Gase's Rebuilt Offense is going to shock the NFL | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase's Rebuilt Offense is going to shock the NFL

Offense under Gase wasn't good with Tannehill or Cutler. Got rid of Landry and Matthews at WR and Miller and Ajayi at RB. Unless Miami lands a game changer at QB like Mayfield the only shock would be if Gase comes back for a 4th year as HC.
I take it you missed the 2016 season?

This piece was inspired by Hoot's excellent post from a week or so ago. Using those quotes, as well as the film and numbers to provide examples for why Miami's offense will take a huge jump in 2018, this is an optimistic view during a time of sheer pessimism.

Adam Gase hit his boiling point with his offensive personnel last October. He told us sweeping changes were coming. Now, amist national criticism, he’s slowly building a group fit perfectly to execute his scheme. Why Miami’s offense will thrive in 2018:

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/dolphins/adam-gase-offense/

I concur, I see us ranked as low as 30th. That is ok w me. The least the expectations, the better we perform. Surprising all in '18

This.

As Albert pointed out, we still need a good TE. I'd like to get Mike Gesicki if he is available in the second round.
I have never been so sure of a positional pick in a certain round as I am now of taking a TE in round 2 in this upcoming draft. I'd bet the farm. It's the perfect spot for one of the big four. There's also a reason I don't gamble too. Ha.

I have never been so sure of a positional pick in a certain round as I am now of taking a TE in round 2 in this upcoming draft. I'd bet the farm. It's the perfect spot for one of the big four. There's also a reason I don't gamble too. Ha.
I sure hope you're right, but don't bet the farm ... the Dolphins drafts tend to disappoint us when things make too much sense.

Rebuilt or not, if we play Brock Osweiler (sp?) more than a couple of snaps, I'll be one of many shocked (and devastated) NFL fans.

Sorry. I'm off the Gase train. You all are fools if you think this guy is an offensive genius because he had one good season with Peyton Manning. Everyone knows Manning is a better O.C. on the field than a majority of O.C..s in the league. After seeing 2 seasons here and 1 in Chicago, without a hall of fame QB, there is no denying it.

I'm not seeing the things that great coaches do. The mismatches, disguises, play design, play calling, etc. If Landry truly was lining up wrong and didn't know the play, that's on Gase. Same with Parker not realizing his potential. And Ajayi was not following plays too??? Come on! Excuses, excuses. Lots of fingers being pointed. If your guys don't listen and execute, then you're not a good coach. Plain and simple.

Ajayi just got a ring for Christ sake!! You know why??? Because Pederson is a good coach, who's team executed well designed plays. And I'm pretty sure Ajayi didn't know that playbook very well after coming in during the middle of the season. And I'm sure Nick Foles won't be in the hall of fame.

Stop drinking the cool aide.

I take it you missed the 2016 season?

These are the AFC East offense ranks according to Football Outsiders over the past 2 seasons:

Patriots: 2nd; 1st
Bills: 10th; 26th
Dolphins: 14th; 27th
Jets: 31st; 24th

Last edited:
Sorry. I'm off the Gase train. You all are fools if you think this guy is an offensive genius because he had one good season with Peyton Manning. Everyone knows Manning is a better O.C. on the field than a majority of O.C..s in the league. After seeing 2 seasons here and 1 in Chicago, without a hall of fame QB, there is no denying it.

I'm not seeing the things that great coaches do. The mismatches, disguises, play design, play calling, etc. If Landry truly was lining up wrong and didn't know the play, that's on Gase. Same with Parker not realizing his potential. And Ajayi was not following plays too??? Come on! Excuses, excuses. Lots of fingers being pointed. If your guys don't listen and execute, then you're not a good coach. Plain and simple.

Ajayi just got a ring for Christ sake!! You know why??? Because Pederson is a good coach, who's team executed well designed plays. And I'm pretty sure Ajayi didn't know that playbook very well after coming in during the middle of the season. And I'm sure Nick Foles won't be in the hall of fame.

Stop drinking the cool aide.
Ajayi got a ring cuz his team was elite. Not because of him

Agree. Taking Hurst in the second round is critical. I say Hurst because he is the most dynamic seam threat of the TEs. Honestly I would like to see Miami double dip at the position. Hurst in round 2 and Andrews round 3! Add those two pieces to their receivers and Drake out of the backfield and all of sudden there are mismatches all over the field.

He doesn't have to shock the NFL. He just needs to get it back to where it was under Tannehill in the second half of 2016. That's a top 10 offense.
do yall know how easy our schedule was in 2016.

do yall know how easy our schedule was in 2016.

"do yall know how many on this board complained about how hard our schedule was going to be" If it looked easy in the end, maybe it was because we were much better than everyone thought we would be.
Going 10-6 supports this view!

Ajayi got a ring cuz his team was elite. Not because of him
He started at RB on the SB Champions. He was part of that elite team.

Also a Dolphin RB with two 200 yard games in one season with a mediocre line. I'd say he's pretty good.

These are the AFC East offense ranks according to Football Outsiders over the past 2 seasons:

Patriots: 2nd; 1st
Bills: 10th; 26th
Dolphins: 14th; 27th
Jets: 31st; 24th

Do you work/write for that site? I’m just asking because I can’t recall a post of yours that didn’t mention it.

He started at RB on the SB Champions. He was part of that elite team.

Also a Dolphin RB with two 200 yard games in one season with a mediocre line. I'd say he's pretty good.
He was the second best RB on his team.... Elite team

Back
Top Bottom