Gase's Rebuilt Offense is going to shock the NFL | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase's Rebuilt Offense is going to shock the NFL

Yep. People have this man on a pedestal. He had one great season as O.C. on the coattails of Peyton Manning, and has everyone convinced he is a genius QB whisperer. Everyone thought Julius Thomas was gonna be amazing as a Fin, because he was a ProBowler under Gase in Denver. Yea, no. He had a dismal season with Cutler in Chicago......and people were thinking that it would be different as a Dolphin. Ha!

And now everyone thinks we are in better shape now that our highly talented "bad apples" have been jettisoned.
We are and they were not highly talented.

Yep. People have this man on a pedestal. He had one great season as O.C. on the coattails of Peyton Manning, and has everyone convinced he is a genius QB whisperer. Everyone thought Julius Thomas was gonna be amazing as a Fin, because he was a ProBowler under Gase in Denver. Yea, no. He had a dismal season with Cutler in Chicago......and people were thinking that it would be different as a Dolphin. Ha!

And now everyone thinks we are in better shape now that our highly talented "bad apples" have been jettisoned.

No one's putting anyone on a pedestal. We just don't have any problems with the moves that have been made. No one's ever said he hadn't made any mistakes. We kinda expect it from, ya know, a ROOKIE HC. Some of us are trying to be patient to see how things work out instead of over-criticizing every effing move.

Last edited by a moderator:
The running game looked pretty good after Ajayi left last year and we have seen the O-line perform well/better without Pouncey a few times now. I think I'll wait and see...

Very true......and I'm onboard with releasing Pouncey. But one could argue that the running game opened up because teams weren't stacking the box and their game plans changed when there was no Ajayi. I mean, even Damien Williams had a couple good games before he got injured. I feel like our offensive game plan changed later in the year too. Either way, time will tell. It's simply hard to believe that we are going to be a better team by getting rid of so many starters.

No one's putting anyone on a pedestal. We just don't have any problems with the moves that have been made? No one's ever said he hadn't made any mistakes. We kinda expect it from, ya know, a ROOKIE HC. Some of us are trying to be patient to see how things work out instead of over-criticizing every effing move.
You won't be saying that after next season.

If you say so. I'm in a wait n see mode with Gase. Seems like you've already come to a premature conclusion.
I hope Im wrong. I just have no faith these days.

Very true......and I'm onboard with releasing Pouncey. But one could argue that the running game opened up because teams weren't stacking the box and their game plans changed when there was no Ajayi. I mean, even Damien Williams had a couple good games before he got injured. I feel like our offensive game plan changed later in the year too. Either way, time will tell. It's simply hard to believe that we are going to be a better team by getting rid of so many starters.
they have holes to fill- some new, some old but like everyone has been saying: whatever they were doing didn't work. Suh will be the biggest loss and you really can't replace him but after last year, I will let the process play out before dubbing anything a failure

Once again, not a single thing you posted proves Gase as ego driven. Seems all of the things you listed were football decisions.....and on top of that, most of your entire post was conjecture, nothing factual.

Just reviewing your reply. Prove that its not ego driven. Wheres your articles and facts?
1. Gase is not in charge of who is or was in his roster and was not involved in the Ajayi trade. I am sure there are articles out there that say otherwise. What a laugh.
2. Ajayi is somehow making stupid moves in year 2 but the prior year he is setting or tying NFL records for 200 yard games. Yea must be tough to coach such a dumb talented back who then continued to play well for the Eagles. How did Ajayi exactly say thanks to Gase not Tbum for trading him to the champs.
3. Miami certainly wanted Laundry back like many other teams except after the fact. That fact is they wanted to pay a discounted price now as well as get the discount on the rookie contract. Taking it one step further, why play a Laundry in the last game of the season that you certainly might have won with Moore or Cutler. If Gase wanted to loose that game sit you star players but to put them on the field exposing them to injury in a meaingless game was absurb.
4. Reports this year Suh was stepping up in the locker room helping the likes of Philips.
5. Pouncey was reported ask to take a cut up front and he wanted an extension. While your point here is that would not have been a fan favorite move, you really believe if Gase thought Pouncey was as good as he was making him out to be during the season he wouldn't still be here.
6. Parky like Laundry was a front office screw up that I agree with ya. Should have inked him earlier.
Like I posted earlier every one of these dudes including Thomas were the guys that suited up every game, injured or nor were the locker room leaders, team captains and many pro bowl players. We did not dump just one either we made them all walk the plank. Yea I will stick to my concern regarding Gases ego getting the best of him. This is what you better hope for also if you wish to have a winning season and that all the new assistant coaches can coach the guys on our roster up because Gase sure did not get it done this last year.
Getting back to Moore, your right he has been in the league a long time. You would certainly think all the NFL teams would certainly understand how to defend him especially last year leading upto and into the playoffs when he was setting records for us for completions. Hum like Ajayi this year he suddenly forgot to play football just to make Gase look bad. Yea right. Maybe your right the front office was in charge more than I thought must have extended to the games also.

Just reviewing your reply. Prove that its not ego driven. Wheres your articles and facts?
1. Gase is not in charge of who is or was in his roster and was not involved in the Ajayi trade. I am sure there are articles out there that say otherwise. What a laugh.
2. Ajayi is somehow making stupid moves in year 2 but the prior year he is setting or tying NFL records for 200 yard games. Yea must be tough to coach such a dumb talented back who then continued to play well for the Eagles. How did Ajayi exactly say thanks to Gase not Tbum for trading him to the champs.
3. Miami certainly wanted Laundry back like many other teams except after the fact. That fact is they wanted to pay a discounted price now as well as get the discount on the rookie contract. Taking it one step further, why play a Laundry in the last game of the season that you certainly might have won with Moore or Cutler. If Gase wanted to loose that game sit you star players but to put them on the field exposing them to injury in a meaingless game was absurb.
4. Reports this year Suh was stepping up in the locker room helping the likes of Philips.
5. Pouncey was reported ask to take a cut up front and he wanted an extension. While your point here is that would not have been a fan favorite move, you really believe if Gase thought Pouncey was as good as he was making him out to be during the season he wouldn't still be here.
6. Parky like Laundry was a front office screw up that I agree with ya. Should have inked him earlier.
Like I posted earlier every one of these dudes including Thomas were the guys that suited up every game, injured or nor were the locker room leaders, team captains and many pro bowl players. We did not dump just one either we made them all walk the plank. Yea I will stick to my concern regarding Gases ego getting the best of him. This is what you better hope for also if you wish to have a winning season and that all the new assistant coaches can coach the guys on our roster up because Gase sure did not get it done this last year.
Getting back to Moore, your right he has been in the league a long time. You would certainly think all the NFL teams would certainly understand how to defend him especially last year leading upto and into the playoffs when he was setting records for us for completions. Hum like Ajayi this year he suddenly forgot to play football just to make Gase look bad. Yea right. Maybe your right the front office was in charge more than I thought must have extended to the games also.

Can't prove a negative, especially when you reply with lines like 'I'm sure there is an article out there somewhere that makes my point'.

But a couple of points just for laughs:
* Gase isn't in charge of who is on his roster, the GM is. Oh, he clearly has a voice and it's clear that he passed his point of no return with AA -- that was Gase. But for the record, I didn't see us in the playoffs despite our record number of 200 yard games.
* Only *one* team was willing to pay anything near what Landry wanted -- and even that's not clear since he has yet to sign more than a year long deal. You have posted repeatedly that lots of teams wanted Landry, yet no contract offer even hit the press. Apparently every other offer wanted the same 'home town' discount that Miami wanted. Next year is going to be interesting for Landry. Either he'll still have his Miami like numbers and he will get his contact OR he'll be what a lot of us around here think -- a talent, but not game defining and not worth top 5 numbers.
* The problem with Suh was he wasn't delivering what Miami had hoped for -- being that one player that would take the team over the top. Wasn't his fault, the team wasn't anywhere near 'one player away' from taking on the Patriots. That being said, when you turn to the highest paid defensive player in the league and offer him *MORE* money in order to help the team this year and he declines, one has to ask what's the point of having so much tied up in one player. Frankly, it's pretty clear that Suh read the tea leaves and made the correct choice -- for Suh. He's pocketed his Miami money and now he's getting more from a team that might be a contender.
* It was 100% reasonable for the team to want to see Pouncey healthy for a year before making any kind of commitment to him. The fact that you bring this up again and again just shows this is more about you being right than adding to the conversation.

But even if you are right, that these were all bad decisions (and a lot of us here don't agree with you), how are they ego? They are all clearly business decisions, being made by the 3 people who are paid to make these decision. The phrase for this is *doing their job*. Now, you can argue they are making bad decisions and if you're right, they'll be looking for work sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Obviously all we can do now is wait and see if the moves made by Gase and his molding the team to the "caliber" of players he wants pays off. My opinion & concern is he does not like conflict or "uppity" players and would rather cast off a decent player (or not take one onto the team) who is outspoken.....problem is, some of the best players are outspoken and have an edge that will not be curtailed or, if they are, it will create conflict and morale problems on the whole team. If this is Gase's intention he will fail miserably as he will avoid many marquee, talented players because of not wanting to (or his inability to) deal with them. Plus, that type of rep will turn off other prospective impact players from signing here.

Going back to the Ajayi thing, here's a comment Gase made about him:

"Gase has pointed out that running back Jay Ajayi needs to do a better job with his decision-making, saying he needs to accept four- and five-yard gains and not try to get touchdowns on every run."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-20171028-story.html

Don't know about you guys but give me a hard running RB who wants to "try and get touchdowns on every run" vs. settling for 4 yards and a cloud of dust......sounds like our passing game LOL.

Don't know about you guys but give me a hard running RB who wants to "try and get touchdowns on every run" vs. settling for 4 yards and a cloud of dust......sounds like our passing game LOL.

That is exactly it in a nutshell. You want the guy who is trying to win the game every play, all by himself -- A.K.A. playground football. I want the guy who follows the play as called, even if it only gets 3 or 4 yards *this time* based on all 11 guys on the field doing their part -- A.K.A. professional football.

Last edited:

I love these bullet points lol.

#3 is just so asinine its funny. Literally makes no sense. No coach ever WANTS to lose, let alone try to lose by sitting one of your best players. So he should have just sat everyone since that was a "meaningless" game? You think Landry is going to want to sit out a game when he's trying to get paid as much as possible? Might as well have sat half the team for the last part of the season by that awesome logic. Gase can't win with some people, its obvious.

5... i dont think you typed what you meant

Last edited:
This thread is like watching a bar fight. I can’t even keep track of who’s debating which points any more.

Back
Top Bottom