Gase's Rebuilt Offense is going to shock the NFL | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase's Rebuilt Offense is going to shock the NFL

Ryan T likes continuity to perform well
We just don't have that right now and Ryans going to be rusty to boot. Expecting a good season with our roster churn is asking a lot.

Exactly what did Gase do that gives you the impression that he's heading into "tyrant" territory? You worry that because he traded AA in the middle of the season? What about the possibility that the players themselves were tired of losing (see, I'm trainable...) and could see who was, and wasn't, executing the playbook? Who was, and wasn't, in the film rooms? Who was a loner and who was working with their teammates? Trust me (I know from personal experience), people on a team can see that stuff and while I'm sure there were people who didn't agree with the mid-season trade, they all look to the coach to set the tempo and culture.

This year is a new year. If the team is makes the playoffs, everyone will fall into the 'Gase the genius' or 'Gase was right, things really did need to change' camps. If the team is mediocre or worse, Gase will be an OC somewhere else and we'll start this crap all over again. I hope for *my* teams sake that we trend in the right direction. Not because I'm on "team" Gase per se, but because I believe that that teams do better with long term coaching continuity.
While I agree with the point at the end of your post regarding continuity. My major concern with this franchise has been Tannabum ever since he showed up here as he left Cleveland and the Jets in ruin after his departure and after this season I am concerned with Gases ego clouding his judgement. We made the playoffs under most years with Shula and when we made and finally won a superbowl it was under Shula and a strong GM.

My expectations don't include "shock and awe." I'm more than happy and eager to be "pleasantly surprised."

And considering that "fan" is a derivative of "fanatic" which connotes optimistic enthusiasm, I do consider myself a long-standing "fan" so for me it's easier to hope for the best than to expect the worst. You know: 'turn that frown upside down" LOL

Everyone thinks that with Tannehill back that the dolphins offense will be great!!!! That is a fallacy because Gase wants to be a pass first finess team and relying on Tannehill to be the focus of the pass first offense is a huge mistake. Also the fins still don't have a TE worth a flip and Parker will contribute his usual 3 games before he is hurt . I am not seeing the dolphins suddenly becoming this offensive juggernaut. The only time Gase's offense was any good was when Manning was running it. That is more a reflection of how good Manning was as a QB than Gase was as an offensive coordinator. Tannehill is no Manning!!!

Everyone thinks that with Tannehill back that the dolphins offense will be great!!!! That is a fallacy because Gase wants to be a pass first finess team and relying on Tannehill to be the focus of the pass first offense is a huge mistake. Also the fins still don't have a TE worth a flip and Parker will contribute his usual 3 games before he is hurt . I am not seeing the dolphins suddenly becoming this offensive juggernaut. The only time Gase's offense was any good was when Manning was running it. That is more a reflection of how good Manning was as a QB than Gase was as an offensive coordinator. Tannehill is no Manning!!!
While I mostly agree...let’s wait until after the draft to see what Gase is working with.

Are you sure about that? Didn't Gase run the rock more when he was in Denver and Chicago?

I think that because the Denver offense scored so many points, we automatically assume that they threw it 80% of the time and I don't believe that was the case.

I hope we run Gore and Drake down people's throats, while also hitting DVP/Amendola/Grant/Stills with slant routes across the field all day.

Anybody want to place a bet on if the Eagles resign Ajayi? That normally shuts up the Ajayi fan boys pretty quick.

Literally every team in the NFL passed the ball more than they ran it last year. It's been a pass first league for a while now. Not sure where the "finesse" part of the quote comes into play? What exactly does that even mean?

While I agree with the point at the end of your post regarding continuity. My major concern with this franchise has been Tannabum ever since he showed up here as he left Cleveland and the Jets in ruin after his departure and after this season I am concerned with Gases ego clouding his judgement. We made the playoffs under most years with Shula and when we made and finally won a superbowl it was under Shula and a strong GM.

What exactly has Gase done that suggests ego driven behavior? I keep reading this and it's clearly a meme here, but everyone just posts that comment again and again without backing it up.

Firing AA in the middle of the season? How is that ego -- that's doing his damned job. The coaches job is to teach the players and to create the game plan. The players job is to execute the game plan. How much film does the coach have to watch of someone not hitting the correct hole, how many conversations about it, how much pushback from the player is enough before he has *your* permission to deal with the issue? More importantly, how much impact on the locker room is OK with you?

Landry? The rest of the NFL looked over Landry's last 4 years and only one team though he was worth what he was asking. And that team has the cap freedom to take changes on a player that might, or might not, be an impact player for them. That strongly suggests that the FO made a very reasoned decision on Landry's value and Landry decided to take his services elsewhere.

What exactly has Gase done that suggests ego driven behavior? I keep reading this and it's clearly a meme here, but everyone just posts that comment again and again without backing it up.

Firing AA in the middle of the season? How is that ego -- that's doing his damned job. The coaches job is to teach the players and to create the game plan. The players job is to execute the game plan. How much film does the coach have to watch of someone not hitting the correct hole, how many conversations about it, how much pushback from the player is enough before he has *your* permission to deal with the issue? More importantly, how much impact on the locker room is OK with you?

Landry? The rest of the NFL looked over Landry's last 4 years and only one team though he was worth what he was asking. And that team has the cap freedom to take changes on a player that might, or might not, be an impact player for them. That strongly suggests that the FO made a very reasoned decision on Landry's value and Landry decided to take his services elsewhere.

Firing Ajayi you mean trading last years MVP who reached NFL rushing tecords for basically a high 5th round pick. A guy still on his rookie contract and leaves you with a guy who has missed time his first 2 years in the league and in college that was his reputation also as the backup.
Landry what have you been reading that only the Browns were interested. Tons of teams were interested in Laundry just ran up the price. He had no interest playing any longer for Gase. Last game of the year after he set the record for another 1000 yard season and catching 9tds he got himself ejected out of the game because he just didn't care. Why give your body and possibly get injured for a coach not interested in winning a game playing a 3rd string QB in Fales. Yes giving him away for a 4th this year when you could have cut him and gotten at least that or a 3rd next year was not a smart move, especially when your against the salary cap and are unable to sign similar talent in free agency.
Suh is now a free agent because he was free lancing and we need the monies now.
Pouncey oft injured often praised by Gase sent packing.
Team captain Thomas special teams ace gone.
Cody Parker is a real mystery left to find the highest bidder.
These were your studs last year many pro bowlers.
Now here is what may have happened and was mentioned in a post I read just yesterday.
It goes back to last year with Moore setting records in the playoffs and Gase walking his boy Cutler into that spot.
The players disrespected his decision and thus they are walking the plank.
Notice Moore never got to play any of the real winnable games last year. Yea if Gase really didn't like these guys many would have been jettisoned last year.

Firing Ajayi you mean trading last years MVP who reached NFL rushing tecords for basically a high 5th round pick. A guy still on his rookie contract and leaves you with a guy who has missed time his first 2 years in the league and in college that was his reputation also as the backup.
Landry what have you been reading that only the Browns were interested. Tons of teams were interested in Laundry just ran up the price. He had no interest playing any longer for Gase. Last game of the year after he set the record for another 1000 yard season and catching 9tds he got himself ejected out of the game because he just didn't care. Why give your body and possibly get injured for a coach not interested in winning a game playing a 3rd string QB in Fales. Yes giving him away for a 4th this year when you could have cut him and gotten at least that or a 3rd next year was not a smart move, especially when your against the salary cap and are unable to sign similar talent in free agency.
Now here is what may have happened and was mentioned in a post I read just yesterday.
It goes back to last year with Moore setting records in the playoffs and Gase walking his boy Cutler into that spot.
Notice Moore never got to play any of the real winnable games last year. Yea if Gase really didn't like these guys many would have been jettisoned last year.
Once again, not a single thing you posted proves Gase as ego driven. Seems all of the things you listed were football decisions.....and on top of that, most of your entire post was conjecture, nothing factual.

More the the point, if this was supposed to be a response to my question of where is the ego, then I'm totally confused. This is a list of decisions you don't like. As a response to where is 'Gase's ego' evident, it has several flaws, not the least of which is you didn't make any case for why any of those decisions were ego driven.
  1. Last I checked, Gase is the head coach and don't have control over who is on the roster -- that would fall to the FO.
  2. How Gase dealt with AA: He was the team MVP, *last year*. I won't repeat what I wrote earlier, because things like hitting the correct hole and running the play that was called simply don't matter as much as his hard yards and highlight reel plays to you.
  3. Your response about Landry is fantastic. I claim that only *one* team was interested in Landry at his price. You respond with "you are wrong, lots of teams were interested, just not at his price". And one of those teams was Miami. You also are assuming that we would have gotten a 3rd for him next year. There have been plenty of posts that point out that wasn't a given and even if true, a 4th this year is valued the same as a 3rd next year. It's a wash. Oh, and that's another FO call.
  4. Suh was an interesting plan that just didn't work out. Pressure up the middle is Brady's kryptonite, so get the best in the NFL and we'll be in the playoffs. Yet another example of 'we're just one player away' thinking. But because it was such an expensive plan, not working out was really bad for this team. The idea of cutting him now vs. next year is interesting. If judged solely by his on field play, it wasn't a great move. If judged by his willingness to be a team player and impact on the team overall: his being a strong locker room leader, taking *more* money to help the team out this year, etc, it's more of a balanced decision and another FO call
  5. The reporting on Pouncey was he wanted the team to extend him -- make a longer term commitment. If the team did that, the stadium would have been burned down during the riots. Another FO call.
  6. Parker is surprising, but my guess is they made an offer and he wanted more. My other guess is someone whispered in his agents ear that was was available. Another FO call.
I read that article about Moore too. The reality is that Moore is a career backup with injury concerns. Don't take my word for it, look at how many opportunities he has been offered to compete for a starters job. I'll save you some time searching for an answer: the answer is zero. Also, as soon as the world knew he was the starter, all his limitations became painfully obvious. Yes he won a couple of games for us. But he can't win a season for anyone. I admire the players loyal to Moore. He clearly made an impression in the locker room and that is exactly what you would expect from a really good career backup. Given his known limitations, the FO AND Gase made the decision to go with a QB that *had* starting level skills. Turns out he was washed up and had physical limitations that he didn't have before. Good plan, bad luck.

But doing that isn't about ego. That's about judging someone on your roster and deciding they didn't have the tools required, which is what they are paid to do. While it's pretty clear the Cutler experiment was a total, abject failure, that doesn't mean we would have been better off with Moore.

Overall, your response really boils down to: Here are the decisions I don't agree with and instead of thinking that Gase and the FO made their best decisions, you attribute them to ego. I want to thank you for taking the time to write such a textbook example of ego.

Once again, not a single thing you posted proves Gase as ego driven. Seems all of the things you listed were football decisions.....and on top of that, most of your entire post was conjecture, nothing factual.

Agreed!

So...it's all on Ajayi I guess. Any chance Gase was/is being "childish" casting off talent that he doesn't see eye to eye with but who can still help the team??? Oh, I forgot, Gase is an unquestioned guru who shall lead the way.

Gase gets WAY too much credit for being a good coach or guru when he hasn't done much of anything to deserve it.

Yep. People have this man on a pedestal. He had one great season as O.C. on the coattails of Peyton Manning, and has everyone convinced he is a genius QB whisperer. Everyone thought Julius Thomas was gonna be amazing as a Fin, because he was a ProBowler under Gase in Denver. Yea, no. He had a dismal season with Cutler in Chicago......and people were thinking that it would be different as a Dolphin. Ha!

And now everyone thinks we are in better shape now that our highly talented "bad apples" have been jettisoned.

Yep. People have this man on a pedestal. He had one great season as O.C. on the coattails of Peyton Manning, and has everyone convinced he is a genius QB whisperer. Everyone thought Julius Thomas was gonna be amazing as a Fin, because he was a ProBowler under Gase in Denver. Yea, no. He had a dismal season with Cutler in Chicago......and people were thinking that it would be different as a Dolphin. Ha!

And now everyone thinks we are in better shape now that our highly talented "bad apples" have been jettisoned.
The running game looked pretty good after Ajayi left last year and we have seen the O-line perform well/better without Pouncey a few times now. I think I'll wait and see...

Back
Top Bottom