Gase's Rebuilt Offense is going to shock the NFL | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase's Rebuilt Offense is going to shock the NFL

Jon Dorenbos got a ring too. That's not to say Ajayi didn't have more to do with it, but the point is often times getting a ring is about being in the right place at the right time. Had we traded him to the Browns, how would his ring be looking on someone else's finger?
If if's and buts were candies and nuts

Reactions: BSQ
They had elite talent. No question they have good coaching but they had elite talent.

Adam Gase is a good coach but he had dumb players .You can't fix stupid

It will be interesting to see this year whether it really is an issue of the players not being clever enough to understand the playbook. To paraphrase Gase himself, only the staff & players know what the playcall was. If there's no improvement, with Gase's hand picked players, then you have to wonder if they really were that stupid, or if its just that they're a badly coached team.

Ajayi got a ring cuz his team was elite. Not because of him

It's odd that people say this even with the benefit of hindsight. Of course he went to a better team. That doesn't take away from the fact that he helped them get a ring. But the Dolphins ended up on the winning end of that one. Keep me posted on how that one works out (even though we already know).

It's odd that people say this even with the benefit of hindsight. Of course he went to a better team. That doesn't take away from the fact that he helped them get a ring. But the Dolphins ended up on the winning end of that one. Keep me posted on how that one works out (even though we already know).

I don't think anyone's actually arguing Ajayi didn't contribute to the Eagles run. Every member of the team was on the filed at some time in the season and, thus, contributed. But, it seems some want to claim Ajayi had a MAJOR role and use that as proof Miami dealt away an All-Pro RB. That claim is just as vacuous as those claiming Ajayi didn't contribute. This looks to me a lot like Vontae Davis - a good player who needed to be released to get his attention and get him to grow up. I have no ill will against Jay, I hope he has a productive career. But numerous reports had him as disruptive. No HC will toerate that.

I don't think anyone's actually arguing Ajayi didn't contribute to the Eagles run. Every member of the team was on the filed at some time in the season and, thus, contributed. But, it seems some want to claim Ajayi had a MAJOR role and use that as proof Miami dealt away an All-Pro RB. That claim is just as vacuous as those claiming Ajayi didn't contribute. This looks to me a lot like Vontae Davis - a good player who needed to be released to get his attention and get him to grow up. I have no ill will against Jay, I hope he has a productive career. But numerous reports had him as disruptive. No HC will toerate that.

Whatever it was....Ajayi got the last laugh:

The Dolphins running game was good after Ajayi left, some aspects were better. Gase was right on that call and with they way Miami has been drafting RBs, there's probably another one ready to emerge this year

The Dolphins running game was good after Ajayi left, some aspects were better. Gase was right on that call and with they way Miami has been drafting RBs, there's probably another one ready to emerge this year
I think some of the posters are missing the point you are making. The run game was better after Jay left. I liked him and I wish him the best but he had had issues accepting his role here. We can discuss whether or not his talent level was "elite" but Gase was right in terms of running game effectiveness for us this year.

I don't think anyone can declare an overall "winner" in this argument without a little more time. Jay got a ring but it remains to be seen how this affects his career and salary. Will he ever be featured in Philadelphia? Will Drake and Gase build on what they started and will the offense improve with new personnel?

We need time.

It is amusing to me how some are blaming Gase rather than Jay given their relative resumes and track record. I would think it's reasonable to give Gase the benefit of the doubt pending seeing the result on this case.

PS - I know this is an opinion forum and not a grammar class but it's hard to take someone seriously when they call posters with different beliefs fools based on 90% opinion and can't get "Kool-Aid" right.

I think some of the posters are missing the point you are making. The run game was better after Jay left. I liked him and I wish him the best but he had had issues accepting his role here. We can discuss whether or not his talent level was "elite" but Gase was right in terms of running game effectiveness for us this year.

I don't think anyone can declare an overall "winner" in this argument without a little more time. Jay got a ring but it remains to be seen how this affects his career and salary. Will he ever be featured in Philadelphia? Will Drake and Gase build on what they started and will the offense improve with new personnel?

We need time.

It is amusing to me how some are blaming Gase rather than Jay given their relative resumes and track record. I would think it's reasonable to give Gase the benefit of the doubt pending seeing the result on this case.

PS - I know this is an opinion forum and not a grammar class but it's hard to take someone seriously when they call posters with different beliefs fools based on 90% opinion and can't get "Kool-Aid" right.
how was gase right. ...jay is good rb as well. that need carried ball a lot. the problem w him being w eagles is he will not get a lot of carrier. if blunt leaves he will be good then. he is on winning team may get another ring next yr...
drake is fast back. if you miss him at line he is going score. bottle line we could have used both of them. we still need replace jay.

I do nt blame gase for bring in his guy because if he do nt win he is going get fired, so why not say I got fired because of me.

The biggest gripe I had with last year is you stuck with a backup qb that you didn't trust to step in if the starter was injured, knowing that our QB very well might not make it through the season. It was a major gamble that backfired in our face. I was hoping we would correct that this year but once again we are rolling the dice.

I like a lot of the moves we made but this is an important year for both Gase and Tannehill. We should know at the end of this year whether both are a part of our future going forward or not. When Gase came here, he was known as a guy who could build his offense around his players and so far that hasn't happened. It appears as though he is finally getting the opportunity to make the roster he wants and bold moves have been made. The question is, will it work out?

No that just made him look childish
maybe he was hurt about trade. maybe he and gase didn't see eye to eye. you and me don't get along w every boss at job.\
jay was a big part of us making playoff in 2016....everybody who have moved on from one job to better place have talk trash about their boss. so queit bs on here

If if's and buts were candies and nuts
Wow, discourse on this board...

Honestly, we traded Ajayi. I liked him too, but we don't know what kind of influence he was in the locker room, and we do know that Kenyan Drake looks like the real deal.

I’d say that Gase has a high ceiling as a coach, but he took some lumps last season. In the end, it may be good for him.

Let’s see how the draft goes, but the team has very few blue chips to work with. But, compared to last year, I expect a more fundamentally sound team that will capitalize on opportunities instead of shooting itself continually. That should lead to improvement.

Then, you have to wonder, can some of our younger guys be transformed into blue chip players? Parker, Tunsil, Harris, Phillips, McMillan, Lippett, Tank, Et al come to mind. Drake and Howard showed blue chip ability but in small sample sizes. It’s good that we are going to be more sound as a team. But, at the end of the day, blue chip players are difference makers who make game changing plays. The team lacks that in sufficient quantity unless a number of the younger guys ascend like we want.

And if any of those guys take the next step, start signing them early instead of being dipsticks about it. The last thing we need is for some of these guys to ascend and then we lose them and re-create the needs. That’s a recipe for an owner to double the value of his investment in the team but not to win consistently.

Regarding Gase, familiarity is fine, but we need the best guys, not cronies. I’m hoping that is among the things Gase is figuring out.

As mentioned in the Wayne thread, he tried getting Saban, Jimmy etc. and nothing worked with the splashy, big hires. The more effective concept may very well be to get the young coach on the way up. He’s hungry, aggressive, etc. The downside is a bit of OJT but it may be worth it for the long haul.

Back
Top Bottom