Getting back Wes Welker? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Getting back Wes Welker?

I don't think Welker was allowed to another team due to our team being unable to keep him. They offered us some good compensation and Miami knew that the patriots were going to bite in for what was a succesful move from both teams. Welker managed to have a great season while we drafted for the future. Receivers will able be replaced in this league due to the talent that comes from college so our team did not see him as a long term fix for our issues.

we were probably wrong but we got real good compensation.

well you disagree. I find it silly that fans hate a player for signing with a team that offered much more than we would offer. Hmm his choices were Minnesota or NE, which would you take. The dolphins offered him 1.35 million for the year as thier tender, Im sure you would pass up six million in bonus for that. Zach went to the cowboys because he is from Texas but guarantee you if his only choices were New England and Minny he would have done the same thing. Not even sure where some fans get this loyalty thing from, from the most part it does not exist. Team say screw players all the time much like we did with Zach this offseason. i would love to meet the player that is so loyal that he will turn down three times the money along with the security of a long term contract for a one year tender of 1.35 million. That NFL player does not exist.

As for my sig, well I guess thats another issue you have lol.

I don't hate the guy but people need to move on. Damn you'd think this is a Jennifer Anniston/Denise Richards jilted lover site.

id like to see how our new #83 can progress more than gettin our old #83

I don't understand all the hate towards Wes. I would certainly take him. If the price was right. And I think he has the ability to beat out many of the wideouts we have now.

Plus we have given Ricky so many chances. All Welker did was go to a place where he could get paid and get a ring. I don't blame him for it. Just as many of you do not blame Ricky for leaving to smoke weed. Granted different situations. For me Ricky leaving to smoke something illegal was worse. But it's all in the past. If there is anyway to make team better go for it. And that includes a Welker if he was to be had at a decent price.

welker had parting shots for the organization on the way out. **** him. you're welcome for the opportunity to be picked up as a FA and given a chance to earn a luctrative living, you piece of sh**

Well thats because he had Chambers and Booker ahead of him. Camirillo never started over these guys either, I mean lets put it in proper context. How many third receivers have done this much damage in Miami.

Yeah uhhm it works both ways. With Camarillo the opponents can key on him because other than Ginn, who is still very green, picking up the game, Camarillo's our main legit threat, thus opposing teams key on him often.

Welker has had the luxury of having true #1s/2s to absorb all the coverage, leaving him free to roam in space and rack up yardage.

Camarillo is every bit the player than Welker was for Miami, not only that but he's more versatile. You can just as soon put him in the slot as you could put him wide and he'd be effective.

I guess it will take until we get a true #1 in here to help the boneheads realize what a gem we've uncovered in Camarillo, and what a fine player he's turned out to be.

Yeah uhhm it works both ways. With Camarillo the opponents can key on him because other than Ginn, who is still very green, picking up the game, Camarillo's our main legit threat, thus opposing teams key on him often.

Welker has had the luxury of having true #1s/2s to absorb all the coverage, leaving him free to roam in space and rack up yardage.

Camarillo is every bit the player than Welker was for Miami, not only that but he's more versatile. You can just as soon put him in the slot as you could put him wide and he'd be effective.

I guess it will take until we get a true #1 in here to help the boneheads realize what a gem we've uncovered in Camarillo, and what a fine player he's turned out to be.

Yes but Welker still could do more things for you. If I remember right aside from receiving and returning kicks he also kicked a field goal also. And if you have a true number one and number two then your third guy should not be the leader in receiving for you.

And personally I hate the comparisons because they are both fine players that have played for us .

you guys eriously blame wes for leaving and taking parting shot while leaving? The orginizatios was in shambles. being ran into the ground by both gm and coach. How many ppl here take shots still at past management?

Heck unless you are a future hall of famer you are not safe on any team. And sometimes that does not mean crap. Look what we did with zach and chargers did with seau. but yea all players should turn down money to stay with a team. That is halarious!!!! I just don't get that thinking. specially with a team that had pathertic head coach's like we had. everyone has their own opinion.

Wes Welker is a scrappy receiver that has the ability to catch the football and run all over the field.. But I have to ask you.. DO YOU REALLY WANT HIM BACK???

This is a ONCE Dolphin player that publicly stated while standing on our sideline, he would fantasize what it would be like to be on the Patriots sidelines.. He got his wish, he is now a Patriot and if he ever played with another team, I doubt his heart would be there..

Let him retire as Patsy...

He didnt show much class with that statement but can you blame the guy? I dont think any football player on our team didnt wish to themselfs that they wanted to be on a superbowl team. Welker was and is awsome and it sucks he isnt with us. How many other WR's do you know that can step in and kick field goals?

Back
Top Bottom