Gase: "Our offense has been garbage for 2 years" | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase: "Our offense has been garbage for 2 years"

All I know is I'm tired of hearing what a dynamic, high-powered offense we're always supposed to have, only to have exactly the opposite. Enough. Figure it the **** out and put a mother****ing curb stomping on New Orleans.

I only read about the high powered offense on this this forum.

I only read about the high powered offense on this this forum.

Agreed only people here think the offense has played well, even tho we have not been able to score points in a long time... but hey completion percentage is cool.

Gase just don't understand that you need a Top 5 QB to run a screen pass effectively. His offence is similar to Lazors. So with that being said. Lazors offence was garbage. We need to hire a OC that calls plays. Gase is a good coach and I will stand behind that, but his playing calling is for a Top 5 QB and not going to work

How is Burke escaping this fire?

3 encroachments in a row.

He's a motivational speaker. I'll never trust that guy after promoting the wide nine, then playing prevent with his corners 10 yds. off the LOS. Probably why Timmons ran back to Pittsburgh. Probably why his corners look so frustrated. Probably why he started Verner over Tankersly.

But no, all I hear about Burke are fluff piece articles about gorillas and crapping on Chase Allen to make him a better player.

He'll be gone by season's end. He's just a token card to be dropped so Gase makes it through the season.

Step 1: WR screens must go. Are we even averaging more than a yard per attempt?
Step 2: Have offensive line do workouts with disco music. They need to be in sync. On every single play it seems as if they are all running a different play. It often looks like we have ten offensive lineman, but every single one is moving in a random direction, and none are trying to block. Having them do YMCA a few times couldn't hurt.
Step 3: Ugh. Why bother. They need a lot more talent.

This will be a tough year. But I expected it. I just didn't think the Jets would dominate as much as they did.

He calls too many screen passes. I actually went back and looked at his work with the 2014 Broncos, and they called a lot of screens then, too. They executed them better and did more damage with them because the offense was a lot more dynamic and teams were playing scared of them.

But he needs to stop calling them. See: http://finheaven.com/threads/we-are-a-terrible-screen-pass-team.339662/

I'm a big fan of the Al Davis philosophy: Run the ball to get some push back against the defensive line, and throw it deep.

We've got the horses to get the ball deep on a more regular basis. Cutler has a strong arm, Parker can win the 50-50 balls, Stills and Grant have burners speed.

I understand being conservative early in the season, to some point, but it's time to make some big plays down field.

Good questions.

Personally, I called out the OL before the game, and IMHO, that is our problem. I said that if they couldn't open up run lanes for Ajayi, it would impact our entire offense, and that was the key to the game.

We could not open up run lanes against the Jets physical front. Once again, our finesse style of OL was straight stonewalled by the big strong Jets front and their new high quality safeties. No run lanes = no run game. No run game = stifling defense on our receivers ... and a mediocre pass game.

Without a run game, we are a poor offense. IMHO, we need to put more emphasis on getting/teaching guys who have the power and technique to move DL. I was excited about Isaac Asiata for exactly this reason. But we stayed with weak guards, couldn't generate any run game, and looked like we always do against the Jets defense... underpowered.

Unless they just flat out give up or are injured accross the DL or simply make a ton of mistakes ... our scouts/coaches simply do not value having effective run blocking guards. We are solely built to beat the Patriots, which we are lucky to do even once a year, and not built to even compete with the Jets and Bills who are where we should be getting 4 division wins a year if we are smart.

Start Asiata. Live with the growing pains. Have an answer for big strong DL.

Well said. Lots of discussion here in the offseason about matching up with the physical defensive tackles in the division. I don't think Miami has the guards for that and the Jets game, unfortunately, kind of supports that. Maybe Asiata and, I agree, the team needs to see if he's the answer. Perhaps week three will be his starting point.

I like the fact that Miami went with physical players on defense in the offseason. Still a ways to go there, but that looked like perhaps an Adam Gase decision/input.

I'm hoping that Gase doesn't think the Dolphins can get by with a finesse offensive line. I know there are a lot of stopgaps there like Bushrod. But, man it's time to finish the offensive line rebuild once and for all and get better matchups in the division.

As to quarterback, I'm a big fan of Ryan Tannehill. But, if the team suddenly finds itself drafting in the top 10 I could see Miami going quarterback. There are some quality quarterbacks in the draft and if Gase and company thinks they can upgrade there that's a possibility.

this is why i say aggression matters a lot more than x's and o's, gase is apparently very intelligent in x's and o's but has shown very little aggression. Aggression forces the defense to give you more so you can open up the playbook a lot more, if there is no aggression you have a very small number of plays to work with and the defense has taken away a lot of even those plays because they are playing you a certain way every down because they know you won't be aggressive which greatly increases their success and your failure chances. I'm sure Gase is talking about himself, but I think the locker room is getting tired of him saying I'll fix it and never doing that, same old philbin nonsense. He's still got the whole season to change though, this is a loaded offense skill wise, zero reason he shouldn't be putting up a lot of points.

Still have yet to see any game like either of Campbell's first two where we destroyed the opponent, he saw a weakness and he exploited it and didn't stop until the game was over, that was what aggression looks like and what it does for a team. Gase may end up being a great coach but until he starts getting aggressive he's never going to realize any of his potential or give his mind any room to really do what it can.

The team played with zero pride and heart.
The staff has been relying on Ajayi to set up the offense with pass plays coming off of that success.
This team just isnt very good this year.
The staff is making chicken salad with 90% chit.

His offense has been very hit or miss, and seems completely dependent on the play of the offensive line... but isn't that the case for any offense? As the OL goes, so goes the offense.

Back
Top Bottom