Gase's Rebuilt Offense is going to shock the NFL | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase's Rebuilt Offense is going to shock the NFL

The fins need a physical running game to set the tone early and to run out the clock to close out games.
Not sure a big back is in our plans but I would take one in the draft.
With the additions and subtraction along the oline, it should be improved after they start to gel.
IMHO, RT was at his best with a strong running game and his occasional keepers and roll outs.
Hopefully they can find all the parts this year.

How is it a bad comparison? Sparano, goes to the playoffs, with a better record than Gase, (actually wins the division unlike Gase) and then goes 7-9 the next season. Gase goes 10-6 and the playoffs and then follows up with a 6-10 season. Looks like the norm for the Dolphins. But yeah you can’t see why someone would be pessimistic here.

The good news is (in terms of performance proof required) Gase & TBum et al have nowhere to hide this season! If Gase is behind the moves we're making (and I would certainly 100% expect that -- in terms of direction and positional priorities) and for sure Ross knows that -- well at least Gase has been given the opportunity to bake the cake with his own ingredients!

I am not as bearish on the roster as some peeps around here -- but I am concerned about getting the MOST out of what we have -- and we definitely have some talent -- albeit not as "integrated" (balanced) as ideal. But first and foremost, we have addressed the OL fairly aggressively and I for one am 100% behind making the OL a top shelf unit -- which helps EVERY skill player on O and indirectly benefits the D! As much as football has supposedly changed OL play remains fundamental. My opinion. Of course.

Beyond that -- the OL can dramatically help (or hinder) THill's health and longevity -- so if he is a legit NFL coitusback keep the vagina clean! and don't let the DL bigs run all over that rascal! I mean this has been the Cheats formula for years -- keep the Lady upright on her high heels and make sure your OL is really good as pass pro holding and dosey doe promenade bring that bitch home!

BNF.

The fins need a physical running game to set the tone early and to run out the clock to close out games.
Not sure a big back is in our plans but I would take one in the draft.
With the additions and subtraction along the oline, it should be improved after they start to gel.
IMHO, RT was at his best with a strong running game and his occasional keepers and roll outs.
Hopefully they can find all the parts this year.
De'Veon Smith baby! Lol

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer here, but we have seen 2 years of Gase's offenses.......none of which seemed to be juggernaughts by any means. Success of both of these offenses depended highly on 2 players, who aren't even on the team now.

People always want to praise him and say he is an offensive guru, but I'm just not seeing it. Play calling was questionable, play designs were suspect. And honestly, in 2016 we won at least 6 games by less than a TD. We could have just as easily been 6-10 that year instead of 10-6.

I guess we will see this year now that he has "his" guys playing.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer here, but we have seen 2 years of Gase's offenses.......none of which seemed to be juggernaughts by any means. Success of both of these offenses depended highly on 2 players, who aren't even on the team now.

People always want to praise him and say he is an offensive guru, but I'm just not seeing it. Play calling was questionable, play designs were suspect. And honestly, in 2016 we won at least 6 games by less than a TD. We could have just as easily been 6-10 that year instead of 10-6.

I guess we will see this year now that he has "his" guys playing.
By "his" guys you mean ones who know where to line up and run the actual play that was called?
Yes we will see.

I was down on Gase last year for a few things. One, being out-coached, although by some very good coaches. Two, early he was conservative and predictable. Three, bubbles. Four, dead ball penalties and players not knowing their assignments. Number two improved late in the season. Numbers, 3-4, I'm optimistic can be corrected. Number one? Won't know until Jan, '19

How about the defense being god awful? Even if him and Bilbo Baggins come up with a great scheme, and even if Tannehill shows no rust and continues where he left off a year and a half ago, and if we stay relatively healthy and get the most out of our offensive cast-offs, there is still that defense.

By "his" guys you mean ones who know where to line up and run the actual play that was called?
Yes we will see.

Imagine how many millions of yards Landry would gained had he known the play book. Dude gets $16 million and doesn't even know where to line up, pretty impressive if you ask me.

Imagine how many millions of yards Landry would gained had he known the play book. Dude gets $16 million and doesn't even know where to line up, pretty impressive if you ask me.
Not impressive just highly overpaid.

I would say very impressive considering he lead our team in catches yards and TD WITH A **** LINE AND **** QB.
It is time to move on from Landry.

I'm pretty optimistic about this offense, for one thing, half of the guys are one broken tackle away from a TD from anywhere on the field... Stills, Grant and Wilson arent getting caught in a foot race... And I expect those 3 guys to share a big chunk of the targets...

I don't really know what to expect. It's crazy that Gase has led the most potent offense in league history (606 points) but also has led one of the Dolphins worst (281 points). We just haven't been able to score enough points since Marino and Shula left.

606 points, no wonder Gase was so peeved last year.

I don't really know what to expect. It's crazy that Gase has led the most potent offense in league history (606 points) but also has led one of the Dolphins worst (281 points). We just haven't been able to score enough points since Marino and Shula left.

606 points, no wonder Gase was so peeved last year.

That is the same guy that has been so emphatic about the problem NOT being Tannehill. He has not been shy about calling out or getting rid of players. This year will be interesting, stars or not.....

That is the same guy that has been so emphatic about the problem NOT being Tannehill. He has not been shy about calling out or getting rid of players. This year will be interesting, stars or not.....

If it doesn't work this year bet he will call out Ryan next.

Back
Top Bottom