Gase is done | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase is done

Say what you want about Gase, the season ended the minute Tannehill's knee gave. Period. End of story. If we have similar results with Tannehill back next year, then we can talk about firing Gase. Until then- there's no conversation to be had on the matter.

Well he’s not using his whole playbook, he called a decent game, if cutler would have hit those open recievers( he over though a lot of balls last on short to intermediate pass) we would have not been in a lot of 3rd and long. Cutler accuracy was way off last night

I’m not really enticed by any of the coaching candidates out there enough to dump Gase and start over. Gase showed me enough last year to give him a chance for the next 2 years. I’d prefer to pair him with a GM who shares his vision and can put together a roster though.

Until Tannenbaum is gone this will be status quo. Gase needs to be given full control over personnel to get exactly what fits his vision. That's the only way i think we know for sure if he's the coach we all hoped he is.
The synergy between the the person deciding who we sign and the person deciding how we play just doesn't exist here.

One of the main problems with this franchise is that they recycle coaching staffs and front offices very 3 years or so. The new staff gives new hope for a year, then purge the team of players from prior regime, struggle, get fired and then the cycle repeats. I don’t know how to escape it. But for that reason I’m good with giving him 4 years. This season was lost when Tannehill went down. Everything they built last year was thrown out the window. I’m basically deleting this season from my memory and starting fresh in 2018.

Exactly. There has never been a coach that has been able to "win" with Cutler behind center. Not sure why everyone was expecting something different now that the guy is older and more useless.

I read that in a salguero article the other day that the organization thinks it's still a year away no matter what happens the rest of the year. If that's the case it makes you wonder why they gave Cutler 10mm to come in. You think they would have just signed a TJ Yates and rolled with he and Moore for the year.

So tired of the staff making excuses about execution and being a year away. There is talent on this roster. We lack talent at the organizational level. We keep hiring first time HCs that assemble first time coordinators and high school level staffs. Foerster was a joke everywhere he had been. That the quality of coach you get as a first timer.

If Gruden is serious about a return or Jim Harbaugh wants back in the pros you do what you can to clean house and get a guy like that. They will bring their own personnel people and will have experienced coordinators lined up to work with them.

Enough is enough.

Exactly! I'm tired of this organization hiring inept first time head coaches and coaching staffs! That's been one of the biggest problems with this team for years!

They didn't lose they quit. Gase's guys on the team can half-arse or freelance they ain;t getting benched od cut. The rest of the team knows and is in cashing paycheck mode.

Gase isn't going anywhere.

He made Chicken salad out of Chicken ##%# last year and got us to the playoffs. He is 4-5 this year and his overall record is 14 -11.

No doubt, there is a lot of reason for concern, and that Gase has to earn his money by righting this ship, but he will be our coach this year and next at a minimum. I certainly don't want to see a coaching change again.....been down that road too many times

I was hopeful after that first year, but his offense sux, the guy running the D sux, and last but not least - he is the worst play caller in the league.

Overreact much? I get these last 3 games have been beyond frustrating but what you are saying is nonsense. Gase does have to get a lot better at personnel decisions but he is only 39 years old in the second season of his first HC job and coming off a playoff year. Give him time to figure things out.

They didn't lose they quit. Gase's guys on the team can half-arse or freelance they ain;t getting benched od cut. The rest of the team knows and is in cashing paycheck mode.

This thought disturbs me the most. The defense looked very disinterested and had that look of a unit who didn't want to be there.

Back
Top Bottom