Gase is done | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase is done

I get it - just disagree. I liked the aggressive call, didn’t like the throw. In hindsight, obviously a knee would’ve been great.

Yea I know what your saying also and honestly us Fans are always on the aggressive side of things but the thing is a Coach is supposed to be smarter than the avg fan and see the bigger picture looking for a win. It was a horrible decision to go for yardage at that juncture of the game and its disconcerting that He (Gase) didnt weigh the down side of trying to move the ball.

How many freaking games can you come out and look like you haven't practiced all week? Except for a few games, it's every week now for two years.

There was 3 timeouts left and 47 seconds. You guys want gase to open it up and let the qb play well you got the result when you do.

Thing is that coverage cutler reads correct but his lack of head and eye discipline there in a critical game time period allows kuechly who also knows the coverage call allows him to take a chance with over the top safeties there to make up for it should he make a mistake and he just runs under it.

That’s not lukes coverage assignment that’s excellent awareness in terms of knowing the call knowing where his help is and then just reading the qbs eyes.

Flex corner route stared at it from the time he took the snap

Cutler checked off the pre snap box and failed post snap miserably

Hold the lb level with the head in the middle of the field in the drop he never gets there

Anyone defending Gase please list one good quality or aspect of him being the coach? ONE!
He is dreck..next.....

The **** were we gonna do with 43 seconds from our own 20? Throw it 6 yards 3 times? Impossibly naive decision.

I agree with whoever said good coaches don't do that. Amateur hour.

They should have just ran it into the line a couple of times and took a knee. Or force Carolina to burn their TO's and punt with a few seconds left. Not a hard concept.

Embarrassed multiple time in primetime games. Multiple shutouts. Not a stellar sophomore season! He isn't getting fired though, this is when Ross will give an extension to show confidence. Weeeeeeeee free money! Problem for us is Gase gets the excuse lost his QB, but it obvious the rest of the roster is trash. We have a locker room full of low IQ football players, that are lazy and don't take pride in their work. So next year you get Tannehill back after missing what 21 months? In the middle of what should be a MAJOR roster overhaul. Oh well at least we get firey press conferences.

They should have just ran it into the line a couple of times and took a knee. Or force Carolina to burn their TO's and punt with a few seconds left. Not a hard concept.

Or if you're gonna give into the delusion that this offense could've put up points in that amount of time, at least throw it down field so they have worse field position when the inevitable dagger pick is thrown.

Last edited:
There’s nothing wrong with the play calling. We had guys open all night the damn qb couldn’t hit the back side of a barn

The 4th and short fail was a rpo qb chose the inside hand off.

Int qb stares down the corner route from the tight end mike lb just reads his eyes and continues to flow underneath of it no head and eyes in center of the field in drop

Even if true why is the offense predictable to everyone?
Why does he make the wrong decision/call every time?
Why isn't Drake featured more? Hell he used Maualuga successfully as a FB twice, why not more?
Does he ever move the pocket under advantageous situations?
Where is Gray? Maybe line up Carroo at TE position?
Let Fede play a little?

Amazing how Denver wins the SB and are now basically a garbage team but New England is the same year after year after year. Gase is not the same as BB. I'd give Gase another year with Tannehill, but that's it.

Gase is a bigtime fraud and the players are quitting on him. This reminds me of when Josh McDaniels was in Denver and the players basically revolted against him because of his big ego and it's the my way or highway type of attitude. Gase is the same way and the players know it and won't play hard for him. He hasn't earned a right to be that way either. The Dolphins would have been better off keeping Dan Campbell and let him hire a good staff. At least the players seemed to like him and played hard for him.

Quit worrying about the interception. That play didnt lose the game. We lost the game because the D gave up 28 second half points.

All week we weren’t supposed to win. We don’t win and everyone freaks out.

LOL.

There is a difference of not winning and not competing. This team doesn’t compete consistently, and on national TV. There is no way you can look at this roster, and excuse this by thinking we just have lessor talent. When teams like San Fran or the Browns get outclassed it’s hard to judge the coaching staff as their payroll is 50 million under the cap. We are capped out with supposed big money players littered on this roster. Our players look lackadaisical, our schemes look basic, and predictable, and someone has to pay for this. This is 100% on our coaching staff.

Back
Top Bottom