bills (on the other hand) plan on fielding the same crappy offense as last year.

Spin it anyway you want, but 3-13, 8-8, and 6-10 is a pitiful performance since Tommy Boy took over. Keep building for the future Tommy.....

Bills fans will be happy with 8-8, so what's your point?

Serious steps? Hoping for a rookie to make probowl contributions, a Bench warmer in St. Clair? Getting a qb who isn't proven but has potential? Getting a wr in Boston who although has proven he can play, he's also proven to be a headcase? Sure, that's serious steps. I would have rather gone out on a limb and go for proven players. Other than James, non of those hired are sure things. Get real.

It's the same, thing all over again. No more Lucas Griese will do a splendid job at back-up, Derrius thompson was awsome and is on his way up, RW will lead the league in rushing blah,blah,blah.

Should the players you hired busts, I bet you guys are gonna start saying Wanny didn't have the talent :rolleyes:

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Making the probowl doesn't show potential, it shows performance.
It's sure does show performance he made with his prior team and not currently.

How many of the posters here were bragging that you guys had tons of probowlers on your D last year? Knight, Taylor, Seau,Surtain, etc. and what did those probowlers do for you? They were solid but not dominant when it mattered most. Having probowlers on your team does not guarantee anything. Take a look at your D.

Justasportsfan said:
Serious steps? Hoping for a rookie to make probowl contributions

Who said we need a probowl performance from a rookie?

Justasportsfan said:
a Bench warmer in St. Clair?

Uh, a bench warmer that started 16 games for a SB team that ran and threw the ball well.

Justasportsfan said:
Getting a qb who isn't proven but has potential?
Better than a QB who has proven that he is done....

Justasportsfan said:
Getting a wr in Boston who although has proven he can play, he's also proven to be a headcase?
Just as much of a head case as Terrell Owens. I don't care what he does off the field as long as he comes to play. BTW, even in an off year, he out produced EVERY ONE of the Bills receivers..... and ALL of the Fins receivers except Chambers.

Justasportsfan said:
Sure, that's serious steps. I would have rather gone out on a limb and go for proven players. Other than James, non of those hired are sure things. Get real.
Do you know of any sure things? If so, you might want to call Tommy Boy, because his performance could use some help.

Justasportsfan said:
RW will lead the league in rushing blah,blah,blah.

Uh, he DID lead the league in rushing.....

Justasportsfan said:
Should the players you hired busts, I bet you guys are gonna start saying Wanny didn't have the talent :rolleyes:

And when your teams flops, it will be the coaches fault again....

Face it 3-13, 8-8, 6-10....You need to go to another board to talk smack. Your options are few. Try the Chargers....

Justasportsfan said:
It's sure does show performance he made with his prior team and not currently.

How many of the posters here were bragging that you guys had tons of probowlers on your D last year? Knight, Taylor, Seau,Surtain, etc. and what did those probowlers do for you? They were solid but not dominant when it mattered most. Having probowlers on your team does not guarantee anything. Take a look at your D.

Thet were third in the league in points allowed. Why do you get to decide when it matters most? I've got a news flash for you ALL 16 GAMES COUNT THE SAME.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Just as much of a head case as Terrell Owens. I don't care what he does off the field as long as he comes to play. BTW, even in an off year, he out produced EVERY ONE of the Bills receivers..... and ALL of the Fins receivers except Chambers.

BTW, Boston was the 16th ranked WR in the NFL by catches and 12th WR in TDs and every WR ranked ahead of him played more games and played on teams that threw more to their WRs.

The Fins are looking for Boston to complement Chambers, not be the go to guy.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Who said we need a probowl performance from a rookie?

Uh, a bench warmer that started 16 games for a SB team that ran and threw the ball well. ....
Spin. What has he done lately?He was nothing but a bench warmer last season. Even some people say Mcintosh will be back to take the spot. This means St. Clair is nothing but a back-up. :tongue:

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Better than a QB who has proven that he is done........
haha! doesn't this apply to Boston? You can only hope that feely can be half as good as Drew was. Right now he hasn't done squat to even prove he's a legitimate starter in this league.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Just as much of a head case as Terrell Owens. I don't care what he does off the field as long as he comes to play. BTW, even in an off year, he out produced EVERY ONE of the Bills receivers..... and ALL of the Fins receivers except Chambers. ........
Boston sure didn't show up in SD games now did he? At least Owens performed better than just whine.

But hey, I will give him the benefit of a doubt that Boston can be a probowler again. I would just rather see it to believe it. Until then, he's nothing but a headcase and it's obvious that the rest of the NFL thinks so based on the fact that no one else tried to outbid the fins for his services. If you can't read between the lines , you may wanna ask someone . :lol:

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Uh, he DID lead the league in rushing.............
Not last year. Those statements were made prior to last year. All of a sudden the OL sucks. :rolleyes: I wonder why no one is making that prediction again this year especially since the fins supposedly improved their OL?

FinfanInBuffalo said:
And when your teams flops, it will be the coaches fault again....

Do you have facts? OIC. it's your opinion Rolleyes:

We shall see. The optimism on finlalaland sure took 180 degree turn compared to last year. I doubt even Marino and Carter will be picking the fins to go to the sb this year like they did last year. :goof:

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Thet were third in the league in points allowed. Why do you get to decide when it matters most? I've got a news flash for you ALL 16 GAMES COUNT THE SAME.
because people were bragging about those probowl D that you guys have and couldn't even beat the texans. Hellooo. Who cares how amny points they allowed if that probowl D couldn't dominate like the bucs did a year ago. Try keeping up will ya. :D

Justasportsfan said:
Boston sure didn't show up in SD games now did he? At least Owens performed better than just whine.

Dude, HE OUTPERFORMED ALL OF THE BILLS WRS LAST YEAR....

If he merely replicates his numbers from last year, he will be the top #2 WR in the league. You need to do a little research before you type.

Justasportsfan said:
because people were bragging about those probowl D that you guys have and couldn't even beat the texans. Hellooo. Who cares how amny points they allowed if that probowl D couldn't dominate like the bucs did a year ago. Try keeping up will ya. :D

And your stellar defense was good enough for 6 wins.

Points allowed is the only meaningful stat for defense and the Fins were ranked 3rd in that category. Get over it.

Justasportsfan said:
I doubt even Marino and Carter will be picking the fins to go to the sb this year like they did last year.

One sports writer has already picked the Fins. How many have picked the Bills?
:roflmao:

FinfanInBuffalo said:
One sports writer has already picked the Fins. How many have picked the Bills?
:roflmao:
were they right last year? :lol: goes to show you even their opinion means squat.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Dude, HE OUTPERFORMED ALL OF THE BILLS WRS LAST YEAR....:
That's means squat. Everyone outperformed a Gilbride offense. BTW, Moulds played with a groin injury almost the entire season instead of being acrybaby like Boston on the sideline. We shall see who's gonna have a better passing game this year. The truth will surely come .

There will be tons of threads to bring back should the bills beat the fins. It's gonna be a blast.

Back
Top Bottom