Gase is committing professional suicide | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase is committing professional suicide

Meh. The best young back in football was a 3rd rounder. Finding a good RB isn’t hard.

Actually that title should go to zeke with the cowboys and he was a first round draft pick and I would say had a huge impact on last years cowboys.

Hate that we don't have an adequate backup atm but a 4th round pick is not a bad deal.Probably wouldn't have gotten this in a compensatory pick had he even made it to FA healthy.

What are you smoking? We've had shutouts, criminal offensive displays and the team has won games by luck (missed fg) and the odd play. I've never seen such a flat offense and a team that is so disfunctional its embarrassing. The saying goes you are only as good as your last game. 40-0 speaks volumes. 40-0. I think some fans are shoving their Finding Nemo Dory heads in the sand and expecting this team to improve. How? It's ok to run a Circus but when you have the Clowns running the show you know nothing is going to change.
. What clowns are running the show exactly? Yes we were shut out and yes the offense has been bad but we are a half game out of the wild card despite everything. Today we traded a rb that the guy who watches him more than anybody in the world decided that he shouldn’t be on the team. Things have changed a great deal since Gase took over. Players are held accountable. The Ajayi trade is very Belichick-esque in the fact that if a player is not doing his job, he will be gone, no matter who he is. I think you are very short-sighted and are ignoring the culture that is being created here. Also, I am not smoking anything. Are you?

This the 14-9 coach that took the this franchise to the playoffs for the first time in over a decade. He is not going anywhere. Ajayi overplayed his hand. He had talent, but he did not have enough to act like it seems he was acting.

That win-loss record is gonna take a nosedive.

Ajayi was good, no doubt... but he isn’t Jerome Bettis... settle down
Yeah remember this when Ajayi is playing in Feburary for hardware while we are still sitting at 13 points a game wishing Drake wasent hurt.....

Gase has to make sure that if the team going to move on from certain players they are replaced properly. It is difficult mid-season to replace your starting running back, but if Drake and Williams can form a one-two that serves us until the off season, then that will have to do. But after that we need to make sure Ajayi is replaced with another starting calibre running back. Same goes for anyone else on the chopping block, if you get rid, make sure you hit on their replacements. You only have to look at what happened with Chip Kelly in Philly, he moved on from players like Desean Jackson and LeSean McCoy and never replaced them, ultimately the eagles went backwards and he got fired, though it is also worth noting that his offensive scheme was to blame as well. So while Gase might want to take parts out of the Patriots playbook with player turnover, he also needs to be aware that teams haven’t really been able to repeat that kind of turnover long term outside of New England.

For me, Gase is going nowhere as long as this team is competitive and winning games. The only time he might head for the exit is if he overplays his hand and the team declines quickly like Chip Kelly and the Eagles. But hopefully that doesn’t happen because we’ve finally found a winning coach, and ideally this team kicks on and gets better.

Yeah remember this when Ajayi is playing in Feburary for hardware while we are still sitting at 13 points a game wishing Drake wasent hurt.....

The Eagles were already the number one team in the NFC without Ajayi. They have an MVP contender quarterback, a good o-line, and decent play makers on offense. Their defense has also done well at times. There was a good chance they’d be playing in February without Ajayi, but with him they might have a guy they can feed the ball to rather than have to rotate through their backs like they have been doing.

Also, let’s be realistic here. We weren’t a Super Bowl contender with Ajayi. This team was trending towards an 8 or 9 win team with Ajayi due to our offense being poor. Unless our defense managed to mirror the great Ravens defense, and offense found a way to do enough, we were never likely to be playing in February. Will we be worse without Ajayi? It’s a possibility, but time will tell whether Drake and/or Williams can step up and fill Ajayi’s shoes.

This guy had the most heart on the team, carried it on its back all last year and countless times and you trade him because you're looking for a scapegoat for your disgraceful performance GASE.

GASE ONLY USES FIVE PLAY CALLS ANYWAYS
Go get Finheaven VIP access and I'm sure your tone will change...

Big difference between being a diva and doing your job. Jay wasn't doing his job.

Agreed.....but he was getting it done previously so what changed????.....Obviously he was in a hissy fit about something and, while I agree it's ridiculous to have to deal with tantrums from adult men who are supposed to be professional, it's on the coach to deal with that and all the different types of personalities that populate the team. He was able to redirect Ajayi last year and get something out of him......I just don't get why now he dumped him (unless the knee injury is really more of an issue than we know) instead of trying to coach him up and playing him for season....could've traded him after season was over.

Go get Finheaven VIP access and I'm sure your tone will change...
Well said. But the odds of real facts changing his tone are nil, Zippo, Nada. He has gone too far out on the ledge to come back, especially if it means eating crow. Knowledge only gives you power if you are willing to listen .

All these threads make sense right now. As I stated earlier is this the chicken or the egg thing and is hard to tell today. We started winning when Ajayi started running well last year. So did Gase make that happen or was it a coincidence. It certainly was not lost on me. The only cool thing about Ajayi being gone is we are about to really know if Gase is as good as advertised. Hope for the latter.

Bottom line when you lose and especially 40 to NOTHING UGLY -- all of a sudden the "problems" are intolerable.

The deal is done. Now Gase will have to live with the decision. If the team responds positively -- he's covered.

If the team continues to lay eggs and slide -- he'll be chased out of town.

Back
Top Bottom