Geno Smith - set to IMPLODE! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Geno Smith - set to IMPLODE!

lol you went 7-9 last year and we went 6-10...and we split the season series. Please explain to me how you are so much better then us.

On paper you have a stronger roster right now but we've all seen in the past that just because you win the off season doesnt mean your going to be good. Ask the Eagles.

Who's your starting RB? Or TE? Or WRs outside of Holmes? Losing Revis isn't a big deal? Keep in mind Sanchez will either be starting or he'll be traded and Geno Smith might start. Those are good scenarios to you?

I have no clue how the Dolphins are going to play this year but I like their chances more.

Who's your starting RB? Or TE? Or WRs outside of Holmes? Losing Revis isn't a big deal? Keep in mind Sanchez will either be starting or he'll be traded and Geno Smith might start. Those are good scenarios to you?

I have no clue how the Dolphins are going to play this year but I like their chances more.

We have upgraded at RB w/ Goodson & Ivory, we still don't have a TE but our healthy weapons will be MUCH better than last year w/ Holmes coming back, Hill developing, a good slot guy in Kerley(just not a #1 like he was last year) and hopefully the return of Braylon.

Defensively we should be strong up front and we have a pretty good guy running the D.

Ceiling could be in the playoff hunt, floor could be 2-3 wins. Most likely we'll win 5-6 and hopefully have some building blocks for the future getting experience.

We have upgraded at RB w/ Goodson & Ivory, we still don't have a TE but our healthy weapons will be MUCH better than last year w/ Holmes coming back, Hill developing, a good slot guy in Kerley(just not a #1 like he was last year) and hopefully the return of Braylon.

Defensively we should be strong up front and we have a pretty good guy running the D.

Ceiling could be in the playoff hunt, floor could be 2-3 wins. Most likely we'll win 5-6 and hopefully have some building blocks for the future getting experience.

How exactly are Ivory and Goodson upgrades?

Don't have a TE but it's okay. Those aren't needed.

And now Hill and Kerley are going to be good b/c they're going to utilized properly. Sure.

We'll see. I suspect that the Jets could employ Rob Schneider as a WR and you'd find something positive to say about it but I digress :lol:

And now Hill and Kerley are going to be good b/c they're going to utilized properly. Sure.

We'll see. I suspect that the Jets could employ Rob Schneider as a WR and you'd find something positive to say about it but I digress :lol:

Relax phinz, the jest thought shonne Greene was a franchise running back.

Relax phinz, the jest thought shonne Greene was a franchise running back.

actually there was nothing wrong with Greene it was replacing a decent OC with a completely incomepetent one. I think they hired a solid guy now

i dont think they upgraded runningback although Ivory has potential
Hill I think could be better with a good corrdinator and better play from sanchez
Kerley is a solid guy probably like Gibson with better after the catch ability. Thats an ok three with Holmes.
Cumberland is the huge question mark

Hill I think could be better with a good corrdinator and better play from sanchez
Kerley is a solid guy probably like Gibson with better after the catch ability. Thats an ok three with Holmes.

Sanchez, Ivory, and Cumberland. If that brews confidence in the fan base I think they'll find the positive in anything.

Sanchez, Ivory, and Cumberland. If that brews confidence in the fan base I think they'll find the positive in anything.

Ivory should instill just as much confidence as Ivory but Sanchez is a goner

If they stay healthy it's a big upgrade, you haven't seen either play clearly.

Hill was a rookie, I think it is reasonable to expect him to get better.

kerley is good in the proper role, last year he was our #1, he's not a #1. He's a good slot guy.

I say the team will win 5-6 games and I am being a homer? do yo guys read what I post?

ill I think could be better with a good corrdinator and better play from sanchez

Cumberland is a nice backup, I don't know why we didn't bring Keller back.

yeah, a guy averaging 5 YPC for his career should never inspire confidence.

Sanchez or whoever the QB is won't be as bad last year, the OL appears upgraded through FA/draft. the WRs are much better if healthy, the RBs are better, TE is a major question mark. Our O should be better(they better be), our D should be similar. Will our STs improve? that kind of gets lost b/c of how bad our O was but I have never seen a worse year from STs

actually there was nothing wrong with Greene it was replacing a decent OC with a completely incomepetent one. I think they hired a solid guy now

I disagree. I never liked Greene, when they were going through their SB run, I thought he was the weak link for their offense. They wanted to ground and pound with good wr's and a good tight end.

I disagree. I never liked Greene, when they were going through their SB run, I thought he was the weak link for their offense. They wanted to ground and pound with good wr's and a good tight end.

he played very well during that run. Ultimately he proved to be a good complimentary back and not a feature back. he should thrive in Ten.

Nver saw him as wink link on team.

If they stay healthy it's a big upgrade, you haven't seen either play clearly.

Clearly. Because I'm not enamored with either of those guys means I'm the idiot who doesn't watch the games.

Hill was a rookie, I think it is reasonable to expect him to get better.

It's possible

kerley is good in the proper role, last year he was our #1, he's not a #1. He's a good slot guy.

If he wasn't the slot guy last year how do you know he's a good slot guy?

I say the team will win 5-6 games and I am being a homer? do yo guys read what I post?

You're not saying they will win 5-6 games. You do the infamous predicting as giving their lowest possible outcome to their highest. In this case, 5-6 wins or contending for a playoff spot. This way you can't be wrong either way.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

yeah, a guy averaging 5 YPC for his career should never inspire confidence.

Why did you say the Jets have no TE then?

Sanchez or whoever the QB is won't be as bad last year, the OL appears upgraded through FA/draft. the WRs are much better if healthy, the RBs are better, TE is a major question mark. Our O should be better(they better be), our D should be similar. Will our STs improve? that kind of gets lost b/c of how bad our O was but I have never seen a worse year from STs

Why 5-6 wins then if most of the team is better?

Clearly. Because I'm not enamored with either of those guys means I'm the idiot who doesn't watch the games.

It's possible

If he wasn't the slot guy last year how do you know he's a good slot guy?

You're not saying they will win 5-6 games. You do the infamous predicting as giving their lowest possible outcome to their highest. In this case, 5-6 wins or contending for a playoff spot. This way you can't be wrong either way.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Why did you say the Jets have no TE then?

Why 5-6 wins then if most of the team is better?

You don't have to be enamored, I didn't say we signed Barry Sanders and Jim Brown but they are an upgrade if healthy. They combine to average 4.9 YPC for their careers, Greene averaged 4.2. Greens' career high in recs is 30, Goodson's is 40. w/ the new OC we will be throwing to backs more, him and McKnight should be good options for the QB.

he was very good as a rookie 2 years ago.

this was my quote, read it slower:

I am expecting 5-6 wins.

here's that reading thing again, the 5YPC was about ivory.

we will have to adjust w/o revis, we have young guys on the DL, we may have a rookie corner starting, still have issues at LB, OL will have to come together w/ 2 new starters, QB will have to regain confidence, WRs will have to stay healthy. I think we could be better, things change quickly in this league but I am nio going into the season expecting to win 10. If we do great but that is not my expectation.

Cant argue about the RBs being an upgrade but the issue is the OL. If Garrard is the starter he will be able to counter the weakness but Sanchez and Smith will clearly struggle.

Back
Top Bottom