Gase is committing professional suicide | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase is committing professional suicide

No Ryan Tannehill to back off the 10 man boxes. Pretty easy to see.

IMO that's not the whole story at all. But I do think it's part of it. Tannehill was unfairly maligned as a bad deep ball passer early in his career (at least, in MY opinion he was unfairly maligned) but the truth is that he was very, very good at it in 2016, and defenses certainly had to account for that.

I think there are other factors, like changes on the OL, teams realizing that the key to beating Ajayi is to stay disciplined and prevent him from bouncing outside, etc. that also played a huge role in it.

I think he will have a couple of big games in Philly this season just because of how scared teams are of that passing game and how good their OL is. I don't buy the idea that Ajayi 'looked slow.' He did not look slow to me, he was just dancing more in situations where dancing was very counterproductive. He'll have more breathing room in the Philly offense and I suspect he will catch at least one or two teams by surprise and gash them for big yardage.

the qb is the whole story but it has nothing to do with the damn deep ball...the offense went from short passing game by design to more vertical under gase with tanny

and it's still the same this year to date at least...it's the qbs inability to make teams pay vs all those extra man and 10 man boxes that has put the dagger in our season

and ajayi can't block stuff is garbage...the only thing I saw him have to do was be told on protection adjust by the qb which side he should block to or which man and a lot of that had to do with crowd noise

you want to say he was selfish fine I will go along with that but consider that the guys knees mean he has to eat now so pulling him in the red zone to throw fade ints on first down should piss him off you want to say his contract status got in his head yep I will go along with that cause 5th round money for his production in 2016 is peanuts and should get his agents attention asking for a raise especially when you consider his knees likely mean he wont see even half of that 2nd contract although it needs to be said I've seen guys that as prospects were told they would never see a 2nd contract medically play well into their 3rd ones even...did he probably try to hit home runs this year yep I seen evidence of that on tape but after 4 or 5 damn games with nothing but 10 man boxes CAUSE NO ONE RESPECTS THE QB AS A DC I'm sure it did get to him that in order for me to gain yards and get that money I have to try and do it all myself.

and if anyone should have gotten the message it's Kenyan drake cause if that cat doesn't follow the blocking play call his ass will be shipped out next too...

marshawn lynch in his prime in seattle was a selfish pain in the ass too and hell he got paid and didn't even wait 2 years to start crying about his contract but he still punished the opposition physically and gave dcs fits and dictated to the opposition even...

none of this ajayi and trade and failure stuff happens though if 17 was under center...there's maybe 3 true tone setters physically at rb in the nfl and we just parted with one for what amounts to a compensatory 4th round pick essentially

I know one damn thing...you better do better than freaking Kenyan drake with it

Last edited:
Well, one thing I will 100% agree with you on is that Drake is gonna be on thin ice real fast if he keeps trying to bounce runs outside.

the qb is the whole story but it has nothing to do with the damn deep ball...the offense went from short passing game by design to more vertical under gase with tanny

and it's still the same this year to date at least...it's the qbs inability to make teams pay vs all those extra man and 10 man boxes that has put the dagger in our season

You will never admit when you are wrong. Offense took off when we started completing the deeper passes. I said it would fix stuff, You said no way.
Deep pass to me mean 20 yards or more. Doesn't have to be the bomb to back off the 10 man fronts.

Hoops you think Gase just had a temper tantrum and made a bad call or he really thought Jay was holding him back somehow from playing his offensive scheme.

and ajayi can't block stuff is garbage...the only thing I saw him have to do was be told on protection adjust by the qb which side he should block to or which man and a lot of that had to do with crowd noise

you want to say he was selfish fine I will go along with that but consider that the guys knees mean he has to eat now so pulling him in the red zone to throw fade ints on first down should piss him off you want to say his contract status got in his head yep I will go along with that cause 5th round money for his production in 2016 is peanuts and should get his agents attention asking for a raise especially when you consider his knees likely mean he wont see even half of that 2nd contract although it needs to be said I've seen guys that as prospects were told they would never see a 2nd contract medically play well into their 3rd ones even...did he probably try to hit home runs this year yep I seen evidence of that on tape but after 4 or 5 damn games with nothing but 10 man boxes CAUSE NO ONE RESPECTS THE QB AS A DC I'm sure it did get to him that in order for me to gain yards and get that money I have to try and do it all myself.

and if anyone should have gotten the message it's Kenyan drake cause if that cat doesn't follow the blocking play call his *** will be shipped out next too...

marshawn lynch in his prime in seattle was a selfish pain in the *** too and hell he got paid and didn't even wait 2 years to start crying about his contract but he still punished the opposition physically and gave dcs fits and dictated to the opposition even...

none of this ajayi and trade and failure stuff happens though if 17 was under center...there's maybe 3 true tone setters physically at rb in the nfl and we just parted with one for what amounts to a compensatory 4th round pick essentially

I know one damn thing...you better do better than freaking Kenyan drake with it

Exactly, to give up ajayi for so little screams tantrum and scapegoat, the guy did everything he could. I know you think it was because of the qbs, I think it was because of Gase's play calling, even tannehill struggled before ajayi took off last year. Two qbs that are known to put up points with plenty of talent on offense outside of a sub par line/te and you can't score points, points to gase. Not to mention how every series seems the same with almost no adaptation despite the fact that the defense almost always played us the same with ajayi, even ajayi couldn't go up against stacked boxes up the middle and 2-3 in the backfield every time. Should be the easiest thing to adapt to if an opponent is going full on one way the entire time yet seemingly gase always refused to, it didn't even have to be the deep ball, just any amount of plays especially if you add diversity that weren't scripted the same every series would help a lot. Ajayi just told gase to get his **** together because ajayi had to look out for his uncertain future now, and gase didn't like it, that's the only way this points.

No offense....are you first time reading sports board? You have been telling people to grow up and many other things. Word of advice, state your point, as strongly as you want, but try not to always take a jab at fellow posters. Peace out.

@FSU Truth has been here a lot longer than you, bro-man.

Hoops you think Gase just had a temper tantrum and made a bad call or he really thought Jay was holding him back somehow from playing his offensive scheme.

Hypothetical scenario:

Coach: "You missed your assignment.

Player: "Haha, what are you gonna do about it? Cut me? **** off."

Coach: "... Yes."

GM: "Hey let me try to get a draft pick for him first."

Coach: "Make it quick."

Do you call that a temper tantrum by the coach?

Well, one thing I will 100% agree with you on is that Drake is gonna be on thin ice real fast if he keeps trying to bounce runs outside.

Drake will be on his back before he has the chance to bounce it outside. Then we'll trade him too.

tere's maybe 3 true tone setters physically at rb in the nfl and we just parted with one for what amounts to a compensatory 4th round pick essentially

Honestly, that's all you needed to say.

I read it all and.....so what??.......Just about every team has prima donnas and malcontents. Key to being a successful team/coach is you have to find ways to address that or deal with it ESPECIALLY when you don't have talented people to replace them. You think Dez Bryant is a model player??.....Don't know about you but I'd rather have a talented player who is "selfish", demanding/wanting the ball all the time in the hopes of making something happen vs a dishrag mediocre one who sits back and never complains.

We've gotten rid of one of our marquee, hardest players.......maybe Landry next. Two guys who brought heart & fight to the team......possibly gone because they make waves. All great coaches have had players who were problems.......but the best ones find a way to turn them or smooth things over and not just kick them out. Gase's "my way or the highway" attitude will fail, especially in today's NFL where you have pampered athletes who want to have it their way and if they don't get it here, there's always somewhere else that will take them on as we see with Ajayi......not saying it's right, but it is what it is and Gase will either have to change or he'll be another in a long line of failures.

Look at Tom Coughlin.....a tough hard edged military style coach set in his ways......but, even he at an older age realized that he'd have to change and be more pacifying.....it probably killed him to do so but he did (putting his own ego on the side) and met with years of success with the Giants afterwards.

One thing is having a player who is a prima dona and produces when the ball is in his hands, the other is having a player who is a prima dona and can't catch or block and who's production is steadily declining....when you have an attitude and you can't produce you become expendable....that's the way the world works, it happened to Ajayi and it will happen to Landry if he continues to on his path....

Back
Top Bottom