Getting back Wes Welker? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Getting back Wes Welker?

Thats where your wrong, my friend. Welker never played as big of a role in Miami as Camarillo has, and the seasons not even over yet.

Well thats because he had Chambers and Booker ahead of him. Camirillo never started over these guys either, I mean lets put it in proper context. How many third receivers have done this much damage in Miami.

Thats where your wrong, my friend. Welker never played as big of a role in Miami as Camarillo has, and the seasons not even over yet.

Give me a break.

If you took a poll of coaches and asked them who they would rather have, Camarillo or Welker, who do you think would win?

Well thats because he had Chambers and Booker ahead of him. Camirillo never started over these guys either, I mean lets put it in proper context. How many third receivers have done this much damage in Miami.

Chambers during his rookie season is the last i recall.

Give me a break.

If you took a poll of coaches and asked them who they would rather have, Camarillo or Welker, who do you think would win?

Ok dude i'm not saying whos better, i'm just stating that during his tenure here, Welker never contributed nearly as much as what Camarillo has been. Whether its on the basis of opportunity to start or not, bottom line is that Camarillo has done more for us.

And as far as the whole theory that "oh well he didint start so that means he wont get thrown to as much" is a crock. Brady is a tremendous talent at quarterback and thats one thing that Wes never had here. Furthermore, he was not a number 1 or number 2 WR, but i promise you with the talent overload that the Pats had on offense, Wes welker was the lesser part of the opposing defenses focus, so we can argue THATS why he was so successful.

But most importantly - New England was an extremely "Pass Heavy" team at the time, and that paradigm is still withstanding because they run out of Shot Gun spread 3+ wide formation more than any other team in the league, even without Brady, so he was technically a "starter" in my eyes because the gay-try-outs ran much more 3+ wide formations than they did 2 wide.

If you would have polled the coaches about his value BEFORE he left miami they would have not been that high. We all knew he'd have success in New England, but no one in their wildest dreams would think he could sniff 1000+ yards and have the most catches.

I agree with you 100 percent. I love how everyone thinks welker is the second coming of Largent or something. Fact is he had 67 catches for 687 yards his last year in miami. Lets poll GMs and ask if they think Miami got good value for him in that trade and I would say that most would make that trade without a second thought. Moss was gotten for less. What miami did with those picks is on them but knowing what I know now I would STILL make that trade no doubt. Welker is a solid receiver but he is not top 10 or even top 20 IMO.

In fact compare Camirillo's 3rd year stats with welkers 3rd year and they are almost the same....in Camirillo is on pace to be better. I am not saying that Cam is better than Welker but losing Welker is not a bad thing.

No one is dogging Wes.. he was good, but based on his success as the lonely slot receiver in a Moss and Stallworth-stretched backfield, he's now being viewed through a revisionist looking glass. When he was here, he did have Chambers as a deep threat, McMichael as another option, Booker of course and a QB who could actually throw to Chambers in Frerrotte.

Bracket that against Greg Camarillo who's become the obvious prime receiver in a crowded, condensed backfield, and what he's accomplished with his crisp route-running and physicality in traffic vs Wes is even more impressive. One has to wonder what numbers Greg, instead of Wes would have put up last year for NE

15dkh21-1.gif

Which guy has the better numbers on third down conversions?

No one is dogging Wes.. he was good, but based on his success as the lonely slot receiver in a Moss and Stallworth-stretched backfield, he's now being viewed through a revisionist looking glass. When he was here, he did have Chambers as a deep threat, McMichael as another option, Booker of course and a QB who could actually throw to Chambers in Frerrotte.

Bracket that against Greg Camarillo who's become the obvious prime receiver in a crowded, condensed backfield, and what he's accomplished with his crisp route-running and physicality in traffic vs Wes is even more impressive. One has to wonder what numbers Greg, instead of Wes would have put up last year for NE

15dkh21-1.gif

i for one dont wonder. It always harder to do than people want to realize. Welker had as great a season as any receiver can expect.. Its like the silly arguement that Ronnie Brown if he had the line that Johnson had would have had the same if not better season than the 1700 yard season.

he looked better in a phins uniform, but he did not play better in a fins uniform... sucks we couldn't keep him around.. just bad proir management...

It was NOT bad management. Wes was wayyyyy too expensive to keep for a slot receiver because of the contract the patriots offered him. So instead of paying him something like 6 or 7 mil a year, we took the 2nd and 7th round picks...

There should be a quiz or something about dolphins history for new members. :rolleyes:

I dont care if we get him back but Camirillo is not an upgrade over Welker. Welker showed as much as heart as dolphin as any player. Dont think anby other player including the now much beloved Camirillo would turn down that contract. pure silliness that people now hate him.

I don't think it's silly that fans hate him, or like me, that don't respect him. Zach is all class and the fact that he went to another team besides the Pats showed you where his loyalty was. Welker doesn't have the kind of integrity and loyalty to earn my respect as evidenced by ditching the fins when they were down and out in favor of a division team that happened to be better, that is like spitting on the fans to me. I agree with the above poster **** Wes Welker.

PS Your moving rotating sig is completely annoying.

I don't think it's silly that fans hate him, or like me, that don't respect him. Zach is all class and the fact that he went to another team besides the Pats showed you where his loyalty was. Welker doesn't have the kind of integrity and loyalty to earn my respect as evidenced by ditching the fins when they were down and out in favor of a division team that happened to be better, that is like spitting on the fans to me. I agree with the above poster **** Wes Welker.

PS Your moving rotating sig is completely annoying.

well you disagree. I find it silly that fans hate a player for signing with a team that offered much more than we would offer. Hmm his choices were Minnesota or NE, which would you take. The dolphins offered him 1.35 million for the year as thier tender, Im sure you would pass up six million in bonus for that. Zach went to the cowboys because he is from Texas but guarantee you if his only choices were New England and Minny he would have done the same thing. Not even sure where some fans get this loyalty thing from, from the most part it does not exist. Team say screw players all the time much like we did with Zach this offseason. i would love to meet the player that is so loyal that he will turn down three times the money along with the security of a long term contract for a one year tender of 1.35 million. That NFL player does not exist.

As for my sig, well I guess thats another issue you have lol.

well you disagree. I find it silly that fans hate a player for signing with a team that offered much more than we would offer. Hmm his choices were Minnesota or NE, which would you take. The dolphins offered him 1.35 million for the year as thier tender, Im sure you would pass up six million in bonus for that. Zach went to the cowboys because he is from Texas but guarantee you if his only choices were New England and Minny he would have done the same thing. Not even sure where some fans get this loyalty thing from, from the most part it does not exist. Team say screw players all the time much like we did with Zach this offseason. i would love to meet the player that is so loyal that he will turn down three times the money along with the security of a long term contract for a one year tender of 1.35 million. That NFL player does not exist.

As for my sig, well I guess thats another issue you have lol.

I wouldn't go to Minny even if I were paid to live there. No offense but I am a Florida dude and nothing compares to our State.

It was NOT bad management. Wes was wayyyyy too expensive to keep for a slot receiver because of the contract the patriots offered him. So instead of paying him something like 6 or 7 mil a year, we took the 2nd and 7th round picks...

There should be a quiz or something about dolphins history for new members. :rolleyes:

I don't think Welker was allowed to another team due to our team being unable to keep him. They offered us some good compensation and Miami knew that the patriots were going to bite in for what was a succesful move from both teams. Welker managed to have a great season while we drafted for the future. Receivers will able be replaced in this league due to the talent that comes from college so our team did not see him as a long term fix for our issues.

Back
Top Bottom