Glazer: Jets getting turned down for GM job, begging them them reconsider | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Glazer: Jets getting turned down for GM job, begging them them reconsider

whatever you say Corky.. not at all true as the collective memories of long standing members would confirm if you had the balls to submit to the results of a poll, but if it makes the lonely voices in your head keep from smoking, think (and i use that term loosely) whatever you want. How's that "I wouldnt trade Suckchez for 2 first round picks, Flacco or Ryan, etc" claim doing? Or did I "lie" about that too?? LOLOLOLOL

However, this hasn't changed the fact that U R my favorite Pinata around here xoxoxo

987251565_22ea2338dd-1.jpg

more of that vaark class.

I really feel bad for you and those around you though to be fair I'm pretty sure you live alone and have no one in your life.

Ironic, cause Ive long held the suspicion that you are heavily medicated living in a group home with no weekend Internet privileges and any illusion of a "wife' involves an outcall service and a charge to your prepaid debit card occasionally recharged by a munificent elderly parent.

do you realize that most of your jokes are of the "I know you are but what am I" variety? That's one of the reasons you aren't funny even though you desperately try to be.

Sadly, a constantly demonstrated aspect of your pathology is that you're likely the only one around here with no clue that when it comes to dull, blunt utensils in theflatware drawer, a butter knife's got nothing on you?

NYJ & Pitt have made 2 of the loast 4 postseasons, NY is 4-2 in postseason, Pitt is 2-2.

What is the point of comparing playoff wins? Isn't the point about advancing further? No one cares about playoff wins that result in nothing. In the last 4 years the Jets are tied with NO, NYG, and are only 1 game behind GB with playoff wins. Who cares? You know what all those teams have that the Jets don't?

Take it one step down and it is the same thing with Pitt. Pitt has an AFC title, the Jets don't.

but we are discussing NE in the reg season, they are a great reg season team and make it near impossible for any team to win the division besides them. Only 1 team has won the AFC east besides NE in a year Brady was the primary starter and we did that in 2002.

We are discussing how NE would fare if Pitt and Bal were in their division instead of the average Bills, Jets or Dolphins. We can't include playoff games? It has been near impossible for anyone else to win the AFCE because the rest of the AFCE has been average / bad for a decade. Since Brady took over, NE has won the division 12 out of 14 years. That is ridiculous! I agree that it would be difficult for most teams to compete for a division title if the division winner wins more than 12 games during the season.

NE won the division with a higher total of 12 wins 5 times in 14 seasons. 2011 (13 wins) 2010 (14 wins) 2007 (16 wins), 2004 (14 wins) 2003 (14 wins). I agree that it would be tough for any team to compete for a division title during those seasons. However, we still have 7 other season when NE won 12 or less games. (9) (11) (10) (12) (11) (10) (12). The Jets won it in 02 winning 9 games, and the Dolphins won it in 2008 winning 11 games. There is no excuse during those other 5 seasons when NE won it winning 12 or less games other than the other teams in the AFCE were just not good enough.

The AFC North winner won the division winning 12 or more games 6 times in the last 12 seasons. NE would still have their share of division titles, but I believe Pitt would have won it a few years and Bal would have won it a few years if they were in the AFCE instead of Buff, Mia, or the Jets. There is no excuse for the Jets (who you claim elite) to not have a single division title the last 4 years under Rex, especially when NE only won 10 games in 2009, and 12 this past year. Any elite team would have been able to compete for a title in either of those years.

I took it back b/c they have barely played in the reg season the last 4 years, Brady has pretty much dominated Pitt.

We were talking about the last 4 years because that is the time frame that you claim the Jets have been elite, yet they have 0 division titles while Bal and Pitt have 2 each. NE is 1-1 versus Pitt in the last 4 years, and if you want to go all the way back to 2004, they are still only 3-3 in the regular season. I don't consider a 3-3 record domination. Even if you want to include NE's playoff win and take away the Pitt in in 2008 (No Brady), the record is 4-2.

It is hilarious when you consider that domination, but when it is the Dolphins who have a 4-2 record against the Jets (in their elite years), it is marginalized and just a 1 game difference. :lol2: Classic Junc! :D

Pitt and Bal both won 12 games 2 out of the last 4 seasons and they would have been able to compete against NE for division title. The Jets can not because they can't win 12 games during a season. They have only done it once in franchise history. :lol:

What is the point of comparing playoff wins? Isn't the point about advancing further? No one cares about playoff wins that result in nothing. In the last 4 years the Jets are tied with NO, NYG, and are only 1 game behind GB with playoff wins. Who cares? You know what all those teams have that the Jets don't?

Take it one step down and it is the same thing with Pitt. Pitt has an AFC title, the Jets don't.

We are discussing how NE would fare if Pitt and Bal were in their division instead of the average Bills, Jets or Dolphins. We can't include playoff games? It has been near impossible for anyone else to win the AFCE because the rest of the AFCE has been average / bad for a decade. Since Brady took over, NE has won the division 12 out of 14 years. That is ridiculous! I agree that it would be difficult for most teams to compete for a division title if the division winner wins more than 12 games during the season.

NE won the division with a higher total of 12 wins 5 times in 14 seasons. 2011 (13 wins) 2010 (14 wins) 2007 (16 wins), 2004 (14 wins) 2003 (14 wins). I agree that it would be tough for any team to compete for a division title during those seasons. However, we still have 7 other season when NE won 12 or less games. (9) (11) (10) (12) (11) (10) (12). The Jets won it in 02 winning 9 games, and the Dolphins won it in 2008 winning 11 games. There is no excuse during those other 5 seasons when NE won it winning 12 or less games other than the other teams in the AFCE were just not good enough.

The AFC North winner won the division winning 12 or more games 6 times in the last 12 seasons. NE would still have their share of division titles, but I believe Pitt would have won it a few years and Bal would have won it a few years if they were in the AFCE instead of Buff, Mia, or the Jets. There is no excuse for the Jets (who you claim elite) to not have a single division title the last 4 years under Rex, especially when NE only won 10 games in 2009, and 12 this past year. Any elite team would have been able to compete for a title in either of those years.

We were talking about the last 4 years because that is the time frame that you claim the Jets have been elite, yet they have 0 division titles while Bal and Pitt have 2 each. NE is 1-1 versus Pitt in the last 4 years, and if you want to go all the way back to 2004, they are still only 3-3 in the regular season. I don't consider a 3-3 record domination. Even if you want to include NE's playoff win and take away the Pitt in in 2008 (No Brady), the record is 4-2.

It is hilarious when you consider that domination, but when it is the Dolphins who have a 4-2 record against the Jets (in their elite years), it is marginalized and just a 1 game difference. :lol2: Classic Junc! :D

Pitt and Bal both won 12 games 2 out of the last 4 seasons and they would have been able to compete against NE for division title. The Jets can not because they can't win 12 games during a season. They have only done it once in franchise history. :lol:

what is the point? the goal is to win in january, right? who cares if you can win Sept-Dec if you can't win in january.

Pitt does have an AFC title which is a check mark in their favor but they alos didn't win a playoff game the other 3 years and missed twice.

how they would fare winning div titles meaning reg season wins. if they were in the North they'd be winning div titles, if they were in any other div they'd still be winning div titles. They are a great reg season team.

3-3 including losing a game when Matt Cassell started. one one their other 2 wins came early in 2004 then NE smoked them at Pitt in the title game. NE has clearly been better than Pitt.

Tom Brady against Pitt as a stater is 6-2 including playoffs, that's pretty much domination.

Pitt, bal and the jets were all on a similar level in 2009 & 2010. pitt and Bal would not have won a div title in either year and the Jets could have won the AFC North in either year.

what is the point? the goal is to win in january, right? who cares if you can win Sept-Dec if you can't win in january.

Who cares if you win in January if you are not playing in February?

Pitt does have an AFC title which is a check mark in their favor but they alos didn't win a playoff game the other 3 years and missed twice.

Pitt missed at 9-7 and 8-8 in between a Super Bowl app. The Jets made it at 9-7, and missed at 6-10 and 8-8 with no Super Bowl app. Pitt has been the better team over the last 4 years.

how they would fare winning div titles meaning reg season wins. if they were in the North they'd be winning div titles, if they were in any other div they'd still be winning div titles. They are a great reg season team.

NE would still have plenty of division titles, but Bal and Pitt would have a few of their own unlike the Jets, Dolphins or Bills.

Didn't you just tell say "Who cares if you can win Sept-Dec if you can't win in january"? We are talking about how they would fair in the North playing Bal and Pitt head to head two times a year instead of the Jets, Mia, or the Bills. You want to take away 2 Bal wins over NE because they came in the playoffs? Division games are more important than regular season conference games. Playoff games are more important than both. If NE was in the AFC North, their division matchups would be more like those playoff matchups than the regular season conference games they played against each other.

3-3 including losing a game when Matt Cassell started. one one their other 2 wins came early in 2004 then NE smoked them at Pitt in the title game. NE has clearly been better than Pitt.

So now you want to include playoff games when NE beat Pitt (by 14 points) in Ben's rookie year, but you don't want to include playoff games when the Ravens beat NE (by 19 points) in 2009 and beat them in 2012 (by 15 points). :lol:

The record is exactly what I said. NE is 1-1 versus Pitt in the last 4 years, and if you want to go all the way back to 2004, they are still only 3-3 in the regular season. I don't consider a 3-3 record domination. Even if you want to include NE's playoff win and take away the Pitt win in 2008 (No Brady), the record is 4-2.

Tom Brady against Pitt as a stater is 6-2 including playoffs, that's pretty much domination.

Now we are going all the way back to 2001 when Tommy Maddox and Kordell Stewart were playing QB for Pitt? :lol: You are giving Brady credit for a win in the 2001 playoff game where he led NE to 0 points before being knocked out of the game before half time? NE's special teams scored 14 points on a kick off return for a TD and a blocked FG return for TD. Bledsoe scored the other 10, but Brady gets the credit for the win. :lol2:

Pitt, bal and the jets were all on a similar level in 2009 & 2010. pitt and Bal would not have won a div title in either year and the Jets could have won the AFC North in either year.

How are the Jets going to win the AFC North in 2009 when they couldn't win 9 games on their own? How are they going to win it in 2010 when they were 1-1 against Pitt that year, and 0-1 against Bal? How are they going to win the division when Pitt and Bal both won 12 games that year? The Jets have won 12 regular season games once in franchise history.

Who cares if you win in January if you are not playing in February?

Pitt missed at 9-7 and 8-8 in between a Super Bowl app. The Jets made it at 9-7, and missed at 6-10 and 8-8 with no Super Bowl app. Pitt has been the better team over the last 4 years.

NE would still have plenty of division titles, but Bal and Pitt would have a few of their own unlike the Jets, Dolphins or Bills.

Didn't you just tell say "Who cares if you can win Sept-Dec if you can't win in january"? We are talking about how they would fair in the North playing Bal and Pitt head to head two times a year instead of the Jets, Mia, or the Bills. You want to take away 2 Bal wins over NE because they came in the playoffs? Division games are more important than regular season conference games. Playoff games are more important than both. If NE was in the AFC North, their division matchups would be more like those playoff matchups than the regular season conference games they played against each other.

So now you want to include playoff games when NE beat Pitt (by 14 points) in Ben's rookie year, but you don't want to include playoff games when the Ravens beat NE (by 19 points) in 2009 and beat them in 2012 (by 15 points). :lol:

The record is exactly what I said. NE is 1-1 versus Pitt in the last 4 years, and if you want to go all the way back to 2004, they are still only 3-3 in the regular season. I don't consider a 3-3 record domination. Even if you want to include NE's playoff win and take away the Pitt win in 2008 (No Brady), the record is 4-2.

Now we are going all the way back to 2001 when Tommy Maddox and Kordell Stewart were playing QB for Pitt? :lol: You are giving Brady credit for a win in the 2001 playoff game where he led NE to 0 points before being knocked out of the game before half time? NE's special teams scored 14 points on a kick off return for a TD and a blocked FG return for TD. Bledsoe scored the other 10, but Brady gets the credit for the win. :lol2:

How are the Jets going to win the AFC North in 2009 when they couldn't win 9 games on their own? How are they going to win it in 2010 when they were 1-1 against Pitt that year, and 0-1 against Bal? How are they going to win the division when Pitt and Bal both won 12 games that year? The Jets have won 12 regular season games once in franchise history.

Some people feel that way, I don't.

did they msis? It doen't matter if they missed at 13-3, they still missed.

The Jets have the ONLY AFC East title in the Brady era(in a year he played the majority of snaps) but Bal and Pitt would be playing for 2nd place in this division.

I am not taking anything away from bal beating them in the playoffs but those games don't count toward div titles. It's funny how we are bashed for finishing 2nd then whipping NE in the playoffs but yuo aren't applying the same logic here.

Obviously you didn't watch the 2004 AFC Championship Game. 41-27 score, "only" won by 14 pts but that game was over in the 1st half. They led 24-3, 31-10 and 41-20. It was a thrashing at 15-1 Pittsburgh.

I brougt up possteason b/c you scoffed when I said Brady has dominated Pitt.

we both know they beat Pitt if Brady stays in the game, he left the game w/ a lead and just completed a 1st down on a 28 yd pass to the Pitt 40 which set up their only offensive TD of the game. W/o Brady NE wouldn't even have made the playoffs that year.

The Jets were 2-0 against the 2009 AFC North champs, leading 27-0 at home in week 17 before Cincy pulled starters then beating Cincy by double digits on the road 6 days later. The same Cincy team that swept BOTH Pitt and Baltimore.

In 2010 we went 3-1 agsinst the AFC North w/ the lone loss being a 1 pt loss to Bal.

games against common opps 2009 & 2010 reg seasons:

2009:
(NE, Cin, Ind, Mia)

NYJ: 3-3(50%)
Bal/Pit: 1-6(14%)

2010:
(NE, Mia, Buf, Cle, Cin, pit, Bal, NYJ, Den, Hou)

Bal/Pit: 16-6(72%)
NYJ: 9-3(75%)

did they msis? It doen't matter if they missed at 13-3, they still missed.

If I am trying to compare which team is better based on playoff apps, it matters a lot to me.

The Jets have the ONLY AFC East title in the Brady era(in a year he played the majority of snaps) but Bal and Pitt would be playing for 2nd place in this division.

Which happened to come in a year that the Pats were losers of 4 out of 5 at one point and finished 9-7. The Jets needed Miami to lose the final two games of that season to win the division at 9-7. The Jets didn't win it because they were a great team. They won it because NE struggled and Miami choked. Like I said before, NE would still have their share of division titles if they were in the North, but Pitt or Bal would have competed the 5 times that NE won the East winning 11 games or less, or the 7 times they won it winning 12 or less.

I am not taking anything away from bal beating them in the playoffs but those games don't count toward div titles. It's funny how we are bashed for finishing 2nd then whipping NE in the playoffs but yuo aren't applying the same logic here.

They count for a head to head comparison just like the regular season head to head games do. Bal and Pitt have won 12 or more games 50% of the time in the last 4 seasons.

I'm not using 1 playoff game and claiming Bal is better. I'm just using all of their head to head games and regular season records to compare how they would do against each other if they were in a division together. I'll count the Jets win in the playoffs. NE is still 6-3 against the Jets in the last 4 years. Compare that to the 2-3 record NE has against Bal and Pitt the last 4 years. NE has blown out the Jets several times, and the Jets largest margin of victory over NE is a 14 point win in 2009. NE has never blown out Bal in the last 4 years and Bal beat NE by 19 in 2009 and by 15 in 2012. The Jets have one close loss to NE. Bal has lost 3 close games to NE by 6 or less points.

Obviously you didn't watch the 2004 AFC Championship Game. 41-27 score, "only" won by 14 pts but that game was over in the 1st half. They led 24-3, 31-10 and 41-20. It was a thrashing at 15-1 Pittsburgh.

I thought playoff wins didn't win a division? :lol: Pitt was 15-1 that year and beat NE in the regular season. How would it have been possible for NE to win the North that year?

I brougt up possteason b/c you scoffed when I said Brady has dominated Pitt.

I actually brought up the post season games, and included it the 4-2 record Brady has against Pitt in the Big Ben era. I scoffed at you calling that domination when you have consistently marginalized that same 4-2 record the Dolphins have over the Jets in their elite years. :lol:

we both know they beat Pitt if Brady stays in the game, he left the game w/ a lead and just completed a 1st down on a 28 yd pass to the Pitt 40 which set up their only offensive TD of the game. W/o Brady NE wouldn't even have made the playoffs that year.

Scott Zolak could have won that game had he been the starter. The STs and D won that game, not Brady. It ridiculous to give him credit for that win.

The Jets were 2-0 against the 2009 AFC North champs, leading 27-0 at home in week 17 before Cincy pulled starters then beating Cincy by double digits on the road 6 days later. The same Cincy team that swept BOTH Pitt and Baltimore.

And still had trouble winning 9 games on their own.

In 2010 we went 3-1 agsinst the AFC North w/ the lone loss being a 1 pt loss to Bal.

Even if you include the win against 4-12 Cincy, the Jets are only 2-1 in the regular season against the AFC North. 2-2 if you count the AFCCG loss to Pitt. How is a 2-1 regular season record against the North going to help the Jets win the division that year when both Bal and Pitt still won more games than the Jets?

games against common opps 2009 & 2010 reg seasons:

2009:
(NE, Cin, Ind, Mia)

NYJ: 3-3(50%)
Bal/Pit: 1-6(14%)

2010:
(NE, Mia, Buf, Cle, Cin, pit, Bal, NYJ, Den, Hou)

Bal/Pit: 16-6(72%)
NYJ: 9-3(75%)

The common games for Pitt and the Jets in 2009 were:
(Titans, Bengals, Raiders, Dolphins)

3-2 for Jets. Though it is hardly fair to count the game in which Cincy had no desire to win.
2-3 for Pitt.

The common regular season games the Ravens and Jets had in 2009 were:
(NE, Oak, Indy, Cincy)

4-1 for the Jets. Again, hardly fair to count the Indy game and Cincy game.
1-4 for Bal.

Bal and Pitt won 9 games with no gimmes in 2009.

Common regular season games for Bal and the Jets in 2010 were
(Jets/Ravens, Bengals, Browns. Pitt, Hou NE, Buff, Mia)

8-3 for Jets.
8-3 for Ravens.

Common regular season games for Pitt and the Jets in 2010 were:

(Pitt/Jets Bal, Cle, Mia, Buff, Cincy, NE)

7-3 for the Jets
7-3 for Pitt

Ravens and Pitt both won 12 regular season games that year, and the Jets won 11. Pitt made the Super Bowl by beating the Jets.

Common regular season games for Pitt and the Jets in 2011 were:
(Bal, Jax, NE)

1-4 for the Jets
2-2 for Pitt

Common regular season games for Bal and the Jets in 2011 were:
(Bal/Jets, Jags)

2-0 for Bal
1-2 for the Jets

The Ravens and Pitt both won 12 games again while the Jets won 8. Bal goes to AFCC game.

Common regular season games for Bal and the Jets in 2012 were:
(Pitt, NE, Hou, SD)
3-2 for Bal
1-4 for Jets

Common regular season games for Pitt and the Jets in 2012 were:
(Pitt/Jets Tenn, SD)
1-2 for Pitt
0-3 for the Jets.

Jets miss the playoff again at 6-10 while Bal goes to the Super Bowl.

What was the point of this whole thing again? Are we trying to compare the Jets to Bal and Pitt? I can make that a lot easier for both of us.

Pitt 1 division title, and 1 Super Bowl app in the last 4 years.
Bal 2 division titles and 1 Super Bowl app in the last 4 years.
Jets 0 division titles and 0 Super apps in the last 4 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I am trying to compare which team is better based on playoff apps, it matters a lot to me.

Which happened to come in a year that the Pats were losers of 4 out of 5 at one point and finished 9-7. The Jets needed Miami to lose the final two games of that season to win the division at 9-7. The Jets didn't win it because they were a great team. They won it because NE struggled and Miami choked. Like I said before, NE would still have their share of division titles if they were in the North, but Pitt or Bal would have competed the 5 times that NE won the East winning 11 games or less, or the 7 times they won it winning 12 or less.

They count for a head to head comparison just like the regular season head to head games do. Bal and Pitt have won 12 or more games 50% of the time in the last 4 seasons.

I'm not using 1 playoff game and claiming Bal is better. I'm just using all of their head to head games and regular season records to compare how they would do against each other if they were in a division together. I'll count the Jets win in the playoffs. NE is still 6-3 against the Jets in the last 4 years. Compare that to the 2-3 record NE has against Bal and Pitt the last 4 years. NE has blown out the Jets several times, and the Jets largest margin of victory over NE is a 14 point win in 2009. NE has never blown out Bal in the last 4 years and Bal beat NE by 19 in 2009 and by 15 in 2012. The Jets have one close loss to NE. Bal has lost 3 close games to NE by 6 or less points.

I thought playoff wins didn't win a division? :lol: Pitt was 15-1 that year and beat NE in the regular season. How would it have been possible for NE to win the North that year?

I actually brought up the post season games, and included it the 4-2 record Brady has against Pitt in the Big Ben era. I scoffed at you calling that domination when you have consistently marginalized that same 4-2 record the Dolphins have over the Jets in their elite years. :lol:

Scott Zolak could have won that game had he been the starter. The STs and D won that game, not Brady. It ridiculous to give him credit for that win.

And still had trouble winning 9 games on their own.

Even if you include the win against 4-12 Cincy, the Jets are only 2-1 in the regular season against the AFC North. 2-2 if you count the AFCCG loss to Pitt. How is a 2-1 regular season record against the North going to help the Jets win the division that year when both Bal and Pitt still won more games than the Jets?

The common games for Pitt and the Jets in 2009 were:
(Titans, Bengals, Raiders, Dolphins)

3-2 for Jets. Though it is hardly fair to count the game in which Cincy had no desire to win.
2-3 for Pitt.

The common regular season games the Ravens and Jets had in 2009 were:
(NE, Oak, Indy, Cincy)

4-1 for the Jets. Again, hardly fair to count the Indy game and Cincy game.
1-4 for Bal.

Bal and Pitt won 9 games with no gimmes in 2009.

Common regular season games for Bal and the Jets in 2010 were
(Jets/Ravens, Bengals, Browns. Pitt, NE, Buff, Mia)

8-3 for Jets.
7-3 for Ravens.

Common regular season games for Pitt and the Jets in 2010 were:

(Pitt/Jets Bal, Cle, Mia, Buff, Cincy, NE)

7-3 for the Jets
5-3 for Pitt

Ravens and Pitt both won 12 regular season games that year, and the Jets won 11. Pitt made the Super Bowl by beating the Jets.

Common regular season games for Pitt and the Jets in 2011 were:
(Bal, Jax, NE)

1-4 for the Jets
2-2 for Pitt

Common regular season games for Bal and the Jets in 2011 were:
(Bal/Jets, Jags)

2-0 for Bal
1-2 for the Jets

The Ravens and Pitt both won 12 games again while the Jets won 8. Bal goes to AFCC game.

Common regular season games for Bal and the Jets in 2012 were:
(Pitt, NE, Hou, SD)
3-2 for Bal
1-4 for Jets

Common regular season games for Pitt and the Jets in 2012 were:
(Pitt/Jets Tenn, SD)
1-2 for Pitt
0-3 for the Jets.

Jets miss the playoff again at 6-10 while Bal goes to the Super Bowl.

What was the point of this whole thing again? Are we trying to compare the Jets to Bal and Pitt? I can make that a lot easier for both of us.

Pitt 1 division title, and 1 Super Bowl app in the last 4 years.
Bal 2 division titles and 1 Super Bowl app in the last 4 years.
Jets 0 division titles and 0 Super apps in the last 4 years.

I combined them.

It's very fair to count the Cincy game, they played starters for a half and we whipped them.

Bal and Pitt got SWEPT by Cincy, the jets went 2-0 against Cincy.

so we were better in common games in 2010 too?

The point is not that we were better just that we were on the same level, since the last 3 games of 2011 we have dropped off. Pitt has dopped off too but that's mostly b/c Ben got hurt.

I'm not ddebating 2011 and 2012, they were better than us both years obviously. It's about 2009 & 2010.

again, Pitt and Bal don't have to go through NE so they get home playoff games. it makes life easier.

It's very fair to count the Indy game as halfway through before the starters were pulled, they were beating the jets, and confirmed the probable outcome by outscoring them 45-27 overall and 24-zero in the last 31 minutes of the playoffs,- and that's wiith 2 of their 3 best defenders either being out (Sanders) or hobbled (Freeney). So posture all you want about the jets ever coming out on top of the Ravens and Steelers in any AFCN recent season.. a more persuasive argument can be made that they were not good enough to legitimately make the playoffs in their own division. Playoff competition not as a result of hardware or wins not resulting in hardware are nothing more than blue balls or "fools gold"

Last edited by a moderator:
I combined them.

You also left out games and got the records wrong. You gave Pitt and Bal a combined 1-6 record in common regular season games in 2009 when Pitt alone won 2 games agasint Ten and Mia.

so we were better in common games in 2010 too?

No, I just forgot to include the other division wins against Cle, Cincy and each other for Bal and Pitt. Their records head to head and in common regular season games are the same in 2010. Bal and NYJ were 8-3 each, and Pitt and NYJ were 7-3 each.

The point is not that we were better just that we were on the same level, since the last 3 games of 2011 we have dropped off. Pitt has dopped off too but that's mostly b/c Ben got hurt.

The closest year you could argue would be 2009, but the Jets got help winning 9 games while Pitt and Bal won 9 games each on their own. You also have to consider that Pitt was coming off a Super Bowl win the year before while the Jets were coming off a season in which they missed the playoffs. Bal was also in the AFCC game the year before. You can't just focus on 2 year window and ignore everything else.

again, Pitt and Bal don't have to go through NE so they get home playoff games. it makes life easier.

Bal and Pitt get home playoff games because they are capable of having quality regular seasons. The Jets can't even win the 5 seed. Is that because of NE as well? :lol: If the Jets could win 12 games in a season, they would have won a division title and had a home playoff game in 2009.

It's very fair to count the Indy game as halfway through before the starters were pulled, they were beating the jets, and confirmed the probable outcome by outscoring them 45-27 overall and 24-zero in the last 31 minutes of the playoffs,- and that's wiith 2 of their 3 best defenders either being out (Sanders) or hobbled (Freeney). So posture all you want about the jets ever coming out on top of the Ravens and Steelers in any AFCN recent season.. a more persuasive argument can be made that they were not good enough to legitimately make the playoffs in their own division. Playoff competition not as a result of hardware or wins not resulting in hardware are nothing more than blue balls or "fools gold"

It was a 5 pt game midway through the 3rd qtr. we have no idea how the game ends but even removing that game we still come out on top in common games.

We didn't have any injuries? our most improtant defender going into that season was out since midseason and our best playmaker on O was out since midseason but it only counts when jets opponents get hurt. how come no mention of the Jets winning in the title game before Shonn Greene and all the DBs went down? I wonder why that is?

You also left out games and got the records wrong. You gave Pitt and Bal a combined 1-6 record in common regular season games in 2009 when Pitt alone won 2 games agasint Ten and Mia.

No, I just forgot to include the other division wins against Cle, Cincy and each other for Bal and Pitt. Their records head to head and in common regular season games are the same in 2010. Bal and NYJ were 8-3 each, and Pitt and NYJ were 7-3 each.

The closest year you could argue would be 2009, but the Jets got help winning 9 games while Pitt and Bal won 9 games each on their own. You also have to consider that Pitt was coming off a Super Bowl win the year before while the Jets were coming off a season in which they missed the playoffs. Bal was also in the AFCC game the year before. You can't just focus on 2 year window and ignore everything else.

Bal and Pitt get home playoff games because they are capable of having quality regular seasons. The Jets can't even win the 5 seed. Is that because of NE as well? :lol: If the Jets could win 12 games in a season, they would have won a division title and had a home playoff game in 2009.

Either way the jets come out on top though, right?

so just as good in 2010 kind of meaning that we were on a similar level, right? which has been the point of this discussion. Thanks for clearing it up.

bal and Pitt are 2 very good teams in most years but they wouldn't be hosting any playoff games(unless they were a 5 seed and faced a 6 seed in the title game which almost happened for the Jets in '09, had bal beaten Indy the week before the Jets would have hosted Bal in the title game) if they were in a division w/ NE.

do you realize that most of your jokes are of the "I know you are but what am I" variety? That's one of the reasons you aren't funny even though you desperately try to be.
No we actually find Vaark very funny and you're funny too but not in a good way!

Back
Top Bottom