Glazer: Jets getting turned down for GM job, begging them them reconsider | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Glazer: Jets getting turned down for GM job, begging them them reconsider

09-11 Jets
Homeristic Delusion = "Elite"
Reality: a Sh*t Samwich with 54 weeks of edible meat in the middle.

dfw12h-1.jpg

If the Dolphins went to the AFC Title Game in 2009 and 2010 I wouldn't call them elite. I don't even think the 1984 team was elite. The only elite Dolphins team ever was the one in 1972 and 1973.

I don't even give a **** about winning divisions. As long as a team makes the playoffs and wins the Super Bowl, they have a chance at being elite.

Obviously Junc continues to insist the Jets are elite, or were elite, b/c that's the only thing he has to cling to. Hell it'd be the same if all of us here claimed the Dolphins were elite in a 4 year span the same as him. Imagine the tables being turned?

If the Dolphins went to the AFC Title Game in 2009 and 2010 I wouldn't call them elite. I don't even think the 1984 team was elite. The only elite Dolphins team ever was the one in 1972 and 1973.

I don't even give a **** about winning divisions. As long as a team makes the playoffs and wins the Super Bowl, they have a chance at being elite.

Obviously Junc continues to insist the Jets are elite, or were elite, b/c that's the only thing he has to cling to. Hell it'd be the same if all of us here claimed the Dolphins were elite in a 4 year span the same as him. Imagine the tables being turned?

****. If the tables were turned and we had someone saying we were elite for that same time frame he would be arguing how the Jets allowed us to get into those games and that we aren't elite.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

So the Jets hire a guy who's experience is geared more toward cap management then personnel evaluation and hire a WCO OC under a head coach who has the philosophy and personnel for a ground and pound scheme. Brilliance at its best.

As LMAO-worthy the Jest Junkie's conveniently parsed definition is of "elite," even more rib-tickling is his definition that whatever residual aura existed from a mediocre team being gifted into the playoffs, (then beating a dead team walking over its last 7 games and doing enough to lose to most any team other than one having a choking kicker before ultimately being humiliated in the final half by the team whose decision was justified letting them in) negated the stench of the 2010 team's mediocrity.

Well I guess considering that the 08 Fins orchestrated the greatest one-time turnaround in the history of the league, actually resulting in hardware, and that through week 14 we also were a .500 team (unfortunately not facing teams that took knees afterwards cause they considered us meaningless games too), then maybe we should at least consider the possibility, as ridiculous and homeristic as it seems, that the 09-11 jest were "elite" if the Superfan admits that by his own definition, the 08-09 Miami Dolphins were "EPIC." Cuz certainly there was more "epic" legitimacy to us than "elite" to the jest by his definition!

So the Jets hire a guy who's experience is geared more toward cap management then personnel evaluation and hire a WCO OC under a head coach who has the philosophy and personnel for a ground and pound scheme. Brilliance at its best.

I dunno, considering that the most attractive potential candidates wanted no part of a under-performing, clubhouse explosion-impervious, loose cannon of a HC they were stuck with, a cap hell or a meddlesome, headling-whoring owner, (especially seeing his GM predecessor being skapegoated for all that shizzle), of those more desperate for the job, Idzik sounds like he might work out - but surely it's a leap of faith on the Tebow-loving Woody's part.

The immediate question I asked myself, (which appears to be overlooked on the jests boards) is "if Morningwood is so promising as an OC, why didn't Andy Reed, the guy who knew him best bring in along to KC instead of hiring unproven Doug Pederson?" Inquiring Minds Need 2Know!

Getting a morningwood in KC is'nt as easy as Philly:lol:

The Steelers missed the playoffs at 9-7 in 09, and then made it to the Super Bow with 12 wins the next year. They went 12-4 again the year after that, and then missed the playoffs this year at 8-8. Not quite like the Jets.

Bal has won at least 11 games three out of the last 5 seasons. The Jets won 11 games just once. The Ravens won 12 games in 2010 and 2011. The Jets have won 12 games in a season just once in franchise history. NE went 10-6 in 2009 and 12-4 this year. The Ravens won their 2 division titles with 10 and 12 wins. I am not saying it isn't tough to win the division with NE in it, but it isn't easy to win a division with Pitt in it either.

they missed the playoffs though, right? that's the key word.

They made 2 of the last 4 postseasons and won 2 playoff games, the Jets made 2 of the last 4 postseasons and won 4 playoff games.

Bal has moved to another level w/ the win yesterday, I think they are now THE elite team in the AFC since 2008 but they would have been elite win or lose yesterday.

Jets finally hired Itchy. Scratchy wasn't available for comment.

The Jets also hired Marty Mornhinweg as their offensive coordinator.What do you think of that junc?

I am happy w/ both, it took a little convincing, research on Mornhinweg but he ahs cosnistently had top 10 Os so I am on board,

I don't know much about Idget, but I don't think that Mornhinweg is a bad move. As an offensive coordinator he has had top 10 offenses in passing yards, points and yards per attempt.

If I were a Jets fan, my concerns would be:

Sanchez running a West Coast offense ------- Cue the Vick to the Jets rumors
Mornhinweg O's have had a lot of turnovers
How much of Mornhinweg's success in Philly was because of Andy Reid
Did I mention Sanchez running a West Coast offense? :lol:

You guys know how I feel about Mark and I think this move makes it more difficult for him but we'll see.

I don't think we'll see Vick.

Andy reid gave up playcalling a few years ago then philly made a run to the title game but he did take it back in the last couple of years.

****. If the tables were turned and we had someone saying we were elite for that same time frame he would be arguing how the Jets allowed us to get into those games and that we aren't elite.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

I guess that's why I called Miami elite from '90-'95 despite fewer conf title games apps and fewer playoff wins.

I love when you guys make stuff up.

Did you not see or read about the PC last week where rex said they were going away from ground and pound long before they hired a new OC?

they missed the playoffs though, right? that's the key word.

Did you not see or read about the PC last week where rex said they were going away from ground and pound long before they hired a new OC?
Obviously I missed it because I would have had a good laugh last week about it.

I am happy w/ both, it took a little convincing, research on Mornhinweg but he ahs cosnistently had top 10 Os so I am on board,
Hey, you're happy with the hires and so are finfans, it's all good.

I am more concerned with who the jets are going to hire for their gm and coach in 2014.

I hear Jerry Sandusky is looking for a job, maybe he'd make a fine GM for the Jets.

says the fan of the team w/ a GM that asked a player if his mother was a prostitute. How soon we forget, one "great" season at 7-9 and you guys act like you are a model franchise.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Hey, you're happy with the hires and so are finfans, it's all good.

I am more concerned with who the jets are going to hire for their gm and coach in 2014.

you will be in the market next season so you should worry about yourselves.

I don't know how good or bad our new GM will be, it's his first GM job. We'll see but I do know he was a valuable member of some successful franchises in the last 15+ years so that's a good start.

Junc your act has grown old. No one gives a **** about your opinion any more. You dont debate football you just come in here and try and talk down to everyone. Pathetic since your a GUEST here. Do us all a favor and go away.

Junc your act has grown old. No one gives a **** about your opinion any more. You dont debate football you just come in here and try and talk down to everyone. Pathetic since your a GUEST here. Do us all a favor and go away.

I am not a guest here, I am a regular and it'c omical how you complain about me but all I do is get crap from folks like you who know very littel ablout this game but that's ok. Pipe down and don't get involved in my discussions if it bothers you.

I am not a guest here, I am a regular and it'c omical how you complain about me but all I do is get crap from folks like you who know very littel ablout this game but that's ok. Pipe down and don't get involved in my discussions if it bothers you.
I know very little? I know more about your team and the predicament they are in then the great super fan you think you are and no, you are a guest. Members are those who actually contribute intelligent opinions something you come up short on.

Back
Top Bottom