GINN - I hate this quote | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GINN - I hate this quote

I think Cam labeled him as a returner because that's all that's expected of him at first. Why destroy the kid with the pressure of being a game breaking WR? Why put him in the game, his rookie season, almost every down?

We didn't spend a #9 on a returner, come on now. We used a #9 on a WR and returner that will be used as a returner while he learns the WR spot. The #9 is the for the game changing dual threat at WR and returner in one player.

Benny,

I am not arguing the point of whether or not he will be good in 2-3 years. My point is that u don't spend a #9 on a returner and even if u do, u don't tell your fans that's what u did. u tell them he will compete for a WR spot and make him beat out Booker, CC or DH.

i by no means am overreacting. i have waited over a month to speak up.

Would you say that Hester would not have been worth a #9 pick?
He was pretty much soley a returner, and he had immediate impact. Teams had special game plans just to account for him. Sounds like a top 10 pick to me. We don't know yet if Ginn wil have the same impact, but it sure sounds like he has the potential to.

Rookie will take time to grow into thier WR role. Normally at best they start as a NO 2

By reading this tell me that Cam wants hm to make in impact right away and that will as a return man, then he will grow into that WR role.

This would not concern me as much as him not being signed yet. Granted not many players are signed but you never know how hard it will be to get these young 1st rounders signed.

Rare logic from a Bills fan. I can't believe i agree with a Bills fan

We spent an #9 on a playmaker!

good point

we can run some special plays for this guy in the meantime that get him in space

imagine plays where Ronnie, LBooker and Ginn are on the field at the same time

we never split Ronnie out while Saban was in charge, if we get decent pass protection there will be fireworks

Do me a favor. Please TRY to list 10 WR's in the last 10 years who were difference makers at WR their rookie years(1000 yards receiving)... when you get stuck at 6 put up a post that you overeacted because WR's take 2-3 years to blossom, and because ginn can come in right now and make an impact at returning while he's learning it's a Double ++....

TEN (enjoy)

Randy Moss - 1313 YDs / 17 TDs

Anquan Boldin - 1377 YDs / 8 TDs

Marques Colston - 1038 YDs / 8 TDs

Andre Johnson - 976 YDs / 4 TDs

Chris Chambers - 883 YDs / 7 TDs

Keyshawn Johnson – 844 YDs / 8 TDs

Marvin Harrison - 836 YDs / 8 TDs

Roy Williams - 817 YDs / 8 TDs

Larry Fitzgerald - 780 YDs / 8 TDs

Tory Holt - 788 YDs / 6 TDs

EDIT 11 - Lee Evans - 843 YDs / 9 TDs

"He's allowed to have playbooks and that kind of stuff," Cameron said. "He's coming here as a returner first. He'll need to do a lot of studying for that. And then a receiver and he'll learn. Like I said, we've been through this with other guys."

I am not a regular poster, but this makes my blood boil. I have to admit, I was not thrilled w/ the Ginn pick @ #9, but it grew on me. I know I did not want Quinn at #9. I was hoping Levi Brown dropped to us and when he didn’t I was hoping for Patrick Willis to come our way. But, by no means do you draft a returner at #9 and pay him #9 money! At #9, you need a guy that can come in and start at their drafted position, especially on a team that has not made the playoffs in years! I know this subject has been brought up a million timnes but I just could not keep quiet after the head coach stated that we drafted a kick returner at #9.

Here’s to hoping I am wrong about this and that his ability to give us the field position needed makes the difference in our games!
I hear you. I've been saying the same thing.

"He's allowed to have playbooks and that kind of stuff," Cameron said. "He's coming here as a returner first. He'll need to do a lot of studying for that. And then a receiver and he'll learn. Like I said, we've been through this with other guys."

I am not a regular poster, but this makes my blood boil. I have to admit, I was not thrilled w/ the Ginn pick @ #9, but it grew on me. I know I did not want Quinn at #9. I was hoping Levi Brown dropped to us and when he didn’t I was hoping for Patrick Willis to come our way. But, by no means do you draft a returner at #9 and pay him #9 money! At #9, you need a guy that can come in and start at their drafted position, especially on a team that has not made the playoffs in years! I know this subject has been brought up a million timnes but I just could not keep quiet after the head coach stated that we drafted a kick returner at #9.

Here’s to hoping I am wrong about this and that his ability to give us the field position needed makes the difference in our games!
i agree. if cameron drafted Ginn first and fourmost as a retun man , then he did a big big mistake.

Relax...Cameron was simply trying to temper everyone's expectations about Ted Ginn. Fans are prone to overreaction (hard to believe, I know...) so Cam wanted everyone to know that Ginn will be brought along slowly.

It is tough enough being a rookie WR but even harder if the fans expect you to be a savior. Let's give Ginn, and all these rookies, some time to DEVELOP....

I believe that is what Cameron was trying to do with this quote.

Do me a favor. Please TRY to list 10 WR's in the last 10 years who were difference makers at WR their rookie years(1000 yards receiving)... when you get stuck at 6 put up a post that you overeacted because WR's take 2-3 years to blossom, and because ginn can come in right now and make an impact at returning while he's learning it's a Double ++....

very well said :D

If you had a crystal ball and could predict that Devin Hester would have had the type of season he had last year, would you spend a #9 pick on him?

i think ginn will be fine.....but he'll have to get adjusted watch him return one game # 1 thoguh

If you had a crystal ball and could predict that Devin Hester would have had the type of season he had last year, would you spend a #9 pick on him?

Sure would.

And now knowing Hester is going to play offense and become a weapon.

If Mr.Ginn does for the Miami Dolphins what Devin Hester does for the Chicago Bears we are all going to be real happy!

More the reason not to draft him at #9, few WR's are drafted that high and few of those are worth it. I already see the same arguments for Ginn as Ronnie Brown both pro and Conns, 99% of the cons will be OK player, don't hate him but was drafted higher than his value. Of course pros will worship anything aqua and find any reason under the sun to excuse for the Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom