Ginn to run on April 11th and 16th | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ginn to run on April 11th and 16th

I don't even know what that means.

Apparently Ginn won't be 100% on the 11th and is intending to have a 2nd workout the week of the draft.

I don't even know what that means.

Apparently Ginn won't be 100% on the 11th and is intending to have a 2nd workout the week of the draft.

Hes having 2 workouts with teams the week of the draft, least that is last i heard

Redskins are going to come have a private workout with him, but I don't see them taking him at #6 ,think he will be ours at #9. TE Olsen is coming in next week for a private work out with the FINS( as per GBN report ).

Redskins are flying Jason Campbell to Columbus to work out with him.

Olsen's coming to Miami to catch passes from Stanton.

I don't love Ginn as a WR or at No. 9. I just see him as a complimentary WR and not a go-to guy.

I have never actually seen him play CB, but he is more intriguing to me there. He was considered the nation's best CB prospect coming out of high school and has said he'd be interested in playing there. Physically, he would seem to have exceptional skills for the position. When healthy, I'd expect his speed and agility drill numbers to be in the Deion Sanders/Champ Bailey range. He also clearly has the hands for the interception, as well as the ability to do some serious damage on interception returns.

In a workout, I'd really like to see him in CB drills. I'd expect him to be a little raw, but I'd think he'd pick up up again pretty quickly. CB is not the most cerebral position on the field anyhow. If he has Sanders/Bailey type upside at CB, I see him being much more valuable there than as a No. 2 receiver. I'd still put him into some offensive packages, but his upside seems higher at CB, which is also a more valuable and more difficult position to fill.

Other than the obvious fact that I haven't seen him at CB, my only other hang up on the CB thing is why he was moved to WR int he first place at Ohio State. As I've heard it, it was because they simply felt they needed him more at WR. With a WR corps that at the time included Santonio Holmes, Anthony Gonzalez, Roy Hall, Robiskie, Michael Jenkins and Drew Carter, it's hard to imagine they felt such a pressing need at WR. At CB they had Chris Gamble and Ashton Youboty, but nowhere near the depth it appears they already had at WR. I can see the desire to get him on the field and the ball in his hands, but especially after Gamble left, it doesn't completely make sense to me that he wasn't moved back to CB unless he didn't look as good there as I'd expect.

I would imagine he'll run corner drills at his 2nd workout.

thanks for the added detail BOOM, your always on top of things. By the way GERARD was awesome for England yesterday.

Is this just because Stanton is working out in the area? Or is this something set up by the Dolphins?

PS love your contributions to the site.....

Olsen and Stanton are big mates. I think is Miami killing 2 birds with one stone. They've been like a touring troupe for a couple of weeks. This April 4th workout in Davie has been planned for about 3 weeks.

Thanks for the comments.

thanks for the added detail BOOM, your always on top of things. By the way GERARD was awesome for England yesterday.

No worries mate.

Re: Stevie G, yes he was. But that's what he does week in and week out for us.

Back
Top Bottom