Gase is committing professional suicide | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase is committing professional suicide

One thing is having a player who is a prima dona and produces when the ball is in his hands, the other is having a player who is a prima dona and can't catch or block and who's production is steadily declining....when you have an attitude and you can't produce you become expendable....that's the way the world works, it happened to Ajayi and it will happen to Landry if he continues to on his path....

Landry's situation is not even remotely comparable to Ajayi's.

Jarvis Landry wants to win, cares about his team more than his stat line, and doesn't have a serious insubordination problem. Landry's problem is that he's struggled to pick up some aspects of the offense. That's a LOT different.

Jarvis Landry wants to win, cares about his team more than his stat line, and doesn't have a serious insubordination problem. Landry's problem is that he's struggled to pick up some aspects of the offense. That's a LOT different.
His struggles are from not putting in 100% to the team he cares about. And I don't buy that a guy trying to get his deal of a lifetime doesn't care more about his stat line.

His struggles are from not putting in 100% to the team he cares about. And I don't buy that a guy trying to get his deal of a lifetime doesn't care more about his stat line.

Well keep in mind Landry was phased out of the offense a little when Gase got here as Stills and Parker got more looks. Did Landry freak out, have a tantrum, a blowup, storm off the field, blow off the coach in a meeting, etc? Nope.

I also don't think Landry's struggles with the offense are 100% effort related. I know nobody wants to believe this about Juice, but some guys don't necessarily have the highest football IQ. It might just take him more time to get it down.

Hoops you think Gase just had a temper tantrum and made a bad call or he really thought Jay was holding him back somehow from playing his offensive scheme.

I think gase probably decided he'd had enough of ajayi's attitude more than anything else...and maybe the medical did play into it somewhat as in gase thinking we aren't gonna be signing him long term anyways given that...but as far as can't run the scheme we want to run hell no...we ran 11 with ajayi just like we'd run it with any of these other options...I don't think that has anything at all to do with it

but I do think gase wants to put all the blame on ajayi or maybe make him the example when the real problem all season on o has been qb play...you can't run 11 personnel o and throw the ball at 5 yards or less per clip vs 10 man boxes every down...just about every down the opposition is showing us an extra unaccounted for man in the box you have to exploit teams for that in the passing game and we haven't

thus the o blows

Landry's problem is that he wants a big paycheck and other receivers in the roster (Stills and Parker) are being more productive than him....so he needs to make a case for himself (work harder) to justify the hike in pay or go somewhere else where they are willing to pay him what he wants.

Disagree....IMO Landry situation is comparable to Ajayi.
He has struggled, but why? because of a lack of study time to pick up some aspects of the offense
Reports are he has complained to teammates (not the public) about his contract situation. His head's not in the game, and his play this season has suffered.(not all his fault)
He has been on the trade block since last season, (shocking) that says a lot......either Gase is a raving lunatic or Landry has worn out his welcome.

I disagree that Gase wants to put the blame on Ajayi for our offensive problems. If that were the case he wouldn’t be making so many changes this week to get the team to prepare better for Sunday.

He simply got rid of a guy that was causing severe issues both on and off the field to an already troubled offense.

I disagree that Gase wants to put the blame on Ajayi for our offensive problems. If that were the case he wouldn’t be making so many changes this week to get the team to prepare better for Sunday.

He simply got rid of a guy that was causing severe issues both on and off the field to an already troubled offense.
I agree with you, Ajayi is the first of a major overhaul coming after the season.

yeah they are gonna overhaul the o no doubt...changes in routine during a game week is preparation not personnel based so it's not the same thing.

Landry's problem is that he wants a big paycheck and other receivers in the roster (Stills and Parker) are being more productive than him.....

Production as Landry has more receptions this season than Parker,Stills,and Fasano combined?

Production as in Landry has more tds this season than
Williams,Drake,Parker,Thomas,Carroo,Fasano,and Grant combined?

With almost 100 yards receiving more than the next best receiver

Production as Landry has more receptions this season than Parker,Stills,and Fasano combined?

Production as in Landry has more tds this season than
Williams,Drake,Parker,Thomas,Carroo,Fasano,and Grant combined?

With almost 100 yards receiving more than the next best receiver

Counterpoint, and this is something I said during the Lazor days:

Running the offense through Jarvis Landry the way we are doing has been a recipe for an offense that doesn't produce as many points as we'd like.

Disagree....IMO Landry situation is comparable to Ajayi.
He has struggled, but why? because of a lack of study time to pick up some aspects of the offense
Reports are he has complained to teammates (not the public) about his contract situation. His head's not in the game, and his play this season has suffered.(not all his fault)
He has been on the trade block since last season, (shocking) that says a lot......either Gase is a raving lunatic or Landry has worn out his welcome.
Do you have a link about him complaining to teammates, or is this speculation. As far as Landry being on the trade block for two years, as far as I know he was informed that he wasn't on the trade block by the coaching staff. Sounds like a reporter trying to get clicks. And God I hope you don't believe drama queen Hyde.

The team has definitely been contacted about Landry as a trade piece for a couple of years now, that's been reported by some reliable guys. I think the only real change is that when they were contacted in the last few days before the deadline, they actually listened with interest. Even reporters who were adamant that the team was saying "Thanks but no thanks" when contacted about Landry suddenly shifted to "The Dolphins are now taking offers."

But the fact that Ajayi got dumped at a firesale price, whereas the team (reportedly) turned down a second round pick for Landry, also tells you something. They still like him, they're just not sure it's going to work out.

Back
Top Bottom