Hayden Fox's Assessment: Week Five | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hayden Fox's Assessment: Week Five

Good post and I was one of em who under-estimated the ravens, shame on me. But I have never seen a team who's had a terrible OL like ours and fixed it in mid-season, at least I don't remember one.

Outstanding post, excellent comments, well done :-)

What you say about the o-line is exactly what I feel. There simply isn't any way you can let the guys who are so horrible take the field after the bye. If they guys behind them aren't the answer, you need to find what is. You can't lose the season because of one unit.

So Jeff Ireland is to go FA and trade shopping for OL on the bye week after spending all those premium picks and money on various OL players? People can support or defend Jeff Ireland all they want but one thing that no one can argue is that he has repeatedly struck out on the offensive line and on finding a premium #1 WR.

If Tannehill had the clean pocket that Romo and Manning are having we would've won this game.
You happen to see Romo's TD pass to Witten, the one he threw on the move after escaping the pocket?

So Jeff Ireland is to go FA and trade shopping for OL on the bye week after spending all those premium picks and money on various OL players? People can support or defend Jeff Ireland all they want but one thing that no one can argue is that he has repeatedly struck out on the offensive line and on finding a premium #1 WR.

What ton of money was spent on the line? We brought in Clabo for the short term and that's about it. We've spent some draft picks there and they weren't ready based on their preseason play. Disappointing, but usually when you are starting mid round rookie linemen its not by choice.

The most appropriate comparison would be between Tannehill and the average quarterback in terms of how long it takes them to start moving in response to pressure.

Tannehill might well be pressured more than the average quarterback, but I strongly suspect it takes him a whole lot longer to move in response to it, if he does at all, as well.

In other words his long strides hinder his mobility in the pocket. It takes a while for him to get the lead out his ass and get out the way.

What ton of money was spent on the line? We brought in Clabo for the short term and that's about it. We've spent some draft picks there and they weren't ready based on their preseason play. Disappointing, but usually when you are starting mid round rookie linemen its not by choice.

Jake Grove?
Jake Long?
I'm brain farting on this name, but that high priced OG we brought in that was an injury risk, that got injured. Crap why can't I remember his name.

Good post Hayden, couldn't watch the game but will watch it tomorrow. Sort Oline and we are laughing, but it's a big task.

Back
Top Bottom