Gase is committing professional suicide | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase is committing professional suicide

The problem on this team is the offensive line, not the running back. I do not know what is going on in his head, but this is a bad move. I thought the idiotic moves of the org. were over after the first year of his staff, but the stupidity continues. I fully expect to see Landry let go. I should have known that with Tannenbum in the FO that nothing would change.:wall

I continue to struggle to understand how the offensive line is not getting more scrutiny from the coaching staff. The one run Jay had the opportunity to hit a home run against the Ravens, he had a 20 yard run. Every other run, there were 3 guys in the backfield when he got the handoff. Very frustrating.

seems to be the m.o. of every coach who comes down here... f'n shame my brothers/sisters.. don't know where we go from here.. Matt Burke??

I read it all and.....so what??.......Just about every team has prima donnas and malcontents. Key to being a successful team/coach is you have to find ways to address that or deal with it ESPECIALLY when you don't have talented people to replace them. You think Dez Bryant is a model player??.....Don't know about you but I'd rather have a talented player who is "selfish", demanding/wanting the ball all the time in the hopes of making something happen vs a dishrag mediocre one who sits back and never complains.

We've gotten rid of one of our marquee, hardest players.......maybe Landry next. Two guys who brought heart & fight to the team......possibly gone because they make waves. All great coaches have had players who were problems.......but the best ones find a way to turn them or smooth things over and not just kick them out. Gase's "my way or the highway" attitude will fail, especially in today's NFL where you have pampered athletes who want to have it their way and if they don't get it here, there's always somewhere else that will take them on as we see with Ajayi......not saying it's right, but it is what it is and Gase will either have to change or he'll be another in a long line of failures.

Look at Tom Coughlin.....a tough hard edged military style coach set in his ways......but, even he at an older age realized that he'd have to change and be more pacifying.....it probably killed him to do so but he did (putting his own ego on the side) and met with years of success with the Giants afterwards.

You can run your house that way. But I'm happy this team wasn't going to allow a 1-year wonder do whatever the hell he wants on the field and in the locker room. No thank you and remember who took a chance on you and gave you the opportunity when everyone else was scared of your knee pre-draft!

I'm not even going to mention the stuff about not knowing your play-book and assignments.

Arrogant privk coach who wants people to carry out their assignments? Really?

How long does he have the team if he allows players to freelance? This may be a no win situation. We need Ajai's talent but can't afford his attitude.

So what's the answer.......jettison any and every good player (BTW...some of the best players are prima donnas) because of Gase's ego???? He's supposed to be not only a leader but manager of people......yet his answer is to cut loose anyone he can't manage. He either needs to find a way to adapt to today's NFL or be gone. The days of rough & tough coaches are over (not that I agree with it) due to the "snowflakism" and pampering of this generation of players not only by the league/teams but just by society in general and the times they have grown up in.

Give it a rest man. We just traded one of our most talented players away for peanuts after a 40-0 drubbing on national tv. Forgive us all if we don't share your blind homerism today
Peanuts? Tells me how bad they wanted to get rid of him. Fortunately they found a buyer instead of cutting him huh?

Will the Fins score again this season?
I think the trade is terrible.
Another case of the coach being challenged by the player and the coach cutting the talent.
I am increasingly unimpressed with Gase. His way or the highway. Soon the door will be hitting him in the ass as well.
This team is in perpetual rebuild mode.

Yes, we need a good run blocking RB. AKA a FB.

I hope you keep this mindset when you watch Ajayi absolutely tear it up and the Eagles go deep into the postseason....

I can already see a snow covered field in late January where the Eagles are down and Train runs them into the SB.

Ajayi was good, no doubt... but he isn’t Jerome Bettis... settle down

Back
Top Bottom