Glazer: Jets getting turned down for GM job, begging them them reconsider | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Glazer: Jets getting turned down for GM job, begging them them reconsider

The utter lack of self-awareness of some individuals widely considered to be azzclowns across several fan sites is both curious and mind-boggling.. Just sayin':idk::

Either way the jets come out on top though, right?

If you include the Jets wins against Indy and Cincy, they come out on top of Pitt by 1 game in 2009.

so just as good in 2010 kind of meaning that we were on a similar level, right? which has been the point of this discussion. Thanks for clearing it up.

They played common games, but the number of times they played certain teams is different. They each played their division opponents twice while playing the East/North just once. Meaning the Jets only had to play Pitt, Bal Cincy, Cle just once while playing NE, Mia, Buff twice. Pitt and Bal played Mia, NE, Jets, Buff, just once while playing their division opponents twice. Just becasue they have the same record, doesn't mean they were on the same level. The more important stat is head to head. The Jets are 0-1 against Bal, and 1-1 against Pitt, including the loss in the AFCC game, which is more important than the 5 point win the Jets had against them in the regular season.

bal and Pitt are 2 very good teams in most years but they wouldn't be hosting any playoff games(unless they were a 5 seed and faced a 6 seed in the title game which almost happened for the Jets in '09, had bal beaten Indy the week before the Jets would have hosted Bal in the title game) if they were in a division w/ NE.

Bal and Pitt have been much better than the Jets, Mia, or Buff have been in a long time. Either team would have ben able to challenge NE for a division title in at least 5 of the 12 years NE has won it.

The utter lack of self-awareness of some individuals widely considered to be azzclowns across several fan sites is both curious and mind-boggling.. Just sayin':idk::

AGAIN, the only times you are funny is when you are not trying to be. EVERYTHING you whine about me are character flaws YOU exhibit.

If you include the Jets wins against Indy and Cincy, they come out on top of Pitt by 1 game in 2009.

They played common games, but the number of times they played certain teams is different. They each played their division opponents twice while playing the East/North just once. Meaning the Jets only had to play Pitt, Bal Cincy, Cle just once while playing NE, Mia, Buff twice. Pitt and Bal played Mia, NE, Jets, Buff, just once while playing their division opponents twice. Just becasue they have the same record, doesn't mean they were on the same level. The more important stat is head to head. The Jets are 0-1 against Bal, and 1-1 against Pitt, including the loss in the AFCC game, which is more important than the 5 point win the Jets had against them in the regular season.

Bal and Pitt have been much better than the Jets, Mia, or Buff have been in a long time. Either team would have ben able to challenge NE for a division title in at least 5 of the 12 years NE has won it.

Pitt didn't play Indy in 2009 and if we remove Cincy then we need to remove Miami for Pitt in week 17.

against reg season teams:
(Cin, Oak, Mia, Ten)

NYJ: 3-2
Pitt: 2-3

reg and postseason:
(Cin, Oak, Mia, Ten, SD)

NYJ: 5-2

NE in NFC North w/ Pitt or Bal: still win 4 games b/c they'd play Cin/Cle 4 times then would split w/ Bal or Pitt so that's 5-1 like they always seem to be in our division(or 6-0).

The Jets had to go to Pitt b/c they couldn't beat out NE, if the '10 title game is at home the Jets beat pitt. Switch the Jets and Pitt in 2010 and the Jets go 12-4 and win the AFC North and host the title game IF another team beats NE in the div rd.

Don't put us w/ Mia and Buf- 2 teams combining for ONE playoff app and ZERO playoff wins since 2002. We are just behind bal, Bal pulled away w/ this postseason but heading into it we were almost in a dead heat over the last decade.

How does every single thread get derailed about bull**** PO appearances.

Nobody gives a **** and frankly I'm getting tired of seeing it.

Just stop arguing over nothing all the goddamn time.

how does every single thread get derailed about bull**** po appearances.

Nobody gives a **** and frankly i'm getting tired of seeing it.

Just stop arguing over nothing all the goddamn time.
this ...... Twice

Pitt didn't play Indy in 2009 and if we remove Cincy then we need to remove Miami for Pitt in week 17.

I know, but you still had Ptt and Bal combined for 1 win and counted the Jets wins against Indy and Cincy. Miami had a desire to beat Pitt in week 17, Cincy and Indy didn't have any desire to beat the Jets.

against reg season teams:
(Cin, Oak, Mia, Ten)

NYJ: 3-2

reg and postseason:
(Cin, Oak, Mia, Ten, SD)

NYJ: 5-2

Pitt didn't make the post season and didn't get to play those teams again. Who knows what would have happened? 2009 was a down year for Pitt and Bal, but I don't just focus on 1 year. Pitt won the Super Bowl the year before, and the Ravens were in the AFCC game the year before.

NE in NFC North w/ Pitt or Bal: still win 4 games b/c they'd play Cin/Cle 4 times then would split w/ Bal or Pitt so that's 5-1 like they always seem to be in our division(or 6-0).

Not necessarily. Cle was one of only 2 teams two beat NE in 2010. The Jets being the other team. Superior teams don't always win, especially division opponents. Even if they sweep Cin/Cle and split with Bal and Pitt, Bal and Pitt are capable of doing the same. The biggest difference is that they win enough regular season games to compete with NE for a division title. The Bills, Jets and Dolphins have not been able to do that. It is not because of NE, it is because they haven't been good enough. The Jets won 11 games once in 4 seasons.

The Jets had to go to Pitt b/c they couldn't beat out NE, if the '10 title game is at home the Jets beat pitt. Switch the Jets and Pitt in 2010 and the Jets go 12-4 and win the AFC North and host the title game IF another team beats NE in the div rd.

The Jets lost to Bal in 2010, and Bal won 12 games in the North. The Jets split with NE and Mia in 2010 and only won 11 games. The Jets were not sweeping Pitt or Bal if they had to play them twice.

Don't put us w/ Mia and Buf- 2 teams combining for ONE playoff app and ZERO playoff wins since 2002. We are just behind bal, Bal pulled away w/ this postseason but heading into it we were almost in a dead heat over the last decade.

Prior to 2009, the Jets were nearly in a dead heat with Miami. I know you like to take the small window of playoff success and ignore everything else, but the Jets have not been on the level of teams like Pitt, Bal and NE. Just the last 3 seasons prove that. Pitt in the Super Bowl, NE in the Super Bowl, and now the Ravens in the Super Bowl. The Jets???

How does every single thread get derailed about bull**** PO appearances.

Nobody gives a **** and frankly I'm getting tired of seeing it.

Just stop arguing over nothing.

It's a message board. Threads go in different directions sometimes. I know it tends to happen a lot when junc gets involved and it can get annoying, but no one is forcing anyone else to join in on the debate, or keep coming back to read this thread. When I get tired of a thread, I no longer respond and move on to another.

am I allowed to respond or is this being shut down? I don't see the issue w/ two knowledgeable posters debating, we let so many goofball posters who know nothing ruin threads and now we have a good one w/ 2 guys who know their stuff so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Let me know.

am I allowed to respond or is this being shut down? I don't see the issue w/ two knowledgeable posters debating, we let so many goofball posters who know nothing ruin threads and now we have a good one w/ 2 guys who know their stuff so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Let me know.

I don't see why not? This is the Beast of the AFCE forum. I could understand a little more if this were in the main forum, but it is not. If we can't debate about this silly stuff here, then where can we? With that said, I'm cool with moving on to something else if you are.

I don't see why not? This is the Beast of the AFCE forum. I could understand a little more if this were in the main forum, but it is not. If we can't debate about this silly stuff here, then where can we? With that said, I'm cool with moving on to something else if you are.

We rarely agree but I enjoy our debates, I'm fine discussing anything but if the mods don't want it then I guess we'll move on. I don't get it though.

Back
Top Bottom