Ginn to run on April 11th and 16th | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ginn to run on April 11th and 16th

I don't understand what's all this Ginn love.... We have two number 1 receivers and have alot more pressing needs than a WR....

I don't understand what's all this Ginn love.... We have two number 1 receivers and have alot more pressing needs than a WR....
2 #1 receivers? you mean the one who seemed to vanish form games all together? or the one who seemed to fall over himself every game?

Which two number one's are you talking about?

Warfield and Clayton?

Duper and Fryar?

They've retired, dude.

Which two number one's are you talking about?

Warfield and Clayton?

Duper and Fryar?

They've retired, dude.

:lol:

He is talking about the magician (who disappears in many games), The stumbler and the dropper . . . . technically all of them can have this name lol.

Chambers can show signs, but we haven't had a guy I have been comfortable w/ since McDuffie, and he wasn't even a #1.

He also has the greatest chance of making the most impact.

Not a chance when our QB is on his ***. Last year all over again.

football is won in the trenches.

Look at Chicago, they start off the SB with that TD return and then lose anyways. The game is controlled up front.

From the inside out buddy. Just like coach said. That means Center (bi9g impact that gets no notoriety whatsoever), QB (we all Know we need a permanent fixture at QB and big ?) and FB (got that sqaured away), and RB (if Ricky truly will be back, covered, then you go to G and TAckle and TE. We all know the situation at LT (anyone counting on Alabi is fooling themselves long term), We need a TE aside Martin and we need one athletic enough to make plays downfield and block.

We do not need a WR. Cams offense in SD did not have great WR. Would it be nice to add? sure it would, but there are many in this draft (anthony Gonzalez will be better than Ginn IMO cus he can do it all and has speed and intelligence).

Ginn is not an impact player on offense because he is one dimensional. He cannot go over the middle like a Gonzalez can or run good routes. HE IS A SPECIAL TEAMER! That is what we would be drafting at # 9. That thought makes me sick to my stomach and I will berate Mueller all over this board should he do so!

Not a chance when our QB is on his ***. Last year all over again.

football is won in the trenches.

Look at Chicago, they start off the SB with that TD return and then lose anyways. The game is controlled up front.

From the inside out buddy. Just like coach said. That means Center (bi9g impact that gets no notoriety whatsoever), QB (we all Know we need a permanent fixture at QB and big ?) and FB (got that sqaured away), and RB (if Ricky truly will be back, covered, then you go to G and TAckle and TE. We all know the situation at LT (anyone counting on Alabi is fooling themselves long term), We need a TE aside Martin and we need one athletic enough to make plays downfield and block.

We do not need a WR. Cams offense in SD did not have great WR. Would it be nice to add? sure it would, but there are many in this draft (anthony Gonzalez will be better than Ginn IMO cus he can do it all and has speed and intelligence).

Ginn is not an impact player on offense because he is one dimensional. He cannot go over the middle like a Gonzalez can or run good routes. HE IS A SPECIAL TEAMER! That is what we would be drafting at # 9. That thought makes me sick to my stomach and I will berate Mueller all over this board should he do so!

I ripped Ginn a ton at the begining of the offseason, but he consistently went over the middle while at Ohio State. Tons of his catches came on crossing routes and slants.

Ginn is the greatest risk of all the picks at 9.

Actually he is one of the safer picks . . . simply because he would be an elite returner his rookie season. However thats just a bonus, we would draft him for his speed and ability to spread a defense out and open up opportunities for other people as well, plus his homerun ability. Another bonus would be his previous experience at CB, but I see him as a WR in this league.

If worse comes to worse, we get a Hester like returner. Wasn't Hester a second rounder last year? Ginn is FASTER than Hester and had a better college career at returner. And that is the floor w/ Ginn. The ceiling is he becomes a faster Steve Smith. I think Ginn is worth the so called "risk" at 9.

Ginn will make Welker look like a statue out there on kickoffs and punt returns !! People don't realize how important field position is sometimes.

From Wayne's interview on Miami Dolphins.com he clearly stated that we need to upgrade the offense. IMO, that means getting a playmaker and we all now Mueller loves speed. So that can only mean Ted Ginn if he puts up a blazing time.

You see that is just plain wrong and what's wprse is that as much as you dislike drtaing Ginn at 9, you ALSO know that to be wrong, or at least you would if you'd watched Ginn at all. You'd know where a lot of his catches are actually thrown, hence dispelling the 'across the middle' thing. And you won't have studied his route running much either.

Gonzalez, for all his speed, really doesn't play up to it and rarely makes a big play. You only had to see what little impact he had when Ginn got hurt against Florida to relaise the depth of his ambition as a top flight pro WR.

I agree with Boomer. Miami has lacked big play ability at WR for a long time. As a Gator fan, I saw first hand Ginn's ability to score quickly. For all the discussion about good route running, being physical, etc.. nothing demoralizes the opposing team more than a quick touchdown. I am not saying he should be the 9th pick, only that he should be seriously considered.

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Ginn at #9. There's alot of talent to be had at #9, I just don't know where Randy Mueller will go with it. This draft will be very, very interesting.

Anyone think it's possible that Minnesota could draft Ginn at #7?? Atlanta? Those are the 2 teams that could possibly select Ginn ahead of Miami.

2 #1 receivers? you mean the one who seemed to vanish form games all together? or the one who seemed to fall over himself every game?
Not every game, because he hasn't finished a season since 2002.

Back
Top Bottom