Gase is committing professional suicide | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase is committing professional suicide

Do you have a link about him complaining to teammates, or is this speculation. As far as Landry being on the trade block for two years, as far as I know he was informed that he wasn't on the trade block by the coaching staff. Sounds like a reporter trying to get clicks. And God I hope you don't believe drama queen Hyde.
No I don't have a link, but I did read it somewhere.

The team has definitely been contacted about Landry as a trade piece for a couple of years now, that's been reported by some reliable guys. I think the only real change is that when they were contacted in the last few days before the deadline, they actually listened with interest. Even reporters who were adamant that the team was saying "Thanks but no thanks" when contacted about Landry suddenly shifted to "The Dolphins are now taking offers."

But the fact that Ajayi got dumped at a firesale price, whereas the team (reportedly) turned down a second round pick for Landry, also tells you something. They still like him, they're just not sure it's going to work out.
Just because a team inquired about him, doesn't mean that he was on the trade block. That's just taking a shot in the dark and hoping you hit something.

I said it previously on a different thread, and as I said there I say again, I'm in the minority and I'll probably be trashed here for saying it, but I'd trade Landry. He's a very good player. But is he a game changer? I don't really think so. Yeah, he gives the team a lift etc, but does he score enough points? He doesn't, for me. He's great at what he does, but for someone who is going to want top 10 WR money, I don't think he's worth that.

Regarding Gase committing professional suicide .. why do we have to live in such a reactive world? Can't we just sit and wait and see how this plays out? Always such doom and gloom. Odds are it won't work out for Gase, being a HC is a tough job, far more fail than work, but let's support him while he's here and see what he's made of. At least he is doing it his way.

mike Wallace was paid #1 overall wr money as in top paid wr in the game and he wasn't even top 15

I think people need to understand what free agency means and rap heads around the fact that you are gonna overpay for guys who are say top 15ish even...landry does make it tough though cause he's pretty useless on the boundary in terms of a threat to a boundary cb athlete

miamis probably gonna have to pony up $12 mil per or he's gonna walk and he's very likely to find more as a free agent from a cap rich team...I could easily see 5 and 65 in his future with $40 mil guaranteed

Chicago is probably chomping at the bit

the guy plays every week and plays damn hard every week and shows up every week production wise and he's young enough where it's not hard to envision a full term return on the contract health and production wise

Last edited:
The reason I would trade him is....we are not going to pay him top 5 WR money, so trade him now......period. Why hold onto to him? are you hoping he changes his mind? It doesn't seem likely he will, at least not to me.

who says he's demanding top 5 money? more of these unnamed sources I guess

what is top 5 money for a wr anyways these days? i don't even know

who says he's demanding top 5 money? more of these unnamed sources I guess

what is top 5 money for a wr anyways these days? i don't even know
True, I guess we don't. Think I've read it a few places, but not 100% sure on that either!

upload_2017-11-3_10-51-49.png

When Ajayi misses significant time over the next few years, this trade will make more sense. Totally sucks it didn't work out, because when our offense clicks, it's fine to watch.

Let's get the line dialed in first then invest in another solid rb1

When Ajayi misses significant time over the next few years, this trade will make more sense. Totally sucks it didn't work out, because when our offense clicks, it's fine to watch.

Let's get the line dialed in first then invest in another solid rb1
Look I kindly disagree, we lucked out with a 5th round pick on a guy that played better than most first rounders. Thurman Thomas was suppose to have a history red flag coming out of college and he played a long time. Plus these draft picks are hit and miss, if not look at Drake IMO he is probably not going to work out and we used a high 3rd rounder. Plus Ajayi had another year on his rookie contract, so you go into next year with a known solution at RB, WR and QB. Now here we are holding the proverbial D in our hands hopefully that we will have a solution at RB next season. You know how many years we struggled finding a solution at running back in Miami ago in the 80s and 90s. Like 15 plus years we could not find a rushing attack or back. No 1000 yard rushers more like 500 yarders. Just junk. First kid to break the 1000 yard barrier in the past 30 years was a kid from UCLA in about 2001or 2002. We ran his legs off and went from a last place defense to a top 10 that year. We are about to repeat that process IMO. You win playoffs and superbowls with a well rounded team. We are a very cripped team right now.

I said it previously on a different thread, and as I said there I say again, I'm in the minority and I'll probably be trashed here for saying it, but I'd trade Landry. He's a very good player. But is he a game changer? I don't really think so. Yeah, he gives the team a lift etc, but does he score enough points? He doesn't, for me. He's great at what he does, but for someone who is going to want top 10 WR money, I don't think he's worth that.

Regarding Gase committing professional suicide .. why do we have to live in such a reactive world? Can't we just sit and wait and see how this plays out? Always such doom and gloom. Odds are it won't work out for Gase, being a HC is a tough job, far more fail than work, but let's support him while he's here and see what he's made of. At least he is doing it his way.
The same thing was said about Wes Welker and the Pats couldn't get their hands on him soon enough and Jarvis is better. It would take a player plus a 1st rounder for me to trade him if I were GM.

looking at that list juice is getting $12 mil per or more as a free agent all day long

hell he might get $14 mil per
Interesting. Not too many slot receivers make that kind of money. Larry Fitz doesn't even get it, and Jarvis is no Larry Fitz. I'm not saying he won't get it, he might well do elsewhere. I really don't think it should be in Miami. Like I said, not a game changer. Already have a lot of money invested in Stills, and I think they're going to want to lock up Parker too.

Too many holes elsewhere which require money also.

Just my own personal opinion.

The same thing was said about Wes Welker and the Pats couldn't get their hands on him soon enough and Jarvis is better. It would take a player plus a 1st rounder for me to trade him if I were GM.
I disagree personally that Jarvis is better than Welker. Like I said, I knew it would be an unpopular opinion. Doesn't make enough big plays to justify big money.

larry fitzgerald isn't 25 years old anymore...earning potential left wise it's not even close

dez Bryant wouldn't make Jarvis landry money on a new contract either

these players are trending down...juice's earning potential is going up

Back
Top Bottom