Gase's Rebuilt Offense is going to shock the NFL | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase's Rebuilt Offense is going to shock the NFL

Do you work/write for that site? I’m just asking because I can’t recall a post of yours that didn’t mention it.

This is why its good to rely on stats rather than memory, Dolphin fans tend to remember what they want to believe happened instead of what actually happened. I'm sure if Football Outsiders kept stats on my post history my mentions of them would be more in the 5-10% range rather than the 100% you recall from memory.

This is why its good to rely on stats rather than memory, Dolphin fans tend to remember what they want to believe happened instead of what actually happened. I'm sure if Football Outsiders kept stats on my post history my mentions of them would be more in the 5-10% range rather than the 100% you recall from memory.
I hope you include yourself among the Dolphin fans that tend to remember what they want to believe instead of what actually happened......or are you talking about everyone else Roy?

Ajayi got a ring cuz his team was elite. Not because of him

That was pretty much his point. He was ragging on our coaching staff and said that the Eagles Elite coaching staff got him that ring, while ours cant manage talented players.

Tough to disagree with him.

That was pretty much his point. He was ragging on our coaching staff and said that the Eagles Elite coaching staff got him that ring, while ours cant manage talented players.

They had elite talent. No question they have good coaching but they had elite talent.

Adam Gase is a good coach but he had dumb players .You can't fix stupid

Ok I guess your right that it’s an exaggeration. It’s just you’re one of the few posters I see quoting them on a regular basis that it seems like you’re laser focused on them. Serious question, are there any other sites or stats that you’re willing to consider?

He started at RB on the SB Champions. He was part of that elite team.

Also a Dolphin RB with two 200 yard games in one season with a mediocre line. I'd say he's pretty good.

He had 70 carries in 7 regular season games. Even if he “started”, he wasn’t the main back.

They had elite talent. No question they have good coaching but they had elite talent.

Adam Gase is a good coach but he had dumb players .You can't fix stupid

And I think that is also part of his point. GASE cant fix stupid. Apparently he feels other coaches can.

I'm still up in the air about it. Time will tell.

And I think that is also part of his point. GASE cant fix stupid. Apparently he feels other coaches can.

I'm still up in the air about it. Time will tell.
fair enough

Ajay ran the ball enough especially into the middle to cause the defense to key on him and give their QB easy reads.

My first thought on this is cautious optimism.

I'm enamored with our offensive line, theoretically. Tunsil, Sitton, Kilgore, Davis, and James should be a good group if they can stay healthy, and if Tunsil progresses. There is also depth with Larsen, Young, and Brendel.

We do need that seam threat tight end still, but Drake and Gore should make for an effective running back duo (and I'd like to see us draft a player in the later rounds to compliment them and develop), our receivers are a different grouping with Amendola and Wilson replacing Landry, but Parker, Stills, and Grant also look to figure in heavily. We could present a lot of different looks with those five receivers, and I feel good about the opportunity for some big plays.

Tannehill, of course, is the linchpin. What sort of QB are we getting back? Will he take a step forward like he looked to be doing his first season with Gase, or will he regress to the pre-Gase era player who looked like he didn't deserve to start? Our season rests with Tannehill, because Lord help us if Brock Osweiler has to play. I still feel we should draft another QB.

Our defense also has a ton of question marks IMO. What are we doing on the line? We have Phillips at DT, but I don't trust anyone else we have on the roster to play next to him. On the end we have Harris, Wake, Quinn, and Hayes who should be a very good quartet. Our linebackers are Kiko Alonso and a who lotta question marks. Raekwon McMillan is like getting a deferred draft pick, but what will he be? Anyone else strike you as a starter? Our secondary has me a bit more comfortable. I like Howard and Lippett, and McCain and Tankersely provide solid depth. At safety, Reshad Jones and T.J. McDonald with Walt Aikens for depth seems pretty good.

So that leaves the draft to fill a few needs: Tight End, Linebacker, Defensive Tackle, Kicker, Quarterback, and overall depth.

Ajay ran the ball enough especially into the middle to cause the defense to key on him and give their QB easy reads.

hmm, hitting the designated hole and setting the *team* up for success. Who would have thunk that was a good idea? I wonder why our HC never thought of doing something like that? I guess that's what makes the Eagles coaching staff so elite.....

Actually it isn't that tough at this point. Let's check again after a full season and the honeymoon is over.

Last edited:
Jon Dorenbos got a ring too. That's not to say Ajayi didn't have more to do with it, but the point is often times getting a ring is about being in the right place at the right time. Had we traded him to the Browns, how would his ring be looking on someone else's finger?

Back
Top Bottom