Gase: "Our offense has been garbage for 2 years" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase: "Our offense has been garbage for 2 years"

well at least we know adam gase isn't blind

True, but we also need to see he's honest > admit his play-calling is part of the problem.
Side note - this is the 2nd year he's evaluated talent and named starters. And the 2nd year he's had an "oops" and had to shuffle the deck. I'm a Gase fan, but these misses on evaluation have to stop.

Were going to give up 50 points against the Saints

I think he's taking the full blame. It's been playcalling

If he's in fact taking the blame for the "garbage" offense, in the form of an entire year of poor play-calling, then he has no business calling plays and ought to step down from that role.

He also said, "There is a good chance there will be changes to the starting lineup, we will find players that want to play the right way."
Excuse me (raises hand), excuse me. Sorry to interrupt, but can I just say, " I'm tired".

Time to dump some trash- I hope Gase takes over personal decisions next year. If there is a next year that is.

Laremy Tunsil continues to struggle back at left tackle and had another poor game (49.5), 47th for all tackles in Week 3
Through 2 games, Tunsil has an overall grade of 45.6, a pass-blocking grade of 43.7 and run-blocking grade of 50.1

James has allowed just one QB hurry in 85 pass-blocking snaps ; overall grade of 84.7 ranks 6th for all tackles in the league #FinsUp

Offensive bright spot - RT Ja'Wuan James (80.6) was the highest-graded offensive player for the second straight week

TE Julius Thomas ranks 65th out of 68 qualifying tight ends with a run-blocking grade of 37.4 this season

For the season, Suh ranks second of all interior DL in overall grade (91.3) and run-defense grade (92.2)

Wake bounced back from a poor season opener to earn a grade of 86.4; he recored a sack, hit, two hurries & four stops

For the season, Maxwell's ovr grade of 38.8 ranks 97th of 108 qualifying CBs; Howard's grade of 40.9 ranks 91st

After just 13 snaps in Week 2, LB Chase Allen played 28 in Week 3 & his 7 tackles and 4 stops each tied for the team lead

Rookie DT Vincent Taylor played 29 snaps after just 3 in Week 2; he earned a grade of 80.2, 19th-highest of all DI

Holdup holdup holdup holdup holdup holdup holdup......

...Our corners rank 91st and 97th out of 108 qualifying CBs?

Drew-Brees-Smile.jpg

Maybe Tunsil back to LG? Make Eric Smith the LT

Personally, I hate the threat to change players. Gase is Head COACH, the guy responsible for, you know, COACHING and stuff.

Instead of pointing the finger at the players, he needs to examine where his coaching is failing. Systemic failures of the offense, like we saw yesterday, need systemic solutions, like better playcalling and better coaching. Sure Cutler was lousy, sure the run blocking was poor enough. But Adam Gase needs to show - and quickly - that he's an NFL head coach. Not another in the Philbin mould who believes that players should want to get it perfect and therefore absolves himself of culpability when they don't.

Gase actually has taken the blame plenty of times when plays don't work out. I don't believe he's trowing anyone under the bus. The fact is that our cap is maxed out and they're playing as if they weren't getting paid at all. Having said that, the disturbing pattern is that the team never seems ready to play the first half and GASE has to fix that once and for all.

Ozzy rules!!

Leave it to Gase to not mince words. The question now becomes is it the offensive line, or the lack of quality at the quarterback position? Cutler has clearly not been great so far. Tannehill was coming along nicely, but a lot of experts out there put him somewhere in the middle of the pack. For reference sake, and not to be captain obvious, Tom Brady is right near the top.

All I'm saying is you've got to figure out what's holding the team back to make the right decisions moving forward. The Dolphins may end up being in a position where they can draft a top quarterback, or will the team determine they can win with Tannehill in 2018?

The skill positions look great with Ajayi, Parker, Landry, and Stills. Not too many teams can match that.
Good questions.

Personally, I called out the OL before the game, and IMHO, that is our problem. I said that if they couldn't open up run lanes for Ajayi, it would impact our entire offense, and that was the key to the game.

We could not open up run lanes against the Jets physical front. Once again, our finesse style of OL was straight stonewalled by the big strong Jets front and their new high quality safeties. No run lanes = no run game. No run game = stifling defense on our receivers ... and a mediocre pass game.

Without a run game, we are a poor offense. IMHO, we need to put more emphasis on getting/teaching guys who have the power and technique to move DL. I was excited about Isaac Asiata for exactly this reason. But we stayed with weak guards, couldn't generate any run game, and looked like we always do against the Jets defense... underpowered.

Unless they just flat out give up or are injured accross the DL or simply make a ton of mistakes ... our scouts/coaches simply do not value having effective run blocking guards. We are solely built to beat the Patriots, which we are lucky to do even once a year, and not built to even compete with the Jets and Bills who are where we should be getting 4 division wins a year if we are smart.

Start Asiata. Live with the growing pains. Have an answer for big strong DL.

Back
Top Bottom