GINN - I hate this quote | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GINN - I hate this quote

i agree but i say to heck with that play this playmaker stop farting aroung play the superstar

TEN (enjoy)

Randy Moss - 1313 YDs / 17 TDs

Anquan Boldin - 1377 YDs / 8 TDs

Marques Colston - 1038 YDs / 8 TDs

Andre Johnson - 976 YDs / 4 TDs

Chris Chambers - 883 YDs / 7 TDs

Keyshawn Johnson – 844 YDs / 8 TDs

Marvin Harrison - 836 YDs / 8 TDs

Roy Williams - 817 YDs / 8 TDs

Larry Fitzgerald - 780 YDs / 8 TDs

Tory Holt - 788 YDs / 6 TDs

EDIT 11 - Lee Evans - 843 YDs / 9 TDs

Benny = pwned :ninja:

For a #9 pick and #9 money, he better come in and run back PR and KO and get a 1000 yards.

I can't believe how everybody is fine with us taking a PR at #9. Not just fine, but already making excuses for him just in case he sucks. We could have traded down in that draft and really cleaned house on the OL, and still got a good PR out of all this.

The way Cam immediately shipped out Wes, leaves me to believe that he already had that pick made when he got here. And don't give me the big BS story on how Randy was the one making the picks and blah, blah, blah. We all know the coach has a huge part in who gets picked and who stays year after year. At least on this team they do.

I hope it all works out fine and Ginn is the next best thing to sliced bread, because that's just about what he is gonna' have to be to impress me at this point. If and when he does become a solid WR/PR (solid meaning that he contributes as a second WR and is successful by #2 standards, plus runs back kicks) I'll be the first one to put up a thread stating how wrong I was and everybody can give me the big "I told you so".

I knew this back when Boomer was pushin this guy. What in heck did anyone really think was going to happen? You cant be the return guy full time and expect him to learn the offense and the routes when the guy is not the greatest route runner and also graduate from Ohio State.

Not to mention his ankle which no one else in creation thinks its going to be a problem yet it kept him out for a long time.

"He's allowed to have playbooks and that kind of stuff," Cameron said. "He's coming here as a returner first. He'll need to do a lot of studying for that. And then a receiver and he'll learn. Like I said, we've been through this with other guys."

I am not a regular poster, but this makes my blood boil. I have to admit, I was not thrilled w/ the Ginn pick @ #9, but it grew on me. I know I did not want Quinn at #9. I was hoping Levi Brown dropped to us and when he didn’t I was hoping for Patrick Willis to come our way. But, by no means do you draft a returner at #9 and pay him #9 money! At #9, you need a guy that can come in and start at their drafted position, especially on a team that has not made the playoffs in years! I know this subject has been brought up a million timnes but I just could not keep quiet after the head coach stated that we drafted a kick returner at #9.

Here’s to hoping I am wrong about this and that his ability to give us the field position needed makes the difference in our games!

Your looking at this the wrong way, MOST receivers don't fully bloom until their third year, if they bloom at all.

So if you get a great receiver prospect, who can also be a weapon on special teams and in a limited role as a receiver during his rookie year, your further ahead than if you drafted a receiver that is only a receiver.

Most receivers are ready to make pro bowls in their rookie year.

TEN (enjoy)

Randy Moss - 1313 YDs / 17 TDs

Anquan Boldin - 1377 YDs / 8 TDs

Marques Colston - 1038 YDs / 8 TDs

Andre Johnson - 976 YDs / 4 TDs

Chris Chambers - 883 YDs / 7 TDs

Keyshawn Johnson – 844 YDs / 8 TDs

Marvin Harrison - 836 YDs / 8 TDs

Roy Williams - 817 YDs / 8 TDs

Larry Fitzgerald - 780 YDs / 8 TDs

Tory Holt - 788 YDs / 6 TDs

EDIT 11 - Lee Evans - 843 YDs / 9 TDs

Nice find!!!, these are the kind of numbers i would wanna see from him as a top 10 pick in his rookie year and i know benny said 100 yards, but that is bullcrap if a reciever is putting up 8 TD's and 780 plus yards i would call that a fair impact wouldnt y'all say.

Benny = pwned :ninja:

More like that guy and you owned yourselves.

Benny straight up said guys with 1000 yds receiving. I see 3 on that list. Just shows that you aren't reading the posts.

Do me a favor. Please TRY to list 10 WR's in the last 10 years who were difference makers at WR their rookie years (1000 yards receiving) ... when you get stuck at 6 put up a post that you overeacted because WR's take 2-3 years to blossom, and because ginn can come in right now and make an impact at returning while he's learning it's a Double ++....

I knew this back when Boomer was pushin this guy. What in heck did anyone really think was going to happen? You cant be the return guy full time and expect him to learn the offense and the routes when the guy is not the greatest route runner and also graduate from Ohio State.

Not to mention his ankle which no one else in creation thinks its going to be a problem yet it kept him out for a long time.

What does graduating from Ohio State have to do with it? I understand you don't like the pick. I know you wanted Willis. It didn't happen. You can't keep crying about what didn't come to pass. For all of the knocks on Ginn you're trying to manufacture, there has been plenty of analysis on this board and in the media proving your points false. Look at the posts made by Boomer and CK in the draft forum, and those will set you straight.

Do me a favor. Please TRY to list 10 WR's in the last 10 years who were difference makers at WR their rookie years(1000 yards receiving)... when you get stuck at 6 put up a post that you overeacted because WR's take 2-3 years to blossom, and because ginn can come in right now and make an impact at returning while he's learning it's a Double ++....

theres only been 3 since 96, moss, clayton, and boldon....................

"He's allowed to have playbooks and that kind of stuff," Cameron said. "He's coming here as a returner first. He'll need to do a lot of studying for that. And then a receiver and he'll learn. Like I said, we've been through this with other guys."

I am not a regular poster, but this makes my blood boil. ...

This quote is hardly a "blood boiler". C'mon, the kid will be a starter as a returner...he needs to nail down that learning curve first. I don't expect that to be too difficult...the kid is a natural with the ball in his hands.

Hat's off to Cam for speaking the truth. Some of you prefer "coach speak" where they say a whole lot of nothing. I hope that Cam does not ever have to turn on that "coach speak" filter for fear of upsetting some fan.

As a receiver, I expect him to be productive because he has always been productive. But, the learning curve will be longer. All Cam is saying is that we want him to be great at one position and then we will develop greatness in the next position. It's just a strategy of development. It's about process...

He's a rookie. There is a lot to learn. You eat the elephant one bite at a time. The Coach decides on the process to best develop the player.

Get the mental part of special teams out of the way in this mini-camp and then focus on the receiver position in training camp...when it really matters.

"...we've been through this with other guys..." Hmmm, so he is telling us that he done this before. Maybe that's how Wesley Welker got started in the NFL. Interesting.

With a new HC, a new offense, a WR corps of Chambers, Booker, and Hagen, a 6-10 record last season, an unsettled QB situation, and a questionable OL, why shouldn't Ginn get a lot of time at WR as a rookie? It's not like Miami is expected to be a playoff contender. Ginn's NOT going to learn to run pass routes returning kicks and/or sitting on the bench.

I'm not saying that the Fins should start Ginn at WR on opening day, but it almost sounds to me like he may not be used very much at all as a WR as a rookie. Why not take some chances with the youngsters, especially a top ten pick like Ginn? This smacks of the same thing that Saban did in not giving young players chances to gain game-time experience because winning now was so important. Only the Fins didn't "win now", and they're less likely to win this year because they traded away too many picks and didn't give young players like Allen and Alabi game experience.

bottom line were talking about # 9 over all, out of almost 400 players i think, n ur going to tell me that he needs 2 or 3 years to make it happen? so how long is it going to take for the later rounds players to make it happen 4 or 5 years????????? come on i agree # 9 u better bring something to the team the time u come in to the team

Most WRs take time to grow into consistent playmakers in the NFL. A good comparison to look at would be Santana Moss. His first year he played mostly the slot and did made an impact as a punt returner. You really did not see him blossum until he was traded to Washington, three years after being drafted. He didn't even play football in highschool as much because he was a track star first. Even though Moss was considered small and somewhat raw he has something that you can't teach, speed. Speed kills people and with Ginn we have alot of it.

Back
Top Bottom